Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - A much needed regulation win - BRUINS 5 VGK 4

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
But it feels like a lot of people in this fan base just want to be miserable and are incapable of enjoying the good parts too.

Anyways, I thought that was a really nice win last night. Not perfect by any means but they showed a lot more heart to hang onto this win in regulation compared to some of their efforts recently. Looking forward to their game against NYI tomorrow.
This is a true statement. It is sad but true.

I think Mason will be good.

Fans need to understand that he is green and will make mistakes.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Congratulations to Morgan Geekie on his hat trick!!! :handclap:

Congratulations to Mason Lohrei on the GWG :handclap:

I'd love to see him take over the PP, Charlie McAvoy just isn't good at it. Also Mason needs to change his #- 6 & 10 are cursed!!!!
Love Charlie, but I agree. Mac is so dam good, but he doesn't shoot the dam puck enough or have that great one-timer which would help immensely, by not having everyone key on Pasta and when he does shoot, he too often misses the net. Lohrei just seems so dam comfortable and confident back there and he seems to have that great hockey IQ and knows what to do and when to do it offensively. I sure think its worth a try.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Weird game first period was maybe the best I have seen them play all season,thought ok they got this figured out,but not so much.But hey they pulled it out kudos to them.A couple of games against the Leafs next week I hope they have it figured out.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Weird game first period was maybe the best I have seen them play all season,thought ok they got this figured out,but not so much.But hey they pulled it out kudos to them.A couple of games against the Leafs next week I hope they have it figured out.
Yeah...I want to see that first period play for 60 minutes.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Perfect time to meet the Leafs though with the boys coming out of a rough patch & hungry to get some wins.I always hated going into big games on big rolls because you just felt your do for a loss, lol.Anyhow ,now feeling the Bruins are do for some wins, so good time to play them :D.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah...I want to see that first period play for 60 minutes.
That would be great ! I believe that was the Bruins best period all-season, but realistically, there's way to much parity in the league and Vegas absolutely stunk up the joint in the first.

Perfect time to meet the Leafs though with the boys coming out of a rough patch & hungry to get some wins.I always hated going into big games on big rolls because you just felt your do for a loss, lol.Anyhow ,now feeling the Bruins are do for some wins, so good time to play them :D.
I'd like to see the Bruins with an addition or two heading into next week. Chuck Fletcher was just on morning skate and he expects a few more moves in the net couple of days. Hopefully the Bruins add some meanness in the backend sooner, than later.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That would be great ! I believe that was the Bruins best period all-season, but realistically, there's way to much parity in the league and Vegas absolutely stuck up the joint in the first.

I'd like to see the Bruins with an addition or two heading into next week. Chuck Fletcher was just on morning skate and he expects a few more moves in the net couple of days. Hopefully the Bruins add some meanness in the backend sooner, than later.
A few teams looking for same thing .Bruins GM never sits it out so even with dry cupboards he will add depth is my bet.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Problem with Pasta and Marchand is that they’re gassed at the end of games. You those gaffs a lot more at the end of games.
I just love Pasta. He is a world talent. We are lucky to have him on the bruins roster. But one place I am not certiain he needs to be on the ice is protecting a lead with 1 minute left to the game. Not sure he is made for that task! + I would not like him injured with a blocking shot or risky defensive task.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
And if they can only manage 55 minutes, at least don't give up three goals in the five where they take a breather lol
What amazes me is that 9 goals were scored in that game. Nine. And it didn't really seem like a pond hockey game. Oilers game was 11 goals. Not that long ago a 9 or 11 goal game was big news.
I'd like to see them focus on locking teams down and winning something like 2-0 to make me more of a playoff believer.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i heard jack say the bruins have allowed 3 or more goals in a game for 8 straight games?? yeah. thats gotta change

Reactions: BTO

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What amazes me is that 9 goals were scored in that game. Nine. And it didn't really seem like a pond hockey game. Oilers game was 11 goals. Not that long ago a 9 or 11 goal game was big news.
I'd like to see them focus on locking teams down and winning something like 2-0 to make me more of a playoff believer.
It's been difficult for them of late, but yeah, this is number one, and it would also help if their best scorers other than Pasta could get out of slumptown.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I don't post on here often, I just like reading the fan base's thoughts, and this site is one of the few "social media" sites that isn't complete garbage now.

That being said, it really is amazing how many fewer posts there are when the Bruins win compared to when the Bruins lose.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to criticize this management group for and this team is pretty damn frustrating sometimes.

But it feels like a lot of people in this fan base just want to be miserable and are incapable of enjoying the good parts too.

Anyways, I thought that was a really nice win last night. Not perfect by any means but they showed a lot more heart to hang onto this win in regulation compared to some of their efforts recently. Looking forward to their game against NYI tomorrow.
Oh here we go. As one of miserable posters, maybe it’s because we’ve had our fill of regular season success thank you very much, coupled with failure in the Stanley Cup Playoffs when it matters most. This was encapsulated beautifully last year. I’m Canadian. I’ve been a hockey fan since I was born. I’d like more than one Cup please.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I don't post on here often, I just like reading the fan base's thoughts, and this site is one of the few "social media" sites that isn't complete garbage now.

That being said, it really is amazing how many fewer posts there are when the Bruins win compared to when the Bruins lose.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to criticize this management group for and this team is pretty damn frustrating sometimes.

True. It is easier to point out bad all day long to make you think you’re smart.

Oh here we go. As one of miserable posters, maybe it’s because we’ve had our fill of regular season success thank you very much, coupled with failure in the Stanley Cup Playoffs when it matters most. This was encapsulated beautifully last year. I’m Canadian. I’ve been a hockey fan since I was born. I’d like more than one Cup please.
Ya have to admit this place is awfully busy after a loss versus a win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad