GDT: Game 61: COLORADO at chicago, February 29, 2024 (Leap year edition)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Still just baffled by the commentators last night.

The funniest part is I'm not sure you can play any worse than Bedard did last night. His stat line read 0g, 0a, 0pts, 1SOG, -3, 2 hits, 2 PIMS (which led to PP goal against). That's a pretty bad night. Plus he got some easy matchups in 1st period mainly going against our 4th line.

It was so bad that when 29 scored his 100th point, they showed him for like 5 seconds then panned over to Bedard on the bench. Didn't even bother to show our bench to see their reactions but nope let's see how Bedard looks.

Like I don't mind marketing the new shiny toy a little bit, but don't spend 3 hours gushing over a guy who played a poor game last night, and his team got smoked. Once they could tell it wasn't his or his teams night maybe start focusing on the other team a bit. That was embarrassing by ESPN.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Someone should start a main board thread entitled "connorbedard" to voice our discontent.

not-it-tina-fey.gif

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
mikko was skating and seemed engaged last night, we need those bottom dwellers to build some confidence for this group moving forward

Still just baffled by the commentators last night.

The funniest part is I'm not sure you can play any worse than Bedard did last night. His stat line read 0g, 0a, 0pts, 1SOG, -3, 2 hits, 2 PIMS (which led to PP goal against). That's a pretty bad night. Plus he got some easy matchups in 1st period mainly going against our 4th line.

It was so bad that when 29 scored his 100th point, they showed him for like 5 seconds then panned over to Bedard on the bench. Didn't even bother to show our bench to see their reactions but nope let's see how Bedard looks.

Like I don't mind marketing the new shiny toy a little bit, but don't spend 3 hours gushing over a guy who played a poor game last night, and his team got smoked. Once they could tell it wasn't his or his teams night maybe start focusing on the other team a bit. That was embarrassing by ESPN.
I’m of the opinion players know the attention he gets and target him a bit. Kinda like they did mackinnon. I still remember Mack blowing Tyler meyers

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
mikko was skating and seemed engaged last night, we need those bottom dwellers to build some confidence for this group moving forward

I’m of the opinion players know the attention he gets and target him a bit. Kinda like they did mackinnon. I still remember Mack blowing Tyler meyers
I know MacK likes his healthy sources of protein but that seems like it's going too far.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I know the players know it. And honestly it is probably affecting how the Blackhawks are playing. It gets old, and the other guys are also out there busting their ass getting no recognition.

Reactions: lionsDen

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

He does whatever it takes to win, has always been like that.

Back in AAA when we were kids, our coaches would actually get upset at him for blocking shots like a madman because he was the 100+ point star player. Same thing happened at St. Mike's. He doesn't know any other way to play. 100% effort in every second of every game.

He'll be a great coach when he begrudgingly hangs up the skates.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I wonder if a guy like Parise is actively admonishing RyJo for his lack of effort.

Was chatting with Johnny Malkin last week, he mentioned Parise is very vocal at practice. Acts like a guy who has been there for years already. I'm sure he doesn't pull any punches when it comes to talking to teammates. What you've stated wouldn't surprise me in the least.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

The comments are golden. I guess we're nothing but a bunch of mean old bullies for treating a 18 year old kid that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad