GDT: Game #6: St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks // The story of the curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Long ago someone believed that it would be wise to expand the reach of the NHL to the city of St. Louis. However before doing so this fool misspoke the holy words and angered the Hockey Gods.

So the gods placed a curse upon this team imbedding it within their very name. The Blues.

Many did not believe the curses existence when the Blues appeared in the Stanley Cups finals each of their first three seasons. Each time though their run was ended abruptly by way of a sweep.

Orr.jpg

The Blues have had mild success in the past including 24 straight post season of appearance. None though have produced another Cup final appearance. Then one fateful season the Blues were able to acquire some of the strongest talent all together on one team.
081213_bluesalltime.jpg

but then...

Then that off season the Blues chose an evil GM/Coach over the greatest player of all time. This evil Coach eventually drove off all Blues heroes and crushed any chance of claiming the holy grail.

With all their heroes gone the Blues fell into a dark depression of a long and bumpy rebuild. Just when it seems that the Blues were once again close to competing for Lord Stanley's cup the curse once again shows its ugly head.
BmIFSMkIQAAbCey.jpg

but... you know what I say....
**** THE CURSE!!! **** THE HOCKEY GODS!!!

We can do this. We can end this ******** curse but first the boys need some motivation.

Last edited:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Thank you this is a great GDT thread. I think even though most of us aren't very confident today you did a great job on this GDT thread. It fits our team well lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nice job on the GDT(sorry I had to be a buzz kill and take out a couple of the videos). I truly think we can win this game. First team to score has won all 5 games. This isn't a coincidence. We must score first. I'm predicting a dirty rebound goal by Reaves to start it off. C'mon boys! Let's see what you're made of!

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Nice job on the GDT(sorry I had to be a buzz kill and take out a couple of the videos). I truly think we can win this game. First team to score has won all 5 games. This isn't a coincidence. We must score first. I'm predicting a dirty rebound goal by Reaves to start it off. C'mon boys! Let's see what you're made of!

Yeah I was worried that a couple would get taken out. Oh well you all still get the gist of it

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
One way or another the Blues will prove something to us today. I'm feeling a W. 3-1 Blues. Our best players will come to play today.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Wow....what a great job! :handclap: And how appropriately framed from a historical perspective! Fact is, the life-long jaded Blues fan fully expects a loss today simply because it fits perfectly with the story line. We've become conditioned to accepting, albeit extremely reluctantly, disappointment over the years (47 of them to be exact).

Still, there always burns the glimmer of hope....hope that the curse can be broken (Bowman's curse, Salomon Brothers' curse, Keenan's curse, Yzerman's curse, Kypreos' curse). I've heard it called many things during my lifetime but, in the end, they're all the same....usually a competitive team, often a contender, but most certainly one who always fails to deliver in the playoffs. ALWAYS.

The Blues have a chance to change all that today. I will be hoping, rooting, praying and sometimes cursing that they do. If ever there was a time that Ryan Miller is going to prove his worth to this team, it's today. And, yes, we need to score first. Play our game and don't let the Hawks dictate the pace of the action. Eliminate their stretch passes behind our defenders. Be physical but don't take stupid penalties. Challenge their forwards at the blue line instead of backing up and screening our goaltender. Work the puck down low in the offensive zone. Score on the power play. Win the game. Please. LGB!!!

Kiwiknightz

Dec 21, 2011
Auckland, NZ
Monday morning here so got to work, inexplicably I was saving holidays for the later rounds :laugh: bit of wishful thinking there possibly. Anyway lets go Blues.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
As much as I hate to predict it, I feel a 1-2 loss today. The Blues playoff performance this year is mimicking last year's to an eerie precision.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Outstanding GDT, Blanick! :handclap:

Here's to breaking the curse, one game at a time! :yo:

(But if the ship goes down, this GDT is a hell of an awesome sendoff!)

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Awesome GDT.
I think (Okay, I am REALLY hoping) Tarasenko says I'll take it from here, and walks out of the building with 4 goals, 2 assists and more importantly, a W.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
awesome GDT! we can do this! and I'm just glad its an afternoon game because the night is dark and full of terrors.

Go Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad