Post-Game Talk: Game 61 - THE BEAR roars in the Northlands - BRUINS 2 Edmonton 1 F/OT

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Yep.

They have too many of these kind of players. Servicable, but without impact. Moore, Heinen, Lindholm.

I would trade the lot, including ZS and JZ. As noted in another thread, I would also trade Gryz. And yes, maybe Jake.

I have heard, from two relatively intelligent outlets, that DeBrusk may qualify as a trade candidate. Not this season, probably, but going forward.

I ask about this because he's fast, yes, but streaky. Realize that Jake is young.

Can he develop consistancy in his game?

DeBrusk made a fine pass to set up a goal the other night {sic}, but how often can he do that going forward? Can he become a three zone player?

These are questions.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Dude, get a Pasta Jersey!
I own an authentic Reebok Edge 2.0 Bruins sweater of a player no longer on the team.

On the fence about stripping it down and sending it to Keener Jerseys in Winnipeg for “rebranding” with Pasta’s name and number...

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Draisaitl played 29:22. 8:35 on the PP but still. He really is a crazy player
He's a horse. One of the few things Chiarelli did right up there was that contract that (almost) everyone crapped on when it was signed.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Yep.

They have too many of these kind of players. Servicable, but without impact. Moore, Heinen, Lindholm.

I would trade the lot, including ZS and JZ. As noted in another thread, I would also trade Gryz. And yes, maybe Jake.

I have heard, from two relatively intelligent outlets, that DeBrusk may qualify as a trade candidate. Not this season, probably, but going forward.

I ask about this because he's fast, yes, but streaky. Realize that Jake is young.

Can he develop consistancy in his game?

DeBrusk made a fine pass to set up a goal the other night {sic}, but how often can he do that going forward? Can he become a three zone player?

These are questions.

Think upside.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
One of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few videos.

Love to see the passion and willingness to stick up for a teammate, and the players have clearly got the message post-Columbus. But the Oilers could easily have scored on that play - they briefly had something like a 3 on 1 in front of the net while Kuraly, Nordy and Lauzon were dealing with Chiasson, and, while the ref blew the play dead before they could get a shot off, he wasn't obliged to. The Bruins were a tad lucky to get away with nothing worse than having to go on the PK again.

Obviously purely hypothetical, but it would have been very interesting to see what the comments were in the media, from Cassidy and in here had the Oilers indeed scored, especially as it would likely have resulted in them wining the game. Definitely you want a response when it's called for, but the players need to be careful about when and how they do it.

Last edited:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
recorded 2nd and 3rd periods. "i'm old and go to bed early'. nice to pick up two points but im really anxious for Monday at around 4 p.m.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Kuhlman & Heinen shouldn’t be Bruins by Monday afternoon.
I totally agree, they serve no useful purpose on the ice. Maybe some team who needs a couple of pylons to fill out their roster would be interested.

DS somehow go and get a 2nd. line RW. Please do it soon as it is painful to watch the 2nd line with Kuhlman as one of the components.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Losing goalie gets first star. Winning goalie who faced endless PPs yet still won the game doesn't even make the 3 stars. Sure, makes sense.

Smith was the reason this game went to OT, Rask played really well, but Smith literally stood on his head.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

I have to say, that was quite the overreaction to that hit. :laugh: That's the response we should have seen to some of the hits in December.

It was an overreaction for sure.

But it was certainly a breath of fresh air for us Bs fans. We haven't seen enough of this when things way worse than this have occurred IMO.

Reactions: BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Awesome!!!

That’s a lot of eggs in one basket, though. Does anyone else think the Bruins need a little more scoring depth for the playoff run...?

They absolutely need more, and I'm hoping Sweeney knows this and is working on it. Even Krejci's goal tallies for the year are so far uninspired (though maybe i'm letting his last year with 24 goals cloud my judgment maybe, considering he's not a perennial 20 goal guy anyway)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->