GDT: Game #6: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks | Ellie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Our downfall is our top d-mans sucked and 3rd d-mans are mediocre add there sloppiness and this is what we got.

Dmans suck on d-zone and o-zone blueline. Only Shattenkirk showed tonight one good d-zone move with blocking and PP goal but either way totally they have played badly. Slow on boards when getting puck, odd pass and terrible blueline.

I don't know if Pietro got flu but he was weak tonight also.

Until we have guys like Jackman, Cole and Leopold on playing roster you cannot expect more.

Cole was fine tonight. He works well with Shattenkirk.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
i knew it! We're losing tonight because...
|
(mark all generic complaints that apply)
allen isn't any better than elliott​
|
[ ]
stastny is injury prone​
|
[ ]
gunnarsson is a pansy​
|
[ ]
team is a bunch of fluzers​
|
[ ]
our special teams are (still) ****ing terrible​
|
[ ]
<insert player name here> can't hit the **** net​
|
[ ]
the lines combinations suck​
|
[ ]
hitchcock can't make adjustments​
|
[ ]
hitchcock has lost the team​
|
[ ]
hitchcock eats too **** much​
|
[ ]
pietrangelo forgot how to hockey​
|
[ ]
turnovers. Turnovers everywhere​
|
[ ]
ryan reaves didn't fight​
|
[ ]
steve ****ing ott did or did not do <something important>​
|
[ ]
cole is playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
lindbohm isn't playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
jackman​
|
[ ]
jackman (so bad i need to vote for him twice)​
|
[ ]​

zing!!!!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hah...just watched the PP goal against again... like normal...Petro standing around picking his nose.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
hockey hates us

If I could have a sig It would be your quote...

They are playing worse right now then they did in that final 6 game stretch from last year. This is absolutely pathetic, turnovers on top of turnovers, CANNOT put the puck in the net to save their souls.. It will be very interesting to see how they look when they are back to full health, no more flu, Stastny & Gunnar back. Because right now it's really hard to picture such a this group even at full strength being able to make a deep PO run. With the way the can go stagnate on offense, was enough upgrade really made? Also do we have the 20 most un-coachable players in all the NHL? I mean the FO fired the PP coach, brought a new one in, and they still look just as pathetic on the PP? They need to get healthy, get pretty much every aspect of their game in gear, and I guess we'll find out. A lot of our key/core players playing so badly, being out of sync & cold as ice does not inspire much confidence. We could be looking at the real possibility that quite a few of our key/core players might be having off/down years, after several career years from last season.

GrandPapillon*

The Reaves option shouldn't just be that he didn't fight. He once again failed to bring anything of value to the team. The Blues can't score. If only the Blues had a pure scorer in the AHL

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
meh. if Ryan Miller doesn't become a total sieve and this team gets to the Conference or SC final, it certainly is not. it's easy to call it awful now.

I didn't like it then, I don't like it now.
The only reason for Armstrong to make that trade was if he was taking advantage of the Sabres in a biblical fashion.
He did not and the Blues paid for it.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I knew it! We're losing tonight because...
|
(Mark all generic complaints that apply)
Allen isn't any better than Elliott​
|
[ ]
Stastny is injury prone​
|
[ ]
Gunnarsson is a pansy​
|
[ ]
Team is a bunch of fluzers​
|
[ ]
Our special teams are (still) ****ing terrible​
|
[ ]
<Insert player name here> can't hit the **** net​
|
[ ]
The lines combinations suck​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock can't make adjustments​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock has lost the team​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock eats too **** much​
|
[ ]
Pietrangelo forgot how to hockey​
|
[ ]
Turnovers. Turnovers everywhere​
|
[ ]
Ryan Reaves didn't fight​
|
[ X ]
Steve ****ing Ott did or did not do <something important>​
|
[ ]
Cole is playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
Lindbohm isn't playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
Jackman​
|
[ ]
Jackman (So bad I need to vote for him twice)​
|
[ ]​

Alright I have identified the problem

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
The Reaves option shouldn't just be that he didn't fight. He once again failed to bring anything of value to the team. The Blues can't score. If only the Blues had a pure scorer in the AHL

When he is ready, Cody Beach will be up here and be notching hatty after hatty, you make my words

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
so many of those shots are perimeter and not dangouers shots at all. these last few games have been pathetic. we walked over Arizona and that inflated our stats and our self worth. the moment the opposing team plays decent defense and breaks up our break-out offense and counter-attacks efficiently we fold like a cheap suit.

someone suggested that Hitch holds players accountable...I would like to know when and how. because this seems like a bunch of highly skilled players, playing individually and not supporting one another. Vancouver had a very good team offense and team defense and besides the Sedin line, the rest of the time is playing above their skill level because they are supporting one another.

we may have gotten more skilled this season but our "European style" team play this season is getting eaten alive by a North American style team play. in the NHL with the smaller ice surface hard work trumps lazy skilled play 9/10 times.

This team is trying to play a run and gun style and it is murdering them because the defending team simply clogs up the center of the ice and our perimeter game is popgun. it is easily countered by a collapsing defense with no big bodies crashing the net to score the dirty goal.

This is the current situation in a nutshell. The Blues need to play a more full-out 200 foot game, with more spirit, a more physical game, more responsible defence played by all, and more coordinated. Some of that will come from the new lines and defence pairings with more experience from more play together. But, they also need more confidence. I'm hoping that will come when they become completely healthy, and all players are back in the lineup, and they've played together for awhile, and enjoyed success for a while.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Are you insinuating that you expected Reaves to score?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

If you're talking about Rattie, I just have one question. Who exactly does he bump out? We aren't going to call him up to play on the fourth line.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
2dahlxc.gif

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
You Guru hockey guys tell me was Leopold play on that rush ok?
Did Jackman correct there when there was 1on3?

Leopold jumped up thinking (Completely flipping erroneously) that one of the forwards would take his place.

Jackman's positioning wasn't bad. Not perfect, but he managed to mitigate the passing options. That goal is really more on Allen than Jackman. He is supposed to ensure that the shooter can't score and not worry about the pass, no matter how tempting it is to try to play both sides.

GrandPapillon*

If you're talking about Rattie, I just have one question. Who exactly does he bump out? We aren't going to call him up to play on the fourth line.

Ott goes to 4th line where he belongs. Paajarvi goes back to the pressbox where he belongs.

It may not work at all, but they should try something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan