GDT: Game 60: dallas @ COLORADO, February 27, 2024 (tonight's game edition)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He looked drunk last night but I agree overall I've been happy with him. Much better than last year.
Last season he was injured so much he was never able to get into a groove. Seems like that was the story of the season for the whole team though.

And it's starting to feel like it's a repeat this year. It just doesn't seem like they've been able to roll since the turn of the calendar to 2024...I think we're playing at a ~.500 pace since then. Lots of missing bodies though and no 2C will do that to you.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Last season he was injured so much he was never able to get into a groove. Seems like that was the story of the season for the whole team though.

And it's starting to feel like it's a repeat this year. It just doesn't seem like they've been able to roll since the turn of the calendar to 2024...I think we're playing at a ~.500 pace since then. Lots of missing bodies though and no 2C will do that to you.
This is the best he's played overall in 4-5+ years... not even just last year. There are still cracks, but his lows haven't been nearly as bad. Hopefully it holds as he's down the list of issues.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Chris Wagner last night:

1 assist
+2
5 hits
3 blocked shots
60% on faceoffs

Also noticed him as a menace on the forecheck; first to pucks and winning board battles.

Got our 4C?

View attachment 826623

I've been hoping he could find his way back to 4C since they added him. Love his simple physical game.

They didn't appreciate his game enough in his first stint IMO. They used to think all 4C's are easily replaceable, but then they'd never find one that would stick. You need to keep guys like that who play the role well, and come fairly cheap.

That said, I think his skating is just a tad slower than they'd prefer, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them target someone else. I'd be ok with him though.

I've found it interesting though, that Cogs immediately talked about hoping to form a good line with him, games before Olofsson was sent down, and Bednar talked about Freddy in the past tense.

Sounds like they've internally been planning on him at 4C since he came back from tearing his achilles , so maybe they don't add someone if the prices are high.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I've been hoping he could find his way back to 4C since they added him. Love his simple physical game.

They didn't appreciate his game enough in his first stint IMO. They used to think all 4C's are easily replaceable, but then they'd never find one that would stick. You need to keep guys like that who play the role well, and come fairly cheap.

That said, I think his skating is just a tad slower than they'd prefer, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them target someone else. I'd be ok with him though.

I've found it interesting though, that Cogs immediately talked about hoping to form a good line with him, games before Olofsson was sent down, and Bednar talked about Freddy in the past tense.

Sounds like they've internally been planning on him at 4C since he came back from tearing his achilles , so maybe they don't add someone if the prices are high.

Interesting tidbit. It was forever ago, but Cogliano-Wagner-Silfverberg was a common line for the 2017-2018 Ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad