Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - A much needed regulation win - BRUINS 5 VGK 4

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pastrnak getting a lot of criticism here tonight, me included, but he is an unbelievable offensive talent, this team would be in serious serious trouble without him. I only ask that Montgomery not play him when the Bruins are clinging to a 1 goal lead in the last minute or so of the game.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
In 143 games regular season games. Not too shabby.

Pastrnak getting a lot of criticism here tonight, me included, but he is an unbelievable offensive talent, this team would be in serious serious trouble without him. I only ask that Montgomery not play him when the Bruins are clinging to a 1 goal lead in the last minute or so of the game.
I'd prefer the last 2 minutes.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
And there is nothing wrong with criticizing the decision to put him on the ice in these situations Who's running the team?

He is all world offensively but he blows otherwise

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Nice preview of what Lohrei could develop into if they're patient with him. Under 20% ozone starts for him today, matched up against mostly the Kinghts top 6 while playing shut down minutes next to Carlo. Despite that he still led bruins defenseman in xG%, and had the game winner on the PP. Best all around game as a pro from him IMO.

On the other end of that, Marchand has been bad since coming back from the all star break. 6 points in 12 games since then, only 2 of those at 5v5. Not sure what caused it cause it seemed like he had found his game and was playing break heading into the break, but he needs to figure it out.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Finally can post some blurry pics of the happy Win line and the goalie hug. Lauko in danger of being the lunch meat in the goalie sandwich :laugh:
IMG_4153.jpeg
IMG_4152.jpeg
IMG_4155.jpeg
IMG_4156.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
IMG_4159.jpeg
IMG_4161.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg
IMG_4163.jpeg
IMG_4165.jpeg
IMG_4166.jpeg
IMG_4167.jpeg
IMG_4169.jpeg
IMG_4170.jpeg
IMG_4171.jpeg
IMG_4172.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
..and please Monty

DO NOT put Pasta at the point on a PP ......anymore

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
And there is nothing wrong with criticizing the decision to put him on the ice in these situations Who's running the team?

He is all world offensively but he blows otherwise

I’d never have him out there in that situation.

TBH, I don’t want Zacha out there either the way he’s played in those situations this season.
(I know, faceoffs….but he’s not exactly Bergeron in that regard either)

Coyle, Marchand, Frederic, Geekie, JDB, Heinen

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Actually, Pasta is Ovechkin's clone.
Ovie in his prime was 10 times more physical than Pasta. I like Pasta, would like to see him more committed to a better overall game but 50 goal scorers are pretty rare and I am glad the Bruins have one. No Pasta and Detroit has a lottery pick with Bostons first round pick this year.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
not going to lie, I had a cigarette in the 3rd ..these boys won but in a very stressful manner .... again..nothing easy for them .... to be honest Jake's stat line doesn't look like a guy who deserves a raise but I watched him closely in the 3rd ..made a few really good passes that people couldn't finish ...snake bitten ... Jake the snake ...old school wrestling reference. 4th line looked good again,
It was like watching two different teams. First period was fabulous, lots of offense, lots of hitting. Second period was awful, no hitting and same problems as usual getting it deep, getting it out of our zone, and defending net front. Third period was a hybrid. I thought Gryz’s penalty late in the third would kill us. Glad they hung on for the win.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Such a Jekyll and Hyde team

First period they looked like world- beaters

Second - they couldn't make a pass or win a pick battle.

Third- an uneven effort where they ( somehow) hung on to win

16 shoots, smooth puck movement and focus in the first period ...16 shoots the rest of the game. Geekie played as good a game as I have ever seen him play: off- setting Marchand who struggled with the puck all game. Neither Grizz nor JDB made much of a case for why the Bs should keep them around

Take the W and run

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pasta is a great sniper, but the rest of his game is strictly minor league.
totally disagree.

Pasta getting a lot of grief for being out there last min but dam Marchand looked all the liabilty to these eyes.

4th line worked their tails off.

Not sure JDB broke a sweat.

It makes one appreciate how otherworldly our goalies were last year because defensive structure is just not Monty's forte.
Did JDB play tonight? I was at the game and did not see him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad