Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6 | SENS VS RANGERS | Tuesday 7:30 PM @ MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Keep him in. His penalty was kind dumb to take, but the players responded to it. It energized the crowd and the team. I don't mind the short bench with the quality of forwards we have. Dzingel was doing alright but wasn't setting the world on fire.

Ideally, Glass tries to match Neil's aggressiveness in an elimination game and has a meltdown or Neil gets him to take a dumb penalty. If Glass comes out, Neil can too. Boucher made a good adjustment that the late 90's Senators never would have.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Really hoping Ottawa wins it in NY #1 so they get rest but mostly because I am sick of this team getting no credit from anyone. Our own fanbase barely belives in the team and it's sad.

We are 1 win from a Conference finals and most of the fans don't like the direction of the team. I honestly think 75% of this fan base only cheers for the prospect pool and draft picks then they do for the guys on the ice in Ottawa. Ottawa fans are stuck in a permanent state of "where's the next Hossa and Redden" then they are about enjoying what's in front of their eyes.

This Sens team would best the Sens team that went to the finals - because that team played in a soft NHL and couldn't answer the bell when the big boys came to town. This team answers every bell and the spirit of the team is incredible.

Many said they have a very small chance vs Boston they won it in 6 games then those same said Ottawa will be gone in 4 and won't score vs New York.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Really weird to hear people and radio personalities say Neil was essentially the reason we won game 5. Why are people so willing to disconnect themselves from reality in 2017? Present someone with a fact and its FAKE NEWS or biased. I was all for Neil playing that game and I was stoked to see Glass get his face punched but at the end of the day Neil played 3 minutes and negated a PP. That's all he did. To overstate his performance is a massive discredit to the guys who actually did have to battle in that game and put points on the board. He should definitely not play in an elimatuon game where the shenanigans will be non existent and Boucher doesn't have the luxury of last change.

Because it makes for a good story. People like Neil. People want him to be the reason the Sens won. You'll sell more papers by telling people what they want to hear.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Interesting - Ottawa had possession of the puck 68% of the time when Karlsson was on the ice. That is quite the swing.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Interesting - Ottawa had possession of the puck 68% of the time when Karlsson was on the ice. That is quite the swing.

Especially when half of the the other 32% is probably the Rangers just dumping it in for him to retrieve.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Make it through the first period 0-0, and as the game grinds on the pressure gets heaped on to the rangers. I see a 2-1 Ottawa win. Please.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I hope Andy has his biggest game of the playoffs tomorrow. 17 goals against in the last 4 games? That's disgusting

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but it seemed to me that Glass was gooning it up again -- falling on EK deliberately, hitting Phaneuf before the puck go there -- and he cut that out after Neil jumped him. Am I wrong?

That's interesting. You might be right.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Keep him in. His penalty was kind dumb to take, but the players responded to it. It energized the crowd and the team. I don't mind the short bench with the quality of forwards we have. Dzingel was doing alright but wasn't setting the world on fire.

Ideally, Glass tries to match Neil's aggressiveness in an elimination game and has a meltdown or Neil gets him to take a dumb penalty. If Glass comes out, Neil can too. Boucher made a good adjustment that the late 90's Senators never would have.

While I agree with most of your post I completely disagree that the penalty was dumb, in fact, I would argue the exact opposite that the penalty was exactly what the team needed to motivate them. Who gives a crap that they lost the PP, there PP sucks anyway, he probably did them a favour not giving them a PP given they were scored twice against in one PP the last game. They do better 5 on 5 than they do on the PP & lots of times it kills their momentum. What they needed was motivation not a PP & that is exactly what Neil gave his team, gave the crowd & gave all Sens fans everywhere & it made all the difference for his teammates to come back with a win. Do you think Phaneuf thought it was a bad penalty? He deserves all the credit he gets.

Really weird to hear people and radio personalities say Neil was essentially the reason we won game 5. Why are people so willing to disconnect themselves from reality in 2017? Present someone with a fact and its FAKE NEWS or biased. I was all for Neil playing that game and I was stoked to see Glass get his face punched but at the end of the day Neil played 3 minutes and negated a PP. That's all he did. To overstate his performance is a massive discredit to the guys who actually did have to battle in that game and put points on the board. He should definitely not play in an elimination game where the shenanigans will be non existent and Boucher doesn't have the luxury of last change.

Really weird to read what you wrote here. Why are you so willing to disconnect yourself from the reality that Neil brought so much emotion to the game & gave his teammates a huge boost of courage. You can't measure it with Corsi, it doesn't show up on the game sheet but it's clearly obvious from everyone of his teammates, the coaching staff, the media & the fans & there was nothing fake about it.

People on here continuously ***** about how Ottawa crowds are so quiet & don't cheer & don't sellout & here we have a moment where the crowd went nuts when Neil stepped on the ice, how could anyone ignore that? They were pumped, the players got pumped, all Sens fans watching got pumped & they played so much better afterwards, you can't deny that. Are you unaware of emotions in games & confidence? It's absolutely not a discredit to the players on the ice & in fact, I would argue they responded to the sacrifice Neil made for them, it picked them UP. You could look at things through any lens & some people take it negatively & some take it positively, I take your comments as a glass half empty. The response by the team & the fans says it all to me & Neil had a huge part in that IMO. It's not fake news, your comments could be taken as blind ignorance. Comments like yours ... are best left un-said, it just puts a damper on a game where one would think every Sen fan should be happy about. :shakehead

I think the post game comments from a number of Senators, including Turris, demonstrate the impact he had on the game. Certainly to fans looking only at the box score his impact does not seem as pronounced. But I for one choose to take the accolades his coach and team mates showered him with at face value and believe that Chris Neil had a significant impact on Saturday's game.

:handclap:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Can't win your team a game by playing two minutes and taking a penalty. King Karlsson won us that game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching how the Oilers and Caps played in elimination games, Anderson will have to be at the top of his game in the 1st period.

Rangers are going to come out flying and the Sens will have to find a way to weather the storm.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
So there are two camps at present:

Camp 1 - Ice the same team we just won with.

Camp 2 - Pull Neil and ice basically the same lineup that won 2 at home and then lost 2 @ NY.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Neil plays and starts, AV has to start Glass and Glass has to answer the bell.
It's stupid, but he's been a massive thorn and has been able to run around too much.

If Glass sits, neiler will take the odd shift but the bench will be shortened and that's fine.
They've dabbled with 7 D all season, this is no different.

Rangers have last change. AV can keep Glass away form Neil if he so chooses.

That makes a huge difference.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The Central Park Rangers won't be able to hit as late and interfere as much this game. Keep the puck moving, stay on the right side of the puck, play a good road game. We win 1-0.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The Central Park Rangers won't be able to hit as late and interfere as much this game. Keep the puck moving, stay on the right side of the puck, play a good road game. We win 1-0.

What makes you say that?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What makes you say that?

I feel like the Neil response to Glass has drawn attention to late-hitting, obstruction, and holding, and the referees will call to a different standard, less permissive.

Notice I said I "feel" that way, and have no critical thought to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad