GDT: Game #6: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks | Ellie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Updated:

I knew it! We're losing tonight because...
|
(Mark all generic complaints that apply)
Allen isn't any better than Elliott​
|
[ ]
Stastny is injury prone​
|
[ ]
Gunnarsson is a pansy​
|
[ ]
Team is a bunch of fluzers​
|
[ ]
Our special teams are (still) ****ing terrible​
|
[ ]
<Insert player name here> can't hit the **** net​
|
[ ]
The lines combinations suck​
|
[ ]
Not enough buy-in​
|
[ ]
Not enough Sobotka​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock can't make adjustments​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock has lost the team​
|
[ ]
Hitchcock eats too **** much​
|
[ ]
Pietrangelo forgot how to hockey​
|
[ ]
Team forgot how to play worth a **** on the west coast​
|
[ ]
Turnovers. Turnovers everywhere​
|
[ ]
Ryan Reaves didn't fight​
|
[ ]
Steve ****ing Ott did or did not do <something important>​
|
[ ]
Cole is playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
Lindbohm isn't playing on the top pairing​
|
[ ]
Jackman​
|
[ ]
Jackman (So bad I need to vote for him twice)​
|
[ ]
Multimoodia (i.e. Cody Beach) wasn't funny enough​
|
[X]​
I think that's the correct one, although I couldn't find any mention of lack of Cody Beach.
Not that I'm surprised by such an oversight.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
You can weather the storm so early in the year but I think there is real concern regarding trends that started and have yet to stop.

1.Breakout scheme (if there is one): The transition game slowed considerably last season part way through, and through 6 games with what I've been led to believe are better puck movers in the line up, we can't make the first pass out or move through the neutral zone. Getting so hemmed in at our own blueline and below is embarrassing. They are totally reliant on the Dman to get the puck into the neutral zone. It's as if you never see a winger and a center come low in the one and break out with the D anymore....but this team "moves as a 5 man unit". Yeah...bull ****.

2.Perimeter play and the infamous cycle: This has to be, for most every line they throw out there (except when 17 and 91 are clicking a bit), the least dangerous cycle game I've seen around the league. They literally don't open up passing lanes in the offensive zone. They just work the puck to the corners and are usually forced to eat it along the wall. Tap it behind net, throw to the point, shinpad rocket, out of the zone, repeat. The center of the ice in the offensive zone continues to be completely foreign land to this team, another trend we all hold dear to our hearts.

3.PP Scheme: ****ing awful. Really, on the whole, it's painful. There is absolutely no reason not to set up like the Flyers and have a guy popping up and down the mid to high slot, sliding over for one timer towards the guy on the half wall with the puck. It relieves pressure from an aggressive PK and if the high forwards over commit to the point men, there is all sorts of room for that high attacking forward to receive a short pass and shoot (what a concept!) or dish to either side for a one timer.

4.Alex Pietrangelo: I will listen to all your reasoning about how he is a great 1 (no argument) and that he's been fine, but I'll continue in my thinking that his linear improvement has stalled and his decision making is worse than its ever been. He brings absolutely nothing to the table offensively anymore and hasn't been a threat to shoot or distribute much since 2012. I could care less about his point totals. They aren't indicative of his true impact in that zone, which is less than the numbers suggest in my opinion. Shattenkirk is demonstrably better at producing scoring chances as of now.

5.SOB Line: Hey....the season started. Would you...uh....mind?

And there is my baseless pot shotting for tonight. Coaching has been bad. Allen looked good but they did him no favors.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Does Hitch really go up to the players and tell them that they need more buy-in? How often has he done that? It's got to be awfully annoying working so hard to play his system and then hearing that as the reason for your loss.

I legitimately laughed out loud after reading this question :laugh: actually there has been numerous really funny posts on this page that had be lol'ing :help:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Any mention of their little "temper tantrum" after the 2011 finals? :sarcasm:

Oh, all sorts of shots about that, but I have to watch making too many allusions to that here.

Let's just say that one of my servers at my place of employment has a whole bunch of amusing images on it regarding that particular event and in the Vancouver office everyone who has messaged me about this...
And I mean everyone...
Will be getting a collage of those as their background images on their IP phones and their PCs when log in tomorrow morning.
At which point my phone will likely be turned off as I'll be in a meeting of some sort with someone.

Do not mess with domain/forest administrators. We win.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The boys should start playing poker for some team bonding, you'll get some real buy-in there.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Oh, all sorts of shots about that, but I have to watch making too many allusions to that here.

Let's just say that one of my servers at my place of employment has a whole bunch of amusing images on it regarding that particular event and in the Vancouver office everyone who has messaged me about this...
And I mean everyone...
Will be getting a collage of those as their background images on their IP phones and their PCs when log in tomorrow morning.
At which point my phone will likely be turned off as I'll be in a meeting of some sort with someone.

Do not mess with domain/forest administrators. We win.
You evil fiend you!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
JR confirmed Petro is sick....

I hope he didn't get his niece battling cancer sick then, talk about **** move if you know you're sick but germ all over a little girl on chemo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The boys should start playing poker for some team bonding, you'll get some real buy-in there.

So that reminds me of a story.
A disturbing one that I hope doesn't get too censored.

A number of years ago one of the teams I was with was required to do some sorta team building activity. Due to the vast difference in typical past-times, etc. the ideas were quite diverse from paintball, to a LAN party, to going to some sort of convention...thing.

The one that almost won out was a poker night.
(the eventual winner BTW was Karaoke because about a third of the crew was Chinese)

It didn't win because one of the staff members was insistent upon not playing for money and suggested clothes.
It was only guys on this team.

Yeah...awkward.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Cody Beach does not find puny moderator funny. Puny moderator should watch out, he wouldn't like Cody Beach when he's angry.

I've already burned my Spanish Inquisition joke for this half of the season, otherwise I'd be using it right here.
Unless you're trying to draw a parallel between Loki and Easton, in which case I can see it.

images

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
I don't mean to troll but where is Rattie? Rattie is a ******* killer, your team needs 20ccs of Rattie stat. I watched Rattie play the russkies once and it was a freaking massacre, how is Rattie not in the NHL right now.

That is all.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think in the long run it will be good for the Blues to lose some games early like this. It shatters any illusions about being an elite contender, and hopefully you see a team that starts out working opponents again. I really kinda don't care what seed, I just want to see them win in the postseason. But if they struggle a bit early, I think we will see a more dangerous team in the second half this season.

Sick players, no Gunnarson leaving awkward pairings, slow starters (I think we're back to that version of Backes), it just seems like too many excuses. If they lose enough, I think the team will buckle odeon and rediscover Blues hockey.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I think in the long run it will be good for the Blues to lose some games early like this. It shatters any illusions about being an elite contender, and hopefully you see a team that starts out working opponents again. I really kinda don't care what seed, I just want to see them win in the postseason. But if they struggle a bit early, I think we will see a more dangerous team in the second half this season.

Sick players, no Gunnarson leaving awkward pairings, slow starters (I think we're back to that version of Backes), it just seems like too many excuses. If they lose enough, I think the team will buckle odeon and rediscover Blues hockey.

This seemed to be what Backes thinks. He gave a decent interview at the end of the game on the Blue's site. Gotta get back to Blues hockey.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Berglund/Cole the biggest waste of space on this team......I understand the team as whole right now is not very good. However, the team is about the same even with Stastny this year. I feel we are missing a big body that the elite teams have....say a Carter(LA),Bickell(CHI),Lucic(BOS),Nash(NYR)....etc. Berglund could be this guy, however i dont think he will ever be. Love the rumors of Eberle and maybe Yakupov on the block if this is true Eberle for Berglund, Cole and a pick would be unreal for this team i feel.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
We don't need forwards we need better 3rd D's.

Our 4th line was great tonight. I don't give a *peep* if they dont' fight. They give hard hits and tonight there was many good energy shift on 4th line. I like how Lapierre also hit tonight.

What comes Bergy, I think he played very well also, maybe his best game this season.

Oshie, Backes were terrible. Only remember Backes when he fight with referee.

Tarasenko and maybe Lehterä were our best forwards and knowning Lehterä was sick couple days ago it was decent game these 2 guys.

only thing is if you watched from STL ill take this opinion into account but if you watch his play away from the puck hes terrible. He is a waste of talent

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't mean to troll but where is Rattie? Rattie is a ******* killer, your team needs 20ccs of Rattie stat. I watched Rattie play the russkies once and it was a freaking massacre, how is Rattie not in the NHL right now.

That is all.

He was absurdly underwhelming in training camp. Stuck to the perimeter, had a hard time finding soft areas in the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad