GDT: Game #61 | Wild @ Predators | NBCSN | 7:30PM CT, 3:30AM FIN | Dogfight

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah well the predator fans are saying the same thing about us. or have just as much right to. bad teams beat good teams. it happens to everyone. stop acting like it's a friggin sin that ought to be punished or whatever you think should be done about it. travesty!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If it was vs St.Louis or LA or someone.. ok, but against Edmonton?

It was a missed opportunity. I'm thrilled for this game, I just take exception to this one "making up for" that one.

I don't think it's so much of a: "OK, Wild, we forgive you for that Edmonton loss..."

It's more of a: "Well, we expected to beat Edmonton, and expected to lose @ Nashville. So we're all square"

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't think it's so much of a: "OK, Wild, we forgive you for that Edmonton loss..."

It's more of a: "Well, we expected to beat Edmonton, and expected to lose @ Nashville. So we're all square"

This accurately describes my thoughts.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'd almost rather play the Preds than the Jets if we had to choose IF we make the postseason. Jets are all about beating players down till there's nobody left. Nashville plays hockey. We've had many barn burners with them.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Do yourself a favor if you think we won't play any more bad periods of hockey (and there was ONE in Eddy) and just stop watching to save your heart from breaking. Expect it. It will happen.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Do yourself a favor if you think we won't play any more bad periods of hockey (and there was ONE in Eddy) and just stop watching to save your heart from breaking. Expect it. It will happen.
A little over dramatic. Nobody said anything close to expecting such a silly thing.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
A little over dramatic. Nobody said anything close to expecting such a silly thing.

fighting drama with drama. you're crying over one bad period of hockey vs edmonton. it's silly to think you'll carry on about a few more in other games?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Preds always a team i'd prefer in the playoffs over STL or the Kings or god forbid the Ducks.
everyone seems to take that as a diss (if you're the preds) but its just that we play well vs them.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
fighting drama with drama. you're crying over one bad period of hockey vs edmonton. it's silly to think you'll carry on about a few more in other games?
Nobody is crying. :shakehead

Preds always a team i'd prefer in the playoffs over STL or the Kings or god forbid the Ducks.
everyone seems to take that as a diss (if you're the preds) but its just that we play well vs them.
The Ducks would be a nightmare. They have our number in the spring.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

I'm not sure this year. I think they really have the ingredients for a legit playoff run. Great goalie, superb blueline and a great coach. I think our forward depth and quality beats theirs but the series would be a coin flip at best.

I still ideally would face the Pacific Division. Ducks haven't convinced me at all, they are all top heavy on the offense. We can neutralize Getzlaf and Perry and beyond that they don't have much going.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sooooo, yeah. We just beat the best team in the league, in their barn, in regulation. How about that? :nod:
71e402f30c2b741ecd69ba3ae4baf90bb45b7443c52422de88cf02f4802a5a19.jpg

I'm not sure this year. I think they really have the ingredients for a legit playoff run. Great goalie, superb blueline and a great coach. I think our forward depth and quality beats theirs but the series would be a coin flip at best.

I still ideally would face the Pacific Division. Ducks haven't convinced me at all, they are all top heavy on the offense. We can neutralize Getzlaf and Perry and beyond that they don't have much going.
Wouldn't want to face the Ducks, but it'd be nice to return the favor to Kesler for that stunt he pulled on Granlund earlier in the season.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

on paper i'd agree with you but my gut feeling just says they'd find a way to beat us. We should beat them, but we wouldn't. Probably lose in the most frustrating way possible. Same with LA, actually.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Again, I disagree with THAT sentiment is all.

I am like "OK, we're back in the saddle and took care of business today" but if you bring the Edmonton game into the equation this still doesn't "make up for" that.

I refuse to make that leap that you're making is all.

We're not even the ones who brought up the Edmonton game! We just disagree with those that claim this one makes up for that one.

This one by itself, awesome as all hell! This one combined with the Edmonton game? Missed opportunity at 4pts instead of 2.

Again, we didn't bring it up in the first place, we just disagreed with those who did.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Nobody is crying. :shakehead

The Ducks would be a nightmare. They have our number in the spring.

Much different Ducks team and most important much different Wild team. I hope we play Anaheim in the playoffs and shift to the pacific division

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Again, I disagree with THAT sentiment is all.

I am like "OK, we're back in the saddle and took care of business today" but if you bring the Edmonton game into the equation this still doesn't "make up for" that.

I refuse to make that leap that you're making is all.

Fair enough. Different ways of thinking about things, I suppose.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
This is the NHL. Where one bad period and a hot opposing goaltender can win any team a game against anyone. That's why this game we all love so much is so great. Get over it.

We MORE than made up for it tonight.

Lots of good games. I continue to love schroeders game, Haula..Fontaine..Suter. Bergenheim was decent I thought.

Keep it going wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad