Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Coyotes def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Horvat, Gaudette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
mKX4GXd.jpg

Reactions: lindgren

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Arizona has lost multiple players for the whole season including their starting goalie, their leading goal scorer has 13 goals, leading point scorer has 38, and they don't have a single player in the top 100 of league scoring.

Yet both these teams have 59 points in 60 games, Arizona has 1 more win, -17 and -18 goal differentials.

Really puts things in perspective when you hear about the Canucks supposedly turning a corner and having a surprise season when they haven't been able to cleanly pull away from a team like this.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Meh, Spooner will either jive with EP or he won't. I'm sure we'll see a long list of people tried with him over the years.
He doesn't jive then it helps the tank. He does jive maybe Benning found a first liner from the junk pile.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Still baffled that Motte is on the Horvat line. What a joke. This reminds me of Dorsett with the Sedin's all over again.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
They should just stack a top line with Pettersson Horvat and Boeser. It’s clear Pettersson can play centre, it’s not going to hurt his development to have him on the wing for a bit. Would give us a real top-6 line at least. Our second line wingers are about two lines too high right now.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
They should just stack a top line with Pettersson Horvat and Boeser. It’s clear Pettersson can play centre, it’s not going to hurt his development to have him on the wing for a bit. Would give us a real top-6 line at least. Our second line wingers are about two lines too high right now.

Petey's time at wing was at RW though. Also then youre thrusting a 3/4C calibre player into the 2C spot.

Unless youre making an Landy-Mack-Rant level stacked line it just creates more problems.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I'd be content with moving Pettersson on the wing on a line with Horvat and trying Gaudette with Brock Boeser.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Jeez, what an ugly lineup. Spooner on the 1st line... Motte on the 2nd line... Granlund on a line... yuck. And then that defence... double yuck. The Coyotes are about the only team you could beat with a lineup like that.

3-2 Canucks in OT

Boeser
Pettersson
Gaudette with the winner

Reactions: Hit the post

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

Honestly if they somehow picked up Jack Hughes or another decent center prospect this might be the best 1st line they could field in the next few years if they don't pick anyone else up, as you've got 3 legit 1st line players in Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat.

Reactions: PM

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Motte with Horvat...good gawd. The only player I'd like less in that position is probably Beagle, and maybe Schaller. I guess every coach gets their favourites that the fanbase doesn't understand, and it looks like Motte is slowly replacing Granlund as Green's Tanner Glass.

Looking forward to seeing Spooner. Always like seeing new Canucks. Don't like him with 40+6...prefer to have someone that can be the puck retriever for the other 2. Would rather try a top 6 of:

Leivo-Petterson-Boeser
Spooner-Horvat-Goldoblin

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Schaller in & Motte on the 2nd line, sometimes I'm thankful the games are on a 3am over here, so I only have to suffer the 5 minute highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad