GDT: Game 61: COLORADO at chicago, February 29, 2024 (Leap year edition)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Call me crazy, but I thought RyJo and the “second” line were really good this game.
Imagine if we got a 2C and Landy came back..

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-2C-Nichuskin
Parise-Johnson-Drouin
Wood-Colton-LOC
Avs were playing Chicago not Boston. RyJo, Parise and Drouin get destroyed as a line in the playoffs easily. Also, where is Cogliano on here?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
With his physique and those cheeks, he looks like he has the mumps.

And people say nothing has changed with the front office since Cmac took over as GM.
It's Joe Sakic. He called up to the booth and told them to turn his side of PepsiVision on to ESPN for the Avs game.

He's learned to multi-task in semi-retirement.

• Haha
Reactions: sethro109

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
No matter what team he used to play for, I can't believe anyone has every hated Zach Parise. He's just one of those guys you have to respect no matter what team he's on. Class act and gives everything he has every night

IMG_2315.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Never thought I’d say these words but I’ve become a fan of Zach Parise. To keep himself in game shape like this at that age is impressive, he wants to win.
I always respected the hell out of him but always hated him. Until the day he signed with us. He became an immediate favorite for me at that moment in time just because of the respect I've had for him over the years. He just plays the right way.

I can't count the number of times I've seen him pull the puck out of a group along the boards and motor straight to the net for a scoring chance.

f*** I miss her
OG LG was GOAT.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He’s an easy player to root for.

High IQ and high motor. Those players win over fans and, more importantly, a coaching staff. You can trust them.

He seems to have had a positive impact on RJ too. He's been much better since playing with Parise. Seems to have a lot of respect for his game.

"He's so intelligent. It's fun to play with him. I really enjoy it. His competitiveness, his work ethic, and you know, he's really an all around great player, and he's proved that for a long time. So it's been fun playing with him."

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What did they say about Gabe during the broadcast? I missed it.

Something about the Avs being cautiously optimistic he'll be ready for the playoffs, and Gabe chomping at the bit, with the doctors having to hold him back to be safe?

That about sums up that photo.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I always respected the hell out of him but always hated him. Until the day he signed with us. He became an immediate favorite for me at that moment in time just because of the respect I've had for him over the years. He just plays the right way.

I can't count the number of times I've seen him pull the puck out of a group along the boards and motor straight to the net for a scoring chance.
This is exactly what we need in our forward group too. Someone who just says **** you I’m going to win this board battle and I’m going to take the puck to the net whether you like it or not. Sure at age 39 he’s not anywhere close to his athletic prime, but you can see the intelligence and desire he has for the game.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
What did they say about Gabe during the broadcast? I missed it.

Something about the Avs being cautiously optimistic he'll be ready for the playoffs, and Gabe chomping at the bit, with the doctors having to hold him back to be safe?

That about sums up that photo.
Also mentioned how no hockey players ever had this surgery, and doctors in general are keeping a close, mentioned if there was any setback it's basically back to the beginning for healing and rehab.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I couldn't have said it any better than that. Exactly the way I feel about him. The guy never stops. He is another Cogs but with better hands/finish. He will be huge for us in the playoffs. I know he said this is his last year but I would take him back for another year in a second.

Drouin had a great game as well. He was very feisty and forecheck very well. He has some good chemistry with Parise. I agree that Ryjo had a pretty good game by his standards but it would be fun to see Parise and Drouin together with a decent C.

Really happy for Juice as well on his 1st shutout. George seems to be doing much better and our two backup goalies are doing very, very well right now. Encouraging.

I know that was just the Hawks they were playing but great game from all of them.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Solid win. Never in doubt.

Parise could become a real steal for us. A player with hunger and desire to win it all. Knowing it could be his last dance. Although i think the way he handles his body and play, another year is in the tank (reminds me of the Ray Bourque-situation)

Thats what every team challenging for the cup needs.... We saw it with Cogs 2022... Parise could be our joker this year....

I really like this signing.

So please CMAC, dont f*** up this TDL.... Just dont....

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
No matter what team he used to play for, I can't believe anyone has every hated Zach Parise. He's just one of those guys you have to respect no matter what team he's on. Class act and gives everything he has every night
He played for the Sioux and the Wild - it's really really really hard - I know I've hated him plenty of times back in the day.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad