GDT: Game 60: dallas @ COLORADO, February 27, 2024 (tonight's game edition)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Talisker is damn good whiskey.
I'm a sucker for the scotch. My two favorite regions are the Ilse of Isay and the Isle of Skye, Skye for the beautiful balance of peat and smoke like in Talisker. You can almost taste a bit of the ocean as well or maybe that is just the brain providing that memory as I've been to their distillery and vividly remember it. I was also lucky enough to tour Laphroaig on the Isle of Islay. Laphroaig... holy crap the peat and especially the smoke is through the roof. I once got the impression of being downwind of an unruly campfire while enjoying a dram. I absolutely stone-cold LOVE this one.

As you know, scotch can be divisive. Even among those that have always liked or acquired the taste for it find Laphroaig to be... an experience. They used to have commercials of people trying it for the first time that were actually really funny. It's obvious that it is not for most people, but it's also funny to see how many folks would try to hide the fact they didn't enjoy it.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He got up, and said something to Manz as he skated by, then stood and stared at him before leaving the ice.

I was like, Bro, you just whiffed and then fell into the boards. How is that Manson's fault?

They had a nice staring contest about 10 feet apart after some cheap shots by Marchment, with what seemed like no words, at the end of the game too.

Couldn't see it, but I feel like Manson was saying "I'll absolutely murder you if you take a step towards me" with his eyes.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Georgiev was great tonight, gotta give credit where credit is due. I also though Bo had a stand out game. It was nice to see Mikko put in some level of effort after a long stretch of extremely lack luster play. I also didn’t mind the Parise-RyJo-Drouin line today, although it was great it was unfortunately better than the 20’s line.

Now if we could just get a shut down defensive defender to play with Byram and a viable 2C to round out our forwards we’d be in half decent shape.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
They had a nice staring contest about 10 feet apart after some cheap shots by Marchment, with what seemed like no words, at the end of the game too.

Couldn't see it, but I feel like Manson was saying "I'll absolutely murder you if you take a step towards me" with his eyes.
Got into it with Wagner for no reason there, too.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
While at the game tonight, I picked up one of the Avs St Patrick's Day jerseys.
1000029513.jpg

1000029514.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah when I saw that horseshit EPSN broadcast, I said no f***ing way I'm listening to that shitty bitch commentator. Never again.

So I put the Avs radio broadcast on my laptop and turned the volume down on the TV.

Oh and bravo to ESPN -> I don't know about you guys but every 5 minutes or so, the feed goes apeshit with colors - something resembling an old Commodore-64 color scheme screen for 1 or 2 seconds... so congratulations on that EPSN, you f***ing amateurs.

My biggest problem with them is the repeating commercials when space isn't paid for or whatever the f***in reason is, but makes my eyes want to roll back into my head, I just start doing other shit and end up missing the first part of a period.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm a sucker for the scotch. My two favorite regions are the Ilse of Isay and the Isle of Skye, Skye for the beautiful balance of peat and smoke like in Talisker. You can almost taste a bit of the ocean as well or maybe that is just the brain providing that memory as I've been to their distillery and vividly remember it. I was also lucky enough to tour Laphroaig on the Isle of Islay. Laphroaig... holy crap the peat and especially the smoke is through the roof. I once got the impression of being downwind of an unruly campfire while enjoying a dram. I absolutely stone-cold LOVE this one.

As you know, scotch can be divisive. Even among those that have always liked or acquired the taste for it find Laphroaig to be... an experience. They used to have commercials of people trying it for the first time that were actually really funny. It's obvious that it is not for most people, but it's also funny to see how many folks would try to hide the fact they didn't enjoy it.

Scotch with a lot of Pete or whatever makes it like drinking chalk or wood chips, no thank you..

Scotch that is smooth, omg.. Do not buy again because the whole bottle was gone in the morning. Bourbon hurts and reminds you to be judicious with it at least.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2