Post-Game Talk: Game 6 vs CGY - 3 Stars

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yes, Kostin is banged up. They talked about it at the front of the game and during the pre-game show. They aren't going to keep bringing up why some 4th liner isn't in the lineup all game long.

SN doesn't bring it up at all. Did you not read the last sentence I wrote? I had to suffer through Greg Millen and SN for this and yesterday was TSN and not once do they ever talk about why any of the Wings are or aren't in the lineup.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
SN doesn't bring it up at all. Did you not read the last sentence I wrote? I had to suffer through Greg Millen and SN for this and yesterday was TSN and not once do they ever talk about why any of the Wings are or aren't in the lineup.
Who reads before replying? Weird, man...

Reactions: Oddbob

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Stars:
1. DeBrincat - I think that's pretty well undisputed. Cat Trick, Cat with a Hat, whatever you wanna call him, he was on fire today!
2. Larkin - Scored a goal, had a couple helpers, All in all, a nice night!
3. Holl - A trio of helpers and +4 for the guy everyone wanted us to believe was terrible. He might make a few mistakes (Who doesn't? We're all human, right?), but he's proving to be a decent addition to the blueline so far.

Overall, a dominant effort by the boys today! I really can't complain.
I think people are being way too harsh on Holl. He lead Toronto D-men in TOI, playing the most against the opposing team's top line than any other dmen on the team. He was a plus player in +/- and corsi (for you analytic nuts) for a very good team.

He still put up good underlying numbers with that assignment, but had some poor decision making moments and giveaway issues. So naturally he was made a scapegoat and hated by leaf fans.

Here, we have Mo, so he won't be tasked with the same load he had in Toronto and I honestly think he will fill the 2nd pairing veteran RHD role well for us.

Maybe he will be this generation's version of Larry Murphy a defenseman chased out of Toronto after the media and fans destroyed him, and Detroit saw something else and picked him up. Ended up a key piece of our team for 2 cup wins.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Spacegoat - 1 million percent listening to Greg Millen run down Reimer for the first 50 minutes of this game. Non stop barrage of negative comments about Reimer's rebound control and cheesy aroma goals and how the Flames just need to get shots on net as they will most likely go in. Talked about him like Reimer is some ECHL goalie just here because of injuries.

Spacegoat 2 - Not having the ability to select broadcast eventhough it is supposed to be just like NHL.tv., but added bonus of costing more!

One thing that bothers me is why Lalonde plays Seider so little. Just 19 minutes today and 20 yesterday. Gostibehere played 22.

Remember that they're playing with 7 D a lot of nights. Seider's 20 minutes was the most TOI of any defenseman against the Sens.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was thinking ice time management too, but other than one game he has played that low in most games this season, which is just odd to me. Holl and Chiarot had a good game tonight, but while neither has sucked this season, they also haven't been great either.

Also, is Kostin hurt, as Berggren is listed as emergency recall rather than just up with the team, which means someone is hurt. Fabbri was already out, so why is he recalled under emergency?

Yet another thing I hate about non Wing pbp, the non Wings one never talk about why so and so is in or out of the lineup.
Any time a team falls under 12 forwards, they can use an emergency recall. Burger doesn't have to go through waivers, so there's really no benefit in using the emergency rule, but no disadvantages either.

As long as the team is winning, I'm not gonna complain about ice time. Seider usually plays better later in the season and Chiarot usually gets worse, so it'll be adjusted as the season goes on. No need to wear out Seider with big minutes when the team is winning.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Only got to watch bits and pieces but I'll say
Debrincat
Larkin
Holl

Based on the obvious points.

Spacegoat - 1 million percent listening to Greg Millen run down Reimer for the first 50 minutes of this game. Non stop barrage of negative comments about Reimer's rebound control and cheesy aroma goals and how the Flames just need to get shots on net as they will most likely go in. Talked about him like Reimer is some ECHL goalie just here because of injuries.

Spacegoat 2 - Not having the ability to select broadcast eventhough it is supposed to be just like NHL.tv., but added bonus of costing more!

One thing that bothers me is why Lalonde plays Seider so little. Just 19 minutes today and 20 yesterday. Gostibehere played 22.
With ESPN+?

Not only can you definitely choose the broadcast it is half the price of NHL.tv - unless you're talking about something else.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Only got to watch bits and pieces but I'll say
Debrincat
Larkin
Holl

Based on the obvious points.

With ESPN+?

Not only can you definitely choose the broadcast it is half the price of NHL.tv - unless you're talking about something else.

SN+, was SNNow and it took over for NHL.tv in Canada when Rogers took it over. Since then no option to pick broadcast, you just basically either get network pbp or whoever the home team is. Not sure if Canadians can get ESPN+.

• Wow
Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
SN+, was SNNow and it took over for NHL.tv in Canada when Rogers took it over. Since then no option to pick broadcast, you just basically either get network pbp or whoever the home team is. Not sure if Canadians can get ESPN+.
Bummer man, that stinks. You def can't get espn+ unless you do some sort of not worth it workaround.

Reactions: Oddbob

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Whatever it is, they are my spacegoat for the game. Shitty commentators and shitty stream.

Also, Rainbow had a nice game, I think that second goal hit Seider's stick and knuckleballed.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Not much to complain about, I barely know what to post about anymore
Reminds me of a joke the Rabbi at my last job told me .

An old man looking down goes to his Rabbi for support. "What's got you down, Levi? Problems with your wife?" the Rabbi asks.

"I can't complain." says the old man.

"Alright, is it your children? I thought you said they were doing well with their families?"

"I can't complain." says the old man.

"Well then I don't understand. What's got you bothered?"

"I've told you, I can't complain!"

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I generally don't give financial advice but we all need to short Arby's stock because the Wings are putting them outta business with all the free curly fries this year!

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I think people are being way too harsh on Holl. He lead Toronto D-men in TOI, playing the most against the opposing team's top line than any other dmen on the team. He was a plus player in +/- and corsi (for you analytic nuts) for a very good team.
I still see some of our own fans in other places talk harshly about him. I kinda see him the same as you, although maybe it's a little too early in the year to project that sort of thing... but I do think Toronto was misusing him.

Was he bad in the playoffs? Sure. He had an entire summer to learn from those mistakes. Before throwing him under the bus, I think fans ought to find out what he's learned. So far, so good.

Reactions: cjeagle

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Cat 4
Larkin 3
Raymond 2
Holl 1

(I’ll continue to watch this for late additions but the gaps are fair to tally it up.)

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Star Total

12 Larkin (+3)
12 Debrincat (+4)

7 Husso
6 Veleno
4 Raymond (+2)
4 Reimer
3 Walman
3 Copp
1 Sprong