Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Coyotes def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Horvat, Gaudette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
So you think he looks like rookie year Boeser? We are talking about completely different players right now. Forget what the production is, Boeser was absolutely dominant last season.

We have not seen rushes like that goal against TB last year or absolute bullets against Carey Price.

He’s the least of our worries and I like him as a player but like I said, he could be such an elite player if some kinks were worked out. My biggest beef with him is his defensive game anyways.

We need to stop with the “could be elite”. He will never be. He doesn’t have the work ethic.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If Arizona had as much injuries as the Canucks they'd be in the playoffs.
They are a better team than the Canucks are right now, that much is rather clear cut.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
So you think he looks like rookie year Boeser? We are talking about completely different players right now. Forget what the production is, Boeser was absolutely dominant last season.

We have not seen rushes like that goal against TB last year or absolute bullets against Carey Price.

He’s the least of our worries and I like him as a player but like I said, he could be such an elite player if some kinks were worked out. My biggest beef with him is his defensive game anyways.

He's definitely had some struggles in his sophmore season and I think we can chalk some of that to injuries. It was only a few months ago he said his back was still a little sore while playing. He's probably going to need the summer to regain that mobility...and he wasn't very agile to begin with.

I'd love to see him work with horvats skating coach. Forgot her name lol

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

And why does Green pair the latest Utica callup with a guy who is arguably their worst d-man, Gudbranson. What is he trying to do: Have them jump through a ring of fire as raw rookies in the league to prove they somehow belong?

Sautner isn't a guy who has been so good in the AHL that he's earned an NHL spot or NHL tryout. He's been fine, but not excelling, about the same this season as last season. He's been better than Chatfield and probably better than Brisebois, definitely better defensively than Juolevi though not as good offensively. Blujus, Sifers and Leblanc, on AHL contracts, have been as good as or better than Sautner overall.

This is an injury callup, pure and simple. Every single coach in the NHL would treat it that way. I'm not sure whether it is Canucks fans as a group or only a portion of them who treat every NHL promotion as a tryout, but that isn't the case. Sautner isn't in the NHL this season to show what he can or whether he belongs. For next season he's behind Hutton, Edler if re-signed, Hughes and Juolevi on the depth chart.

I know the Canucks' having a terrible defence complicates the way people look at things, but Sautner isn't in Vancouver to make the team as a regular. He needs to show more in Utica, or in training camp in the fall, to earn that. He's in Vancouver as an injury fillin and nothing more.

That's not Travis Green's fault, nor is it anything any other coach would treat differently.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
A couple more losses and they won't be playing meaningful games in March...

What a dreadful game. Not a lot of positives beyond Markstrom keeping the team in it early and then doing his damnedest to get the team some points. For the Yotes, Chychrun looked really dynamic. If that's not a flash in the pan type performance the Yotes are going to have themselves a nice D-man that's for sure.

Nice shot by Gaudette...that's really the first time I saw something from him and said "well that was NHL level and then some". Intriguing player that should be the basis of a good bottom 6 line moving forward. IF only this year were actually about rebuilding and he could get some icetime.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
i dont know if i have ever enjoyed a Coyotes game. even their playoff run was a farce.

just an ugly ugly game style for years and they get away with it.

Find it hilarious that you talk so much crap about the Coyotes, when your team has exactly the same amount of Stanley Cups as the Coyotes. Get off your high horse dude.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Poor mans Mikael Samuelson.

If BB gets 7M a year this franchise is screwed.

Good god what a terrible couple of takes. Boeser is playing at a 37 goal, 70 point pace per 82 through his first 119 games in the league and hasn't even turned 22. Samuelsson's career high is 53 points and he only hit 50 twice.

If you think Boeser's value is significantly under $7M you're delusional. The production he has put up by his age puts him in elite company in the league. He is easily worth at least as much as the $6.9M Nylander signed for a few months ago. Did I mention Boeser isn't even 22 yet??

Reactions: Jimbo57

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
My gawd does the team need Quinn Hughes, especially in OT. Canucks are being forced to overplay Stecher and as good as he's been, he has an absolute muffin of a shot.
Ummm...have you seen Hughes' shot??? It ain't an upgrade.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Shot is pretty much the easiest aspect of a players game to upgrade, take a look at Pettersson.

People who discount Hughes for his shot are going to be in for a world of hurt once the kid gets arm pit hair.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Good god what a terrible couple of takes. Boeser is playing at a 37 goal, 70 point pace per 82 through his first 119 games in the league and hasn't even turned 22. Samuelsson's career high is 53 points and he only hit 50 twice.

If you think Boeser's value is significantly under $7M you're delusional. The production he has put up by his age puts him in elite company in the league. He is easily worth at least as much as the $6.9M Nylander signed for a few months ago. Did I mention Boeser isn't even 22 yet??

A Poor Man's Mikael Samuelsson is still a top 5 player on this roster.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
A couple more losses and they won't be playing meaningful games in March...

What a dreadful game. Not a lot of positives beyond Markstrom keeping the team in it early and then doing his damnedest to get the team some points. For the Yotes, Chychrun looked really dynamic. If that's not a flash in the pan type performance the Yotes are going to have themselves a nice D-man that's for sure.

Nice shot by Gaudette...that's really the first time I saw something from him and said "well that was NHL level and then some". Intriguing player that should be the basis of a good bottom 6 line moving forward. IF only this year were actually about rebuilding and he could get some icetime.
Excellent observation about Chychrun. As I was watching the game, he continually stood out in a positive way. I don't pay much attention to Arizona and I don't know if this game was an exception, but if this is his new standard of play, Arizona has developed a really solid player!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol. Green in his post-game presser went out of his way to praise Chychrun's game as a legit top-two d-man, along with Ekman-Larsson.

Did he just forget that Chychrun was drafted 11 spots after Juolevi in the first round of the 2016 draft?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I was at the game, watching Pettersson in person in a different animal, we are extremely fortunate to have a player that is worth the price of admission. that being said, on stats it said 2 give away, I personally thought it was 5 or 6. despite so him generating sooo much offence last night, he also had some more giveaways then normal. I thought we deserved a better fait. No Tanev and Edler is really catching up. hoping the right decision is made by trade deadline. I personally prefer a tank at this point.

Pettersson, generated a ton of offence, had like 5 great scoring chances himself, but had one too many giveaways.

Gudbranson was pure trash. 12 minutes of ice time, speaks for itself. even a Canuck fan in front of me was applauding his give aways.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What happened to Gudbranson? Was he always this bad in Florida? Have the injuries taken their toll? Has the move to speed and skill in the NHL just left him behind? Or is it a confidence thing?

Just seems he's gotten worse every year he's been in VanCity. He was acquired as a legitimate top-four d-man, but is now reduced to playing 12 minute a night with the latest call-up from Utica.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

If you think Boeser's value is significantly under $7M you're delusional. The production he has put up by his age puts him in elite company in the league. He is easily worth at least as much as the $6.

9M Nylander signed for a few months ago. Did I mention Boeser isn't even 22 yet??

So if he scores 40 and is the direct cause of 60 against, you wanna pay him 8M?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Lol. Green in his post-game presser went out of his way to praise Chychrun's game as a legit top-two d-man, along with Ekman-Larsson.

Did he just forget that Chychrun was drafted 11 spots after Juolevi in the first round of the 2016 draft?

A few better defencemen drafted after Olli. Add McAvoy and Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad