Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - 101 Points in 61 games - BRUINS 7 Buffalo 1

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That was one of the best regular season hockey days in my life:

1. Woke up and Pastrnak was signed for max 8 years under 12 million. Read that ‘what a day for Bruins fans’ and realized it wasn’t the only move.

2. Bertuzzi is a Bruin and no one had to leave.

3. Friend offers me his Canucks tickets (common nowadays) and I take my six year old to her first game since Covid. First Nations night and amazing Daddy-Daughter night.

4. Check the score, Scorlov on fire.

5. Bruins put up a TD on the team that worries me the most in the first round.

7. Bruins make NHL history.

And that has nothing whatsoever about one of the best days personally for my family today. I’m home reading this thread and genuinely happy for so many Bruins fans like me today.

Cheers!

And this is after being there behind the Canucks net just a few days ago when Ullmark made history!

Pasta is an amazing person!
You, silly!

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL

1. Woke up and Pastrnak was signed for max 8 years under 12 million. Read that ‘what a day for Bruins fans’ and realized it wasn’t the only move.

3. Friend offers me his Canucks tickets (common nowadays) and I take my six year old to her first game since Covid. First Nations night and amazing Daddy-Daughter night.

And that has nothing whatsoever about one of the best days personally for my family today. I’m home reading this thread and genuinely happy for so many Bruins fans like me today.

Cheers!

And this is after being there behind the Canucks net just a few days ago when Ullmark made history!
‘Scorlov’ is good, but I am going with Bobby Orrlov.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Damnit! I just did that math about Hathaway and Orlov vs Smith. I'll also add that the rest of the Bruins call up forwards and bench D have only 8 points in 55 games

Reactions: NDiesel

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Nice to see you tonight, Dan.

Just in. Wow what a night.

Pasta was very sweet to give me his signed sick at the end of the game. I was surprised. Maybe I look like his grandmother.

Had a blast tonight.

Orlov is great. He looks smaller in person.

Lauko had a fun night. Big smiles.

Someone who works for the Bs said they believe Brad will be OK. Precautionary.

My daughter is in Calif. Pasta gave a stick to me!
Greatness recognizes greatness! :5:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Followed the first online, watched the second, friend called just before the third. Thus, I do not have much to say for once. I hope Brad is ok, we can give him as much time off as he needs basically. I am hoping for the best.
They were extremely sharp in the second in most ways. Turnovers concerned me though as I thought they played too fast. Dumb I know but it struck me. Greer and Lauko, and Carlo had a nice second. Pasta was great, but I still think he has a slight l.b.i as he kept getting caught on breakaways and odd man rushes.

Reactions: Lordstanley

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Was he this good in Washington...or has he climbed to the top of a mountain recently...lol I freaking love this guy.
As far as points, he had 3 goals and 16 assists in 43 games with Washington this season. In 4 games with the Bruins he has 3 goals and 5 assists.

What a game, I never expected the explosion in the 3rd. I thought they would be tired, I am in awe of this team. I wish Swayman had got his shutout, so close.

@Ladyfan that is the sweetest story and you are so deserving of that gift from Pasta. I think they should have a star for best fan too, then you could return the favour and give Pasta an autographed baseball bat and some homemade cookies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Cheers!

You, silly!
You seem like a great person, so it's well deserved, so happy for you.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Is this the best group of defensemen, 1 thru 6 (or 7 or 8) in the cap era?

I'd still give the nod to
Hedman-Rutta
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Savard

But this group has the potential to be that, depending on how the playoffs go. I'm hopeful :)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
And dont forget the kfc bucket you owe me. I'll bring the Coleslaw.

So don another general manager award or what? What a magician. Hes top 5 in league for sure.
Lmao I do??? When did we make that bet? Haha I’m good for it you just have a better memory than me

I think he’ll win GM of the year hands down. You can’t break that many nhl records and not have the GM get praise, especially in context of being essentially counted out/seen as a bubble team prior to the season start

Reactions: The don godfather

aguineapig

Check out this Baby, 2023 Boston Bruins, what a machine. Goes from 0 to 101 in 61 games, fastest ride ever. Sway and Linus, Soul and Inspiration, The Righteous Brothers. Everybody's doing the Lauko-motion.
Monty has Orlov for four games and unleashed the beast. Looks like the Caps were setting up the wrong guy on the wrong side for the one timer all these years.

Hathaway time will tell.
They did a couple interviews with Garnet on NESN yesterday, he seems like a genuinely good person. He's a Mainer after all and don't forget the last time we had a Garnet on the roster we won the Cup.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1677843571106.png

1677843585394.png

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You know what I think of bunch of us are sleeping on with how crazy this season is. Remember the injuries we had to start the season. All the key cogs that weren't even available to start the year. It was suppose to be a just hold on until everyone gets healthy. Fun ride so far. Just need to keep pressing
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m concerned about the playoffs . I’m trying to keep an even keel. Any logical Bruins fan has to realize strange things can happen in the playoffs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They did a couple interviews with Garnet on NESN yesterday, he seems like a genuinely good person. He's a Mainer after all and don't forget the last time we had a Garnet on the roster we won the Cup.
I see all of that. Judging where he went to school (Brown) he is intelligent. I never have liked the game he played. He will have to win me over. We will see.

Orlov is the better of those two for sure.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I have a video of Pasta giving that stick to a little kid and LF snatching from her hands.
I'm blackmailing her big time
LOL

When Krejci flipped the puck to my daughter a couple of weeks ago a teenager actually caught it, but his dad told him to give it to her because everyone in the area knew DK was sending it over for her.

There are good people around.

Even if he's ok to go, I hope they let Marchand have a maintenence day tomorrow. That would give him some extra time to heal up, seeing as the next game after the Rangera isn't until Thursday.

I was thinking he and Bergy could use the extra day as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad