Post-Game Talk: Game 61 - THE BEAR roars in the Northlands - BRUINS 2 Edmonton 1 F/OT

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It was obvious the Bruins were showcasing Heinen last night giving him PP time.
He had a so-so game for me, always plays well in his own end but did not do anything offensely.
We desperately need a RW for Krejci. It would be great to improve on the 4th line as well.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i cant stand the make up of the second line.. i shouldn't be negative after a win ... but i just had to say that to someone besides muttering it to myself throughout the game (and season)

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
He had a so-so game for me, always plays well in his own end but did not do anything offensely.
We desperately need a RW for Krejci. It would be great to improve on the 4th line as well.
so... they must have been showcasing him for the majority of the season?

Reactions: bergeronsboys

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Good game last night. Props to the Oil, they ground one out when they were down talent. Played a good game and earned a point. Drai is legit, he was good. Felt like he was the only guy out there for long stretches trying to make things happen.

If they can play like that healthy they will go far.

Reactions: Emerz and Ladyfan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

I have to say, that was quite the overreaction to that hit. :laugh: That's the response we should have seen to some of the hits in December.

I saw the hit coming the moment Gryz went behind the net. He must have realized at the last moment and pulled up a bit or he would have been obliterated. The Oiler didn't make a bad hit but it was a predatory hit and on a small defenseman like Gryz it could have been worse.

I want our team defending a hit like that every single time in the regular season. Great response. Nordstrom not only talked about it during the Rask concussion game but he is backing up those words. Having Kuraly and Lauzon nearby was certainly helpful. Lauzon is what we needed with Miller injured.

If the hit were on Moore or Carlo etc it wouldn't have gotten a reaction, but any of these hits on Gryz, Krug, or McAvoy need a statement like this or we will again be seeing them run in the playoffs.

aguineapig

The nearest thing to Pasta personality and charisma wise was a young Derek Sanderson before the booze and drugs nearly took his life. "The Turk" had the swagger and the style, he grew his hair and had the sideburns when no other player dared, he wore the mod boots and bellbottoms and the the wild colored wide lapel suit jackets. Everybody in Boston loved their Wild Child. Every other fan base wanted him run out of their building. He lost it all and nearly his life as well. Stick to the Dunkin' Cold Brew Pasta, Derek and I can both tell you all about the heartbreak.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
That defensive play Pasta made just before his OT goal is all you need to see to understand why 100 times out of 100 I'll take Pasta before Auston Matthews!

You would not be wrong there at all.
Great game last night(I wish the result was different but meh).
Playoff style game with physicality.
Loved watching Chara and Yammimoto go at it, too funny.
I think you guys may have the cup, your game translates to playoffs more then most teams.
Now beat Calgary.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Heinen has been on the PP for a while now, just so happened they had 7 of them last night so might have seemed like a bit more. They have more often than not asked him to stand in front of the net but last night seemed like Butch or whomever draws up the PP wanted Heinen to play more of a buffer, McAvoy made a great pass/shot on Heinen`s stick who made a nice deflection but solid save by Smith ended that

Heinen takes a ton of flack here but right now, IMO, Kuhlman sucking minutes up on the 2nd line is the bigger problem. He started out quick once he returned to action but he`s not playing nearly as effective as we got to see him play last season

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The nearest thing to Pasta personality and charisma wise was a young Derek Sanderson before the booze and drugs nearly took his life. "The Turk" had the swagger and the style, he grew his hair and had the sideburns when no other player dared, he wore the mod boots and bellbottoms and the the wild colored wide lapel suit jackets. Everybody in Boston loved their Wild Child. Every other fan base wanted him run out of their building. He lost it all and nearly his life as well. Stick to the Dunkin' Cold Brew Pasta, Derek and I can both tell you all about the heartbreak.

Turk's personality was more like Marchand rather than Pasta. He was a real wiseass. Bad boy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had a crush on Derek when I was in college

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Turk's personality was more like Marchand rather than Pasta. He was a real wiseass. Bad boy.
I "used" to be attracted to the bad boys. You are right Marchy was more like Derek. I remember him going to the box and the camera would be on him and he would whip the finger (Andy Ference sign language)

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Heinen has been on the PP for a while now, just so happened they had 7 of them last night so might have seemed like a bit more. They have more often than not asked him to stand in front of the net but last night seemed like Butch or whomever draws up the PP wanted Heinen to play more of a buffer, McAvoy made a great pass/shot on Heinen`s stick who made a nice deflection but solid save by Smith ended that

Heinen takes a ton of flack here but right now, IMO, Kuhlman sucking minutes up on the 2nd line is the bigger problem. He started out quick once he returned to action but he`s not playing nearly as effective as we got to see him play last season
Even though I do not live in the Boston area I watch all the games. Seemed to me he got first PP time a few times last night. His season average is around 2mins a game of PP time. I would much rather see Coyle on the ice on our PP vs Heinen. I agree with you Big Mac made a great play on the low shot to the net that DH almost tipped in.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Even though I do not live in the Boston area I watch all the games. Seemed to me he got first PP time a few times last night. His season average is around 2mins a game of PP time. I would much rather see Coyle on the ice on our PP vs Heinen. I agree with you Big Mac made a great play on the low shot to the net that DH almost tipped in.
The problem is that they like the 5th member to be lefty which is why Coyle doesn't get any time on the 1st PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->