GDT: Game #6: St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks // The story of the curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
So how many 1st rounder do we have to give up now for Miller?

Just 2015, unless we re-sign him before the draft which would result in us giving up this year's first. If that happens, I will actually flip out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
miller deserves to be blamed but dont let the rest of this core group of chokers off the hook. 2nd year in a row the same core has done the same chokejob.

outside of tarasenko, name one player who stepped up on the team. thats why they lost.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Unbelievable that Sobotka is still not getting love. That guy was dominant. Shattenkirk and Jackman on the other hand had plenty of ****ups.

Berglund wraps up with a -7 and 0 points despite playing weak minutes. That third line needs to go. Let Miller walk too before you compound a bad decision. We've got plenty of money freeing up, let's put it into the right people.

BluesCanada

Apr 21, 2014
Can you guys believe how badly Miller played against the Kings last season? Man, what a bum. Then, again, can you believe how bad Miller was on our PP? Why is this guy on our team?!

Blaming Miller is the easy answer. It's also the stupid answer.

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
Can you guys believe how badly Miller played against the Kings last season? Man, what a bum. Then, again, can you believe how bad Miller was on our PP? Why is this guy on our team?!

The whole team sucked, nobody is putting all the blame on Miller.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

He's not the only reason, but he wasn't the difference maker he was made out to be. Not even close

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I don't blame Miller. I blame the GM who spent way too much on bring Miller in when he isn't a significant upgrade from what we had.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Let's hope the Chicago Wolves make a run in the playoffs and Allen, Jaskin, Edmundson, and Rattie get some good experience. Should be interesting to see what changes are made prior to next year. I was really disappointed with Polak and Berglund in this series. I like both players, but have a feeling they are overpaid for what they contribute and that the Blues can find lower cost options for those positions. It may come down to keeping either Sobie or Bergy. They need money for a top center. If they had been able to get Filpula instead of Roy, imagine how much better they could have been.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So how many 1st rounder do we have to give up now for Miller?

Just one, our 2015 1st. If we don't re-sign Miller, and don't trade his rights before the draft(which seems like the most likely scenario) we give up our 2015 1st, our 2016 3rd, Carrier, Halak, and Stewart for Miller and Ott. I still, even after seeing how it played out, don't hate the trade. Halak and Stewart are not difference makers. 2015 1st is by far the biggest loss, but that will likely be in the 20s, so it's not all that horrible. 3rd is a crap shoot and is 2 years away. Carrier is fairly redundant with our team and prospects. If we resign Miller after the draft, that 2016 3rd becomes a 2016 2nd, but I highly doubt that happens.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Miller shouldn't get all the blame by any means, but he wasn't part of the solution. I think what irks us most is that we overpayed for a goalie that didn't come as advertised.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Miller could have been better for sure, and his whiff in game 3 and that breakaway goal in this game were probably the single biggest factors in our series collapse, but let's face it, the offense choking lost us this one. I still say drop Miller though, maybe let Allen and Elliot do their thing next year. I think a fire sale is in order though.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Turn off your tv. Count to 10 slowly. It's gonna be ok. :nod:

Well the good news is, I have a hockey game at 7. Feel bad for the opposing team because I'm a massive pain in the ass to play against when I'm pissed off. Then I'm going to get incredibly intoxicated to drown my sorrows. Should be a good night.:D

BluesCanada

Apr 21, 2014
He's not the only reason, but he wasn't the difference maker he was made out to be. Not even close

This is what I don't understand. They made a pretty good point on CBC in saying that, when you have home ice advantage, you shouldn't have to rely on your goaltender to steal you a game. Just take care of business at home and the series is over. People are forgetting game 4 all too quick. The only reason that game wasn't 6-0 at the end of the first period was Miller - he gave us a chance to win that game. If we were better defensively in the last 3 minuteswe would've taken a lead back to Scottrade.

Miller wasn't our problem. Special teams, injuries and overall lack of offense was the problem.

TimtheDJ84*

Miller shouldn't get all the blame by any means, but he wasn't part of the solution. I think what irks us most is that we overpayed for a goalie that didn't come as advertised.

The Blues D started going south prior. They don't clear rebounds,clear the crease,or corral the puck properly. Yoibwatch other teams take the body and in the process btheyvget a stick on the puck,we do that and other teams still get the pass off. Petro was neutralized after game 3 and Polak completely ****ed up with his flop. Far too often Blues players held the puck too long or conversely threw it away too soon. The transition game looks great at times, then just horrendous. Get a 1st line Center and stop line juggling so often. We need to keep some grit, but lack the mix of speed. Our outlets are easily picked because they never change it up,constantly going down the boards and the forwards up the ice are so often incapable of grabbing it and going. It's broken

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
miller was brought in to be a difference maker and he was :naughty:

in all seriousness though, he underperformed for sure but so did everyone else not named tarasenko.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This is what I don't understand. They made a pretty good point on CBC in saying that, when you have home ice advantage, you shouldn't have to rely on your goaltender to steal you a game. Just take care of business at home and the series is over. People are forgetting game 4 all too quick. The only reason that game wasn't 6-0 at the end of the first period was Miller - he gave us a chance to win that game. If we were better defensively in the last 3 minuteswe would've taken a lead back to Scottrade.

Miller wasn't our problem. Special teams, injuries and overall lack of offense was the problem.

1 (very weak goal)

He averaged over 3 GAA in the playoffs. Miller was brought in here to make those saves, it's hard for any team to win a series having to score at least 4 goals a game.

TimtheDJ84*

miller was brought in to be a difference maker and he was :naughty:

in all seriousness though, he underperformed for sure but so did everyone else not named tarasenko.

Schwartz played well. He creates but I think as he goes on he will be better. He just needs to rip more shots at the net. The D was stagnant to say the least and you have to move,end of story. The powerplay WAS the difference. It just was. No way around that.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
And to think we could have had Vanek on our PP today for basically a 2nd rounder...

I think the injuries we had hurt us a lot more than people think. Chicago had some too, but their big players seemed to recover better.

It probably would have helped us quite a bit if we smashed Toews in the head in the first or second game too...

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
I feel bad for Tank. He seemed like the one guy who was emotionally involved and actually wanted to win this.

I couldn't care less about the rest. For all the great play we've seen out of Oshie, Sobotka, Steen, Pie, and Shatty... they haven't shown **** for it in the playoffs. Our bottom line guys showed the most will. This is a hard series to dissect. Maybe Chicago is just that good.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
And to think we could have had Vanek on our PP today for basically a 2nd rounder...

I think the injuries we had hurt us a lot more than people think. Chicago had some too, but their big players seemed to recover better.

It probably would have helped us quite a bit if we smashed Toews in the head in the first or second game too...

Hell, I would've taken Gaborik if we couldn't get Vanek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad