GDT: Game 60 - CBJ vs NJD - 16 Feb, 6pm

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nope , it’s all about Torts sending a message about Zach turning over the puck in overtime loss a couple games back . He tells the media , we have to forget this game and move on, but he doesn’t coach that way . Yes , Zach had a bad turn over . He’s also your best chance to win, especially with Jones out . His overtime personnel , and shootout lineup was an absolute joke .
I guess Zach being on the ice when the last 2 overtime game losing goals were scored means nothing. Thier shootout line up had them in position to win, but Elvis didn't stop the shot that would have won it. So yeah, its all on Torts. Good point. How many days til he's fired?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I guess Zach being on the ice when the last 2 overtime game losing goals were scored means nothing. Thier shootout line up had them in position to win, but Elvis didn't stop the shot that would have won it. So yeah, its all on Torts. Good point. How many days til he's fired?
Good lord dude , Elvis saves up till the 7th round and you blame him ?

Yes , you play your best players . Zach had a bad turn over 3 games ago and torts being torts , who gives interviews that we just need to forget it and move on , coaches the exact opposite way , and holds grudges . Overtime lineup with Jones out , should be Werenski , PLD and Bjork . We have guys falling down all over the place in overtime

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

Yes , you play your best players . Zach had a bad turn over 3 games ago and torts being torts , who gives interviews that we just need to forget it and move on , coaches the exact opposite way , and holds grudges . Overtime lineup with Jones out , should be Werenski , PLD and Bjork . We have guys falling down all over the place in overtime
No, I am not blaming Elvis, he played his ass off in OT and the shootout. I was pointing out that the shootout line up you called a joke had the game won had Elvis stopped that. He didn't, so they play on. All kinds of things happened to get to that point and to call the overtime and shootout line up a joke is not accurate. Ok, Werenski ,PLD, and Bjork sound like a good line, but they aren't going to play the whole 5 minutes, so other guys will play. Torts is using what he has, and once you get past those 3, there isn't a whole lot. Having Cam and Jones in adds another line of competent 3 on 3 players, but we don't have that option right now. We have to roll with what we have, so it is what it is. This team has to play an almost perfect game to win, and they have done an excellent job of it considering the circumstances. Look at how they have cut down on taking penalties. I think a few people on this board expect to much from this current roster. I am rooting for them to make the playoffs, that will probably be our version of winning the cup. It would be a miracle if this team can put together a long playoff run, but hey, it could happen. Also, you shouldn't take any coach interview at face value, what they tell their players in private can sometimes be the total opposite of what they say in the media.

Reactions: KCbus

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH

Well, of course Torts said the coach-speak about moving on. What's he supposed to say? "That turnover was bulls***, and if half the roster wasn't injured, I'd scratch him?"

Besides... it's not like New Jersey won the opening faceoff, and went down and scored in thirty seconds. It went to a shootout. Who cares who started? Hell, Werenski got to shoot IN the shootout.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad