GDT: Game 60 - CBJ vs NJD - 16 Feb, 6pm

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Korpisalo and Josh Anderson should be the next two back.
Anderson hasn’t even gone through a contact practice and won’t until his agent’s doctor clears him. I doubt he’ll be back soon and even then he may get traded based on that haul Coleman roughy in.

Last edited:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
That was disappointing.

On to the next one. Got to start getting 2 pts or we'll drop out of the playoffs.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Had to work today....but I've seen enough of the Devils to know if they can't beat them,
let's hope for a high draft pick.....cause the playoff hopes left when Jones went down

The Devils are f***ing pathetic....so what are we

Reactions: Nordique

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Is it me, or did we used to be pretty good in overtime? Now, it seems like we go out there just trying not to fall all over ourselves.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Is it me, or did we used to be pretty good in overtime? Now, it seems like we go out there just trying not to fall all over ourselves.
The operative here is used to, like when we had Bread playing as well as Jones on defense. This year has definitely been an issue, now especially with Jones out

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Had to work today....but I've seen enough of the Devils to know if they can't beat them,
let's hope for a high draft pick.....cause the playoff hopes left when Jones went down

The Devils are ****ing pathetic....so what are we
We are currently in the first wild card position. Playoffs are in play.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Oh yeah what’s the deal with starting Gavrikov in OT over Werenski? Imo, Gavrikov should be the third defenseman to get a shift in OT, behind Z and Nuti.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Our talent level in the OT reminds me of those animal shows were the lion is stalking some soon to be dead prey and the lion just pounces on it when the time is perfect. Whether it's Zach and Tampa or tonight on several occasions, our opponent knows we have little lateral quickness to elude anyone and our stick handling doesn't dazzle either. So we end up being mugged and the puck is stolen for breakaway shots.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Reality is that it is an AHL roster, that currently stands in the first wild card position. I don’t know how they are doing it, but is sure beats the alternative

The odds against this roster having an 18-2-5 run were probably in the 100-1 range. Maybe greater.

That they are in playoff contention is astounding.

Reactions: Fred Glover

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Folks, no need to exaggerate. We weren’t blown away in any of these games, they were all razor thin most going to OT. It just didn’t go our way this time, remember there was a stretch where we won games we had no business winning.

I think we’re still fine and still in the race, more injured guys will come back and we will fight even harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: cslebn

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Folks, no need to exaggerate. We weren’t blown away in any of these games, they were all razor thin most going to OT. It just didn’t go our way this time, remember there was a stretch where we won games we had no business winning.

I think we’re still fine and still in the race, more injured guys will come back and we will fight even harder.
I think the bigger issue is the clear lack of skill that shows up at 3-3 and shootouts. They look like a rec league team in OT every time.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
They probably want to contain the top opponent line and then get Zach on the ice?
Nope , it’s all about Torts sending a message about Zach turning over the puck in overtime loss a couple games back . He tells the media , we have to forget this game and move on, but he doesn’t coach that way . Yes , Zach had a bad turn over . He’s also your best chance to win, especially with Jones out . His overtime personnel , and shootout lineup was an absolute joke .

Reactions: EspenK

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Morning after:
1. Hasn't torts said in the past they don't practice 3v3/OT situations? Might want to rethink that strategy. I'll even offer a start: An explanation of which goal you're trying to score in vs. trying to defend.

2. Torts was very positive about Stenlund in his presser, including that he's a C not a winger. What is he seeing that some on this board aren't (serious question...I'm new here)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad