Post-Game Talk: Game 61 - THE BEAR roars in the Northlands - BRUINS 2 Edmonton 1 F/OT

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That was a weird game.Hope i am not the only one about to complain after a big win but I can see though why they are bad overall in overtimes .What was Krecji thinking going that deep with his lack of speed and no puck possession?Feel like Krug saved the extra point.Anyways got the win and Krecji made the pass .On to Calgary.Go Bruins.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like Kuhlman and would like him to stay, but if he needs to go to bring back what we need. So be it.

Kreider and Josh Anderson please.

Be happyto land one about now.Burke tonite said whoever was willing to cough up the conditional 4th player(pick) in trade would get Kreider.Really like to get him but steep for a rental.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Better team at 5v5. Gotta be better on the PP. 0/7 is no bueno. Pasta OT winner was a thing of beauty.

When they try to be too fancy on the PP is when they screw up by over-passing and getting too many passes picked off and shot down the ice which kills off the PP quicker

SHOOT the damn puck with somebody in front of the goalie ..it's not rocket science

Reactions: bruins19

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I kept thinking the B's should dump the puck in more, as Smith's over-aggressiveness would eventually catch up to him. Sure enough he goes for the poke check in OT and Pastrnak puts it through him.

I'm a bit concerned about the PP, but Edmonton's PK was excellent. Very suffocating coverage. There was always a man open, but no way to get the puck to him.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Who would have thought at this point (late November, Bergeron a few games into his 9 game absence) that it would be Bergeron cruising to 30 goals instead of Marchand, who's now really questionable to hit that mark:

NHL.com Stats

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Way to choke ‘em out in OT, Bruins!

I liked their efforts against the Red Wings and Rangers, and they showed resilience tonight. Good job 3-on-3, and SICK goal by Pastranak.

I'm not ready to call him an all-time Bruins great, but he’s damn sure on his way. He’s a Canadiens killer in the mold of Neely and Horton, and he’s had one hell of a week.

Doesn’t make the unnecessary extra pass that’s been a Bruins hallmark for decades, and is fearless when it comes to taking the shot. I hope he gets serious consideration for the Hart. Yeah, he’s my total homer pick, but he’s as worthy as anyone else. It’ll also be a treat to see Pastranak hoist the Cup one day! (Sooner rather than later, I hope)

Also... it sure sounded like there were A LOT of Bruins fans in that arena tonight when Pasta scored that goal. I know the Bruins have a massive following in Canada, but is there any truth to the rumor that they’re the third most popular team north of the border...?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

I liked their efforts against the Red Wings and Rangers, and they showed resilience tonight. Good job 3-on-3, and SICK goal by Pastranak.

I'm not ready to call him an all-time Bruins great, but he’s damn sure on his way. He’s a Canadiens killer in the mold of Neely and Horton, and he’s had one hell of a week.

Doesn’t make the unnecessary extra pass that’s been a Bruins hallmark for decades, and is fearless when it comes to taking the shot. I hope he gets serious consideration for the Hart. Yeah, he’s my total homer pick, but he’s as worthy as anyone else. It’ll also be a treat to see Pastranak hoist the Cup one day! (Sooner rather than later, I hope)

Also... it sure sounded like there were A LOT of Bruins fans in that arena tonight when Pasta scored that goal. I know the Bruins have a massive following in Canada, but is there any truth to the rumor that they’re the third most popular team north of the border...?
I went to a game in Edmonton where the oilers won (7-4 ) but there were many Bruins fans. Nice people to have a real hockey chat with (can’t say the same about flames fans in Calgary)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You said good job 3 on 3.I say lucky.Krecji trapped himself and they took off 2 on 1.Krug saved the day

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I know the Bruins have a massive following in Canada, but is there any truth to the rumor that they’re the third most popular team north of the border...?
probably not far off. the habs and leafs have a huge following nation-wide from the O6 days, but the other teams are pretty much just popular regionally.

Bobby made the B's pretty popular for everyone who wasn't a Hab or Leaf fan and it certainly continues

if i had to guess i'd say all 4 american O6 teams are more popular nationally than Calgary, Ottawa and Winnipeg. Vancouver (with a 10 year headstart on the Alberta teams) and Edmonton (Gretzky) may have bigger followings than NYR, Chi and Det

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
You said good job 3 on 3.I say lucky.Krecji trapped himself and they took off 2 on 1.Krug saved the day

True. But be that as it may, I’m a results oriented guy and they overcame Krejci’s snafu. The Bruins were able to get the puck back and finished the Oilers off.

I just care about wins.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad