Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
75187CA9-0AF6-4B46-9447-5C313B9EF1FD.jpeg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A win is a win is a win. It wasn't pretty by ANY means. But they broke the curse of going into OT finally so I'll give them that. They were holding on for dear life. I hate blowing leads. There are a LOT of things to fix. And I still think they can fix them. There's still time. This was a much needed win. Get the monkey off their backs. Got to be and play better though no doubt.

Haven't been able to post this in awhile. Happy to return doing it boys!

You ALREADY know the drill!
giphy.gif

cue the music!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh...but we should keep Jake and pay him big bucks...Pasta has to go :sarcasm:
The problem with Pasta is he doesn’t care. You sit right there - look into his eyes Tuesday night. I see the same what the psychiatrist in Halloween when he looked in Michael Myers eyes.

We aren’t going anywhere without tough guys who lay it on the line

I hate the Neely/Sweeney regime

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You know who’s really good - Danton Heinen

He’s become an instructional video on how to play hockey

If this regime decides to become sellers at the trade deadline a team like NJ or Colorado would be wise to pick up Heinen

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Great first period. Horrible second period. Exciting third, so a good time was had by all I think (except Vegas). Geekie's best game as a Bruin obviously. McAvoy solid tonight.

Can I say this though. Zacha is not good enough at this point. Playing third line level at best and maybe even being outplayed by Boquist. It's a problem.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good win.
vegas played like shit that first period
man carlo makes some dumb plays. that 2nd goal is all on him.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Randoms:

Often it helps to look at things from the other team’s point of view as well as your own. Vegas will be very unhappy with their putrid first period, which left them with a big mountain to climb, with giving up a late go-ahead goal, and with failing to land an equalizer despite having multiple good opportunities to do so. Boston deserves credit for a first 20 where they gave the Knights no time or space on offense, and were ruthless on the rush in getting bodies forward, shooting lots, passing well and setting up in good positions to stretch apart the opposition’s defenders and force Hill to have to try and cover multiple shooting angles. Obviously they couldn’t sustain that, but there was a template there for really effective offense that hopefully we see more of. Equally, the 3rd period yips were again in evidence and the final minutes were a near-run thing, but at least the Bs did hold on, just, including a late kill, and they did get that one crucial goal. They haven’t managed either on some other occasions in recent times, so count it as progress.

It's been said many times but it bears repeating – if Heinen’s hands were as good as his head he’d be an absolute A grade player. As it is he’s more than useful, and that will do. McAvoy, as good as he is and much as he scores some lovely goals, wastes a lot of great chances too. He’ll also never be a natural PP QB, and the sooner Lohrei can take over that role the better.

Pretty poor game from the top line. Started well, fell away badly from there. Outshot 9 to 4, gave up 6 high danger chances, had just a 36% xGF, conceded 1 actual goal. Not all Coyle’s fault by any means, and he had a key assist on the GWG, but not one his finest nights for sure. By contrast the 4th line was outstanding. In 8 mins TOI they had 17 shot attempts to 2. Only ended up with a 1-1 goal ledger, which was a bit unlucky, but they were busy and pretty relentless throughout and if the other lines had kept up the tempo they did the Bruins would have won more easily. Boqvist continues to be very good and just maybe we really have something in Brazeau. Very early days, but he has some useful tools for sure and Boston desperately need more size and physical presence in their bottom 6.

For the people expecting more from Pasta, that ship has sailed. He spent years playing with Bergeron and Krejci and the all-round and defensive aspects of his game only developed so far. They’re highly unlikely to progress any further now. That said, the people calling him purely a shooter or sniper are wildly undervaluing him. He has a fairly strong passing game and he’s a good playmaker too. Not elite, but solid, and certainly better than Ovi in that regard. And he’s a leader in his own way. Yes in the end his elite ability to put the puck in the net earns him the largest share of his money, and some of the low-percentage stuff he tries is pure garbage, but he still has more than one string to his bow. Just keep him off the point on PPs, forever.

Geekie has it in him to be one of those real difference-makers in playoffs. Just has to get hot at the right time. Far from a given, but he’s capable, and having a middle 6 guy who really steps up and delivers in the postseason is often a crucial ingredient to a deep run. Boston haven’t really had anyone even threaten to do that since Coyle in 2019. Just maybe Morgan could be the next.

Last edited:

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
A game about getting past the demons. Gave up a 3 goal lead. And another lead. Took a late penalty. Can't underestimate how important it was to come out with the regulation win.

4th line looked great. Have to be happy for a guy like bovqist finding his role. 55 is carving out a nice role as well. And have to be happy for Lohrei getting the game winner after a few rough plays.

Seemed like it was business as usual with the blown lead but way to stick it out and show some heart

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I honestly thought we were going down that same road of OT but they held on despite the penalty at a terrible time. They hung on and that has to help their confidence. I love games with few penalties overall, this one was surprisingly well officiated.

Congrats to Geekie and Lohrei! It is great to see them get rewarded tonight for hard work.

Lots of criticism about Pasta but he earns his pay cheque and has saved our bacon many times. There is one player who I hardly noticed tonight when he should be playing for his future, Debrusk got a monkey off his back the other night but I think the gorilla still has a grip.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Pasta is a great sniper, but the rest of his game is strictly minor league.
I know what you mean. Back in the early 80’s I dated Elle Mcpherson. She was beautiful, low maintenance, super fun and funny.

But her fridge management was ridiculous. Yogurts where the milk goes, mixed up fruits and veggies in the wrong crispers, etc, etc

Finally it got so bad I had to ditch her. Supermodels are a time a dozen anyway.

p.s. You don’t have Christie Brinkley’s number do you? I hear she’s single again, maybe??????

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
The sooner people realize what his game is the less disappointed they’ll be when his difficiencies make an appearance. His offense more than makes up for those gaffes.

His defensive game is lighthearted from what it was his first few years in the league
He had a stretch this season where he was hitting quite a lot. But he is paid to be a goal scorer & he does a pretty good job at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad