Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - A much needed regulation win - BRUINS 5 VGK 4

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
You know who’s really good - Danton Heinen

He’s become an instructional video on how to play hockey

If this regime decides to become sellers at the trade deadline a team like NJ or Colorado would be wise to pick up Heinen
Many years ago, a lifelong friend (Rags fan) who played college hockey, came up with me to Boston and we hit a string of games while hiking some NH peeks.

Every game he raved about a guy named PJ Axelsson and all he does both with and without the puck. Said the same about Bergy (says Selke should be renamed the Bergy) and actually texted me last week saying how Heinen has really resurrected his career and playing his best hockey now without good hands, speed, or overall strength.

Instructional video indeed.

The hot takes on Pasta have me questioning whats in the water in New England. Facepalm worthy.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Jesus fricken Christ, another 3rd period BLOWN by Cassidy

What? What’s that you say? Oh he coaches the OTHER team that wears black and gold? The bruins won? In regulation you say?

All lame jokes aside, it is nice to see the bruins get a win and reminder that all good teams can blow third periods / lose late and get nothing for their efforts

The bruins do need to majorly fix this issue themselves, but progress is progress.

Bruins game 3 and 4 last year looked mighty good and they were doing it without bergeron (and Krejci? Do I remember that correctly?)

They won’t go far in the playoffs this year but if they play with heart every game they’ll go out better than they did last time around.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Did JDB play tonight? I was at the game and did not see him
My god, I thought the exact same thing. I often will play a game or watch something with the wife while the bruins are on now (a regretful decision overall last year due to how epic it was until the playoffs lol and it being Bergeron’s last) but last night I remember thinking if Jake was injured and then I saw him hug sway.

Love jakey but man he’s not doing himself any favors this season

In a perfect world he’d just re-up at his current number and be done with it. I fear what we may get for him as a return and his agent is likely asking for too much. Sigh.

Score some damn goals already kid!

Reactions: lopey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I went to bed.
It worked.

IMG_1119.jpeg

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
You know who’s really good - Danton Heinen

He’s become an instructional video on how to play hockey

If this regime decides to become sellers at the trade deadline a team like NJ or Colorado would be wise to pick up Heinen
He will not be playing for league minimum any more, wherever he ends up.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm going to say this again - Bruce had Kolesar out there in the final minute with the goalie pulled.

It's explainable. First, no Stone or Eichel. That leaves Karlsson, Marchessault, Stephenson, Amadio and Barbashev as the obvious top forwards, and Theodore as the most offensively gifted D-man. In the late PP Cassidy used the first 4 of those forwards, and then brought on Roy half way through as the 6th man. With the clock counting down it got to the point, with about 40 secs left, that Karlsson and Marchessault had both pulled really long 3 minute shifts, starting before their PP and out the other side, although there was a TV timeout in there. Nonetheless Bruce probably wanted fresh bodies out there in the last gasp to try and make something happen. The swaps were Karlsson and Roy for Barbashev and Kolesar, and Pietrangelo for Theo, while JM stayed on. Not ideal perhaps, but the only other realistic fresh option was Cotter, who'd not be any better an alternative than KK.

So that was Bruce's choice - stick with better but tired bodies, or try some fresh legs. As it turned out Kolesar did get wide open but blew the shot. Maybe Karlsson or Roy would have scored it, or maybe they would never have gotten into that position in the first place. Either way, in context Kolesar was a rational choice to send out.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I like watching the lesser known players of the league coming to Boston and having alot of success.

Heinen-Geekie-Freddy would be a terrific 3rd line next season.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
My god, I thought the exact same thing. I often will play a game or watch something with the wife while the bruins are on now (a regretful decision overall last year due to how epic it was until the playoffs lol and it being Bergeron’s last) but last night I remember thinking if Jake was injured and then I saw him hug sway.

Love jakey but man he’s not doing himself any favors this season

In a perfect world he’d just re-up at his current number and be done with it. I fear what we may get for him as a return and his agent is likely asking for too much. Sigh.

Score some damn goals already kid!
JDB saw Cassidy and wilted like a spring flower in Quebec in January

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
After the 3 goal lead. you could see it coming.
First goal by Vegas was just a beauty. That was one of the most difficult goals Ive seen this year. Just a great play by cotter. Then with how fragile the Bruins are, it all falls into place. Mistakes everywhere....
2nd goal was a disaster. Mcavoy and matchand collide. coyle floating. Mcavoy flying past the net, not taking a man in front. It was just peewee crap.
3rd goal- another dumb play by Carlo. All he had to do was put it back behind the net. His partner was even yelling for it. Carlo has been pretty good this year, but hes another guy I wouldnt mind trading. He has zero poise with the puck.
Then the SHG. Great shot by Stevenson, but Pasta cannot be last man back. Mcavoy also should be more aware there.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
2 Of Vegas superstars out tonight puts an * next to this W but glad for the pts

We didn't have Hampus, who easily offsets Stone in what he is to Boston. Massive minute eater in all 3 zones and special teams.

They didn't have Eichel, we didn't have Debrusk. So almost even!

Randoms:

For the people expecting more from Pasta, that ship has sailed. He spent years playing with Bergeron and Krejci and the all-round and defensive aspects of his game only developed so far. They’re highly unlikely to progress any further now. That said, the people calling him purely a shooter or sniper are wildly undervaluing him. He has a fairly strong passing game and he’s a good playmaker too. Not elite, but solid, and certainly better than Ovi in that regard. And he’s a leader in his own way. Yes in the end his elite ability to put the puck in the net earns him the largest share of his money, and some of the low-percentage stuff he tries is pure garbage, but he still has more than one string to his bow. Just keep him off the point on PPs, forever.

I'm not so sure Pasta is who he will be at 27. We've seen a lot of wingers in Boston grow after that. Fingers crossed.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Many years ago, a lifelong friend (Rags fan) who played college hockey, came up with me to Boston and we hit a string of games while hiking some NH peeks.

Every game he raved about a guy named PJ Axelsson and all he does both with and without the puck. Said the same about Bergy (says Selke should be renamed the Bergy) and actually texted me last week saying how Heinen has really resurrected his career and playing his best hockey now without good hands, speed, or overall strength.

Instructional video indeed.

The hot takes on Pasta have me questioning whats in the water in New England. Facepalm worthy.

Always love to hear praise for my all time favorite Bruin PJ!!! :nod:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I don't post on here often, I just like reading the fan base's thoughts, and this site is one of the few "social media" sites that isn't complete garbage now.

That being said, it really is amazing how many fewer posts there are when the Bruins win compared to when the Bruins lose.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to criticize this management group for and this team is pretty damn frustrating sometimes.

But it feels like a lot of people in this fan base just want to be miserable and are incapable of enjoying the good parts too.

Anyways, I thought that was a really nice win last night. Not perfect by any means but they showed a lot more heart to hang onto this win in regulation compared to some of their efforts recently. Looking forward to their game against NYI tomorrow.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I don't post on here often, I just like reading the fan base's thoughts, and this site is one of the few "social media" sites that isn't complete garbage now.

That being said, it really is amazing how many fewer posts there are when the Bruins won compared to when the Bruins lose.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to criticize this management group for and this team is pretty damn frustrating sometimes.

But it feels like a lot of people in this fan base just want to be miserable and are incapable of enjoying the good parts too.

Anyways, I thought that was a really nice win last night. Not perfect by any means but they showed a lot more heart to hang onto this win in regulation compared to some of their efforts recently. Looking forward to their game against NYI tomorrow.
A lot of it is frustration. A lot of it is some posters only post when it is bad. Some are the arguments about people saying how miserable the other people are after a loss. The board seems to be made of of good fans mostly who criticize and praise I've noticed there are some that just show up after loses exclusively, and they are to be ignored. I like the posters who can do both.

Reactions: lopey and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad