Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - 101 Points in 61 games - BRUINS 7 Buffalo 1

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m concerned about the playoffs . I’m trying to keep an even keel. Any logical Bruins fan has to realize strange things can happen in the playoffs.

Logical people don't give undue importance to irrational fears. Yes, strange things can happen in the playoffs, but logic says they're no more likely to happen to the Bruins than any other team.

Things one might be logically concerned about:
1) The team peaking too soon or not being able to sustain its momentum through the playoffs
2) Current injuries to Foligno and Hall hurting the team, even with the addition of Bertuzzi
3) Ullmark's relative lack of playoff experience

But even so, one can also make logical counter-arguments to all these concerns.

1) The experience and leadership on this team will keep them focused on playing in the moment
2) Without knowing the extent of the injuries, there's still plenty of time before the POs. One or both could be back by then, or sometime in the 1st/2nd round at least. Still a very deep team at forward, even with their absences.
3) Seriously? The dude is playing elite, Vezina-calibre goaltending. The likelihood is that he will continue to play like that, plus look at the D squad in front of him now.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Logical people don't give undue importance to irrational fears. Yes, strange things can happen in the playoffs, but logic says they're no more likely to happen to the Bruins than any other team.

Things one might be logically concerned about:
1) The team peaking too soon or not being able to sustain its momentum through the playoffs
2) Current injuries to Foligno and Hall hurting the team, even with the addition of Bertuzzi
3) Ullmark's relative lack of playoff experience

But even so, one can also make logical counter-arguments to all these concerns.

1) The experience and leadership on this team will keep them focused on playing in the moment
2) Without knowing the extent of the injuries, there's still plenty of time before the POs. One or both could be back by then, or sometime in the 1st/2nd round at least. Still a very deep team at forward, even with their absences.
3) Seriously? The dude is playing elite, Vezina-calibre goaltending. The likelihood is that he will continue to play like that, plus look at the D squad in front of him now.
You could make the argument that the Bruins biggest problem in the post season has been health. Too many times the core was on life support and the D was thin. To Sweeney's credit, he's tried to address the depth issue, almost planning for it to happen. Hope not...

Reactions: 22Brad Park

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Hmmm...with all wheel or 4 wheel drive do you even need snow tires? I've always had regular tires and never had an issue in the snow.
Snow tires would definitely help with the braking in the snow, but usually are worse on clear/wet roads.

4 wheel drive gives you more traction to get moving, but doesn't add to braking power. Only better tires can help that.

I like to use All-Weather tires which are a bit better than All-Seasons in snow, but aren't as bad on clear/wet roads as snow tires. I'd only get snow tires if I lived somewhere that the roads were always covered in snow.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My vocal Genres range from Cooke ,Charles, Sledge, Pickett , Ruffin ,Redding, Gaye, Wilson, Moody Blues, Zeppelin, Seger, Croce , Bad Company, Squier, Skynyrd , Petty , Allman Brothers, Traveling Wilburys, Beatles, Badfinger, Aerosmith, Guess Who, Foreigner , Styx , SRV, Sabbath , Rush , ZZ Top, Thin Lizzy , Priest , Deep Purple, Dio , Ozzy , BOC , Boston , Blackfoot , Cooper , Tull , Scorpions , Hagar , VH, GFR , CCR , Who , Free , BTO , Meat Loaf, Miller , Eagles , Mellecamp, Money, 3 Doors Down, Imagine Dragons , Post Malone , This is a small sample of the artists I sing and record right now. At least a thousand songs and over 400 artists I cover now. From a period of over 60 years now. I finally realize that the good lord put me on this earth to have this passion and love for some reason. After my brother died 3 years this March 17....my life changed. Im starting a music foundation in his name. The rest will all fall in place. I love when someone tells me you can't do something in life....lol This passion is equal to the passion I have for this Bruins team.....for 54 years.
Do you play out anywhere in New englnd?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I love having seasons. I can't imagine living somewhere where it's just the same weather over and over again. I would go mad.

I love my snow!
Could not agree more.

The only down month for me is November, that's when we usually migrate to Florida or Thailand or whatever south and warm for 2 weeks.

Reactions: Mione134

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
That was the dumbest thing they could of possibly done in my opinion . People were so amped they were in the final and since they swept Carolina people didn't want to wait to see the team . Having that open scrimmage really screwed things up.
The fans were hyped for sure, but the bigger problem was that the Bs were going to have 10 freakin' days between games. They actually got punished for completing the sweep, and there was a lot of concern that the Bruins were going to be ice cold going into the Final. The scrimmage was a way to try to keep the team from completely losing their momentum.

The Bs ended their series against Carolina on May 16.
The Blues finished their 6 game series against the Sharks on May 21.
The first game of the Finals was on May 27.

The Blues got the perfect amount of rest and the Bs got screwed.

Reactions: sooshii

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Are you telling me that the poster I asked if he was able to build a guitar, LordStanley, is Brian May, or his dad?
That would be amazing.

Ask him a question about astrophysics. If he gives the correct answer, it may be him!

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Ask him a question about astrophysics. If he gives the correct answer, it may be him!
Ask me anything about music .....carpentry.....or my son who is in the US Navy Nuclear Program....highest GPA in his class....In the South Pacific Sea right now....22 years old. As the saying goes jlo .....the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree...lol Cheers .....and if you need proof of my son protecting you and everyone in America...let me know. I will send you a pic of him on Nimitz......proudest dad on earth.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ask me anything about music .....carpentry.....or my son who is in the US Navy Nuclear Program....highest GPA in his class....In the South Pacific Sea right now....22 years old. As the saying goes jlo .....the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree...lol Cheers .....and if you need proof of my son protecting you and everyone in America...let me know. I will send you a pic of him on Nimitz......proudest dad on earth.

Thank you for your son's service.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Funny you say that ...my brother builds his own guitars. And Queen does have some very tough vocals to sing....you should try ....lol.....or not
My dad was a carpenter, and I used to work for him during the summers growing up, so I have some skill in that area, but guitar necks are kind of intimidating. Just the precision needed, especially without a proper workshop, and tools. Good for your brother.

I would not even attempt to try to sing like Freddie.

Reactions: Lordstanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad