Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Coyotes def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Horvat, Gaudette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
How has Spooner played? Some of us bruin fans liked him...The Debrusk Krejci Spooner line looked more dangerous than Debrusk Krejci Nash.

Hoping he turns it around. Good kid.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
One game and pretty much invisible so far.
Then you don't know what you're watching.

Spooner made some fantastic quick passes and seemed to be a fantastic addition to the first line at times.

I'm not going to be pollyannaish and say that we have found a top 6 forward. But, with our lack of depth, he brought a needed element. I predict he goes on a good run with us down the stretch just like he did with the Rangers awhile ago.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Spooner made some fantastic quick passes and seemed to be a fantastic addition to the first line at times.

I'm not going to be pollyannaish and say that we have found a top 6 forward. But, with our lack of depth, he brought a needed element. I predict he goes on a good run with us down the stretch just like he did with the Rangers awhile ago.
Often you'll see that with "new" players on a team. See Motte. Then they inevitably fall back down to earth. Vanek's contributions to the Blue Jackets after being traded there was one of the main reasons they were able to make the post-season.

Even if that happens, Canucks "win" the trade as we get a guy on either the parent club or the Comets whereas Gagner was only going to play for the Comet's competition.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

I know exactly what I'm watching. The same thing we've seen before with the standard retreads.

You must have some seriously lame fantasies.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
So if he scores 40 and is the direct cause of 60 against, you wanna pay him 8M?

I would say $7M is the number and he doesn’t come remotely close to causing 60 against. I have a news flash...defensive responsibilities as a winger are very rudimentary. The D and centre do the heavy lifting in the D zone. The winger’s sole responsibility in the defensive zone is to neutralize the D on his side. Yes Boeser isn’t going to win a Selke any time soon, but his job is to produce offensively and he has been incredibly efficient at doing so in his young career.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Thought Spooner looked pretty good first game was faster than Gagner and battled more than I expected. I have very low expectations for him but he is getting a large opportunity so he could surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad