Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Parody of the classic ‘The Trees’ by Rush
(Meant with a Good natured intent to poke fun at ourselves :thumbu:)

There is unrest on Canucks Board
There is trouble with the Fans
Though the Team is finally winning
Many are questioning Jim's plans

The trouble with the Tankers
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say it's far far too early
A lottery pick was in our sight

But Team Win can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder if some Tankers
Are more happy throwing shade?

There is trouble on the Canucks Board
Possible Playoff miss, looms ahead
Will the Tankers laugh, “We told you so!”
If we make it, will the topic be dropped dead?

Once Team Tank had their own Thread
Where complaining was their right
"Team Win are just delusional,
but they never were too bright!";)

Now there's a game to watch tonight
Against a foe, 2011 dreams were ruined
Tonight we stand together
To destroy
the Nasty
Boston Bruins

Edit: Forgot to thank @Zombotron for your solid GDT, as usual :cool:

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I can pinpoint the game in Boston where the Canucks really started to lose energy in their overall game...and that has continued the last little while (goaltending has bailed them out on more than a few occasions in this stretch)....The Canucks looked like they were regaining their energy last game (Tyler Motte always brings it).

The Bruins are a really good team ,but i dont think its insurmountable that the Canucks cant take a game away from them..As always, these games are a good measuring stick..Having both Alberta teams lose last night, should give incentive for the Canucks to win this one.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Perspective is important. The collective lack of maturity was on full display in the road losses to Pittsburgh and Tampa. The former was a case of crumbling under the pressure of a rocking away building...and the latter, the team got a little too excited for the "measuring stick" match-up. Those games provided a lot of teachable moments....I hope that the boys were listening.

Can't get too excited for this match-up, can't get caught watching their stars, can't over-extend your coverage just to finish a check on Marchand. I think, with all other scenarios in their favor (long break at home vs road B2B), we should be able to take this one. If they learned anything from playing the best teams, now is the time to show it. I won't be mad with a loss per se, I just want to outplay them.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As the season enters the home-stretch, the eternal question is how long will the Horvat line remain in the tank before the coach actually moves Louie Eriksson off that line?

As the lyrics to the old song say, 'the answer is blowin' in the wind'.

Reactions: cookiefest

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I know some want to see Pearson and Toffolii reunited but TT (Top Titty as labeled by Kings Fans) really seems the perfect/ideal fit for Miller/Pettersson. Boardword, forechecker, playmaker, garbageman is the perfect linemate for those Two. Virt with Pearson/Horvat is not a negative... Still hopr that $6mill Loui vacates the lineup.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As the season enters the home-stretch, the eternal question is how long will the Horvat line remain in the tank before the coach actually moves Louie Eriksson off that line?

As the lyrics to the old song say, 'the answer is blowin' in the wind'.
Roussel could use a shakeup. That gaudette line is struggling. Shake up that line as Rousell had some success with Bo last season.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Toffoli fits in well on the fist line..but boy, is his skating stride ever ugly...(probably why he went in the 2nd round, despite having great junior stats)..

Just goes to show that for a player like Gaudette,... you can still succeed in this league even if your skating isn't the greatest.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Loui being stapled to the 2nd line despite producing absolutely nothing offensively is by far the strangest thing I have seen all season. What the hell is going on??

Reactions: Love and timw33

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Adding my voice to the throng. How the hell is Louis still on the second line? How the hell is he still in the lineup? I don't blame him, but he just isn't doing anything for the team, other than not making horrendous blue line errors. In the last game he failed to get the puck out twice, once costing us a goal. In the offensive zone he failed in over five opportunities to make plays, including missing one empty net. The mind boggles. And as people pointed out, the team did great when he was on the bench.

Reactions: Love and timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Loui being stapled to the 2nd line despite producing absolutely nothing offensively is by far the strangest thing I have seen all season. What the hell is going on??

Adding my voice to the throng. How the hell is Louis still on the second line? How the hell is he still in the lineup? I don't blame him, but he just isn't doing anything for the team, other than not making horrendous blue line errors. In the last game he failed to get the puck out twice, once costing us a goal. In the offensive zone he failed in over five opportunities to make plays, including missing one empty net. The mind boggles. And as people pointed out, the team did great when he was on the bench.

Decisions in the Canucks organization are not made on merit, that much is clear.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bruins are one of the most physical teams in the league, so looking forward to seeing what one of the most physical forwards we have--Zack MacEwen--can do against the big, bad Bruins. Oops...almost forgot. But maybe he can body-check the water cooler in the pressbox if things go bad on the ice.

Reactions: cookiefest and Love

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Bruins are one of the most physical teams in the league, so looking forward to seeing what one of the most physical forwards we have--Zack MacEwen--can do against the big, bad Bruins. Oops...almost forgot. But maybe he can body-check the water cooler in the pressbox if things go bad on the ice.

We need Loui in case there's an empty net goal needed!

Love

Feb 29, 2012
My prediction is we get dummied unless Markstrom steals the game.

I also predict at least one turnover by Loui that leads to a goal which somehow prompts Green to add Loui to the top PP unit.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins fan here. Is Green line-matching a lot this year? Just curious if the Bergeron line will see more of Horvat or Pettersson. I feel like it's been Horvat mostly in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad