Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6 | SENS VS RANGERS | Tuesday 7:30 PM @ MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
I voted yes to have Neil in.

If only the Sens could score first for a change. NYR have always started their games stronger than the Sens so far.

It won't be easy... again

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but it seemed to me that Glass was gooning it up again -- falling on EK deliberately, hitting Phaneuf before the puck go there -- and he cut that out after Neil jumped him. Am I wrong?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I voted yes to have Neil in.

If only the Sens could score first for a change. NYR have always started their games stronger than the Sens so far.

It won't be easy... again

Ottawa plays better being the hunter.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but it seemed to me that Glass was gooning it up again -- falling on EK deliberately, hitting Phaneuf before the puck go there -- and he cut that out after Neil jumped him. Am I wrong?

Your 100% correct.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Absolutely need to play Neil in next game. I couldn't even recognize the team, most physical game of the playoffs. Turris with 7 hits??? This has nothing to do with Neil's game and everything to do with how the other players play when he's on the bench.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Sens had a 3-2 series lead against the Rangers in 2012 coming home after a 2-0 shutout against a NY in NY. They won games 6 and 7. This series is far from over. I am curious to see how this Rangers team plays if we score first, maybe we can break their will by scoring first after they gave up the game last game. I'm also curious what the **** our team can do if we somehow sacrifice Dzingel to the hockey gods and get that ancient, almost unbeleivable, two goal lead that I hear about

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Absolutely need to play Neil in next game. I couldn't even recognize the team, most physical game of the playoffs. Turris with 7 hits??? This has nothing to do with Neil's game and everything to do with how the other players play when he's on the bench.

I don't think we need Neil anymore, esp if they take out Glass. I'd put in Wingels now. Neil was just there to boost confidence.

But **** it let him play if he wants too.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Sens had a 3-2 series lead against the Rangers in 2012 coming home after a 2-0 shutout against a NY in NY. They won games 6 and 7. This series is far from over. I am curious to see how this Rangers team plays if we score first, maybe we can break their will by scoring first after they gave up the game last game. I'm also curious what the **** our team can do if we somehow sacrifice Dzingel to the hockey gods and get that ancient, almost unbeleivable, two goal lead that I hear about

It will be interesting to see how fast the fans turn on the Rangers.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really weird to hear people and radio personalities say Neil was essentially the reason we won game 5. Why are people so willing to disconnect themselves from reality in 2017? Present someone with a fact and its FAKE NEWS or biased. I was all for Neil playing that game and I was stoked to see Glass get his face punched but at the end of the day Neil played 3 minutes and negated a PP. That's all he did. To overstate his performance is a massive discredit to the guys who actually did have to battle in that game and put points on the board. He should definitely not play in an elimatuon game where the shenanigans will be non existent and Boucher doesn't have the luxury of last change.

His performance was nothing special, but there are secondary effects that certainly have an impact.

Clearly in games 3 and 4 the team was not sharp mentally, and looked as though they were being taken advantage of physically. Game 5, they seemed far more confident. Does Neil going after Glass potentially help the team feel like somebody has their back, and are thus not worried about the opposition? A confidence boost goes a long way.

Neil in the lineup for his [looks up stats jesus... 2:26??? what the heck???] 2 mins and a half meant skilled guys were double shifted in the bottom line; basically, his inclusion made the ~10 mins that our 4 line usually plays more effective for 8 of the 10 mins.

Any-who, I'd rather Neil play 2 and a half freaking mins (still can't believe that's all he got) than Kelly back in the lineup, but if we are taking Neil out, I'd put Wingels back in because at least he's strong on the forecheck. Neil isn't why we won, but having him in the lineup may have helped create the conditions needed for the team to play well enough to win.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
His performance was nothing special, but there are secondary effects that certainly have an impact.

Clearly in games 3 and 4 the team was not sharp mentally, and looked as though they were being taken advantage of physically. Game 5, they seemed far more confident. Does Neil going after Glass potentially help the team feel like somebody has their back, and are thus not worried about the opposition? A confidence boost goes a long way.

Neil in the lineup for his [looks up stats jesus... 2:26??? what the heck???] 2 mins and a half meant skilled guys were double shifted in the bottom line; basically, his inclusion made the ~10 mins that our 4 line usually plays more effective for 8 of the 10 mins.

Any-who, I'd rather Neil play 2 and a half freaking mins (still can't believe that's all he got) than Kelly back in the lineup, but if we are taking Neil out, I'd put Wingels back in because at least he's strong on the forecheck. Neil isn't why we won, but having him in the lineup may have helped create the conditions needed for the team to play well enough to win.

been our best forechecker too. I would take Neil out since Glass may be nullified now, he's had his Cinderella moment and now its past midnight.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Andy hasn't had a Andy style game in a long time. NYR have scored, 5, 4, 4, 4 int he last 4 games and we will make it super hard to win the series if they score 8-9 goals in the next 2 games.

With the pressure on NY and our style of trap it'll be a really tough game for NY to play. Lunqvist will have his best game of the season in game 6, Andy will have his.

Sens win 4-2 with an empty netter. Neil scores the opening goal.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Just listened to NHL radio again... not sure why I do.

Dumbo, Steve Kouleas "not sure why the Rangers have kept Ottawa in this... they should have finshed them off in 4"

I hope we win in NYC!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The predominant debates going into this game are whether we should start Craig Anderson after his inconsistent play and whether Chris Neil should figure into the lineup.

If Boucher was smart he'd just kill two birds with one stone by starting Chris Neil in goal.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Just win. Please, for the love of god just win. All will be forgiven if you win. Don't care about the score, don't care if it's pretty or ugly, don't care if it's defense or offense that wins it. Just win. Please.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Andy has had an up and down series, saving goals he shouldn't have but allowing goals he should be saving. Just need one steal here, hoping he goes god mode.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
Neil plays and starts, AV has to start Glass and Glass has to answer the bell.
It's stupid, but he's been a massive thorn and has been able to run around too much.

If Glass sits, neiler will take the odd shift but the bench will be shortened and that's fine.
They've dabbled with 7 D all season, this is no different.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
It's stupid, but he's been a massive thorn and has been able to run around too much.

If Glass sits, neiler will take the odd shift but the bench will be shortened and that's fine.

Glass is one probleem. Kreider can injure Anderson any time he wants. If things start to go south for them, you need Neil in lineup.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
All the Sens really need this game is the score first and for Andy to post a sub 4.00 GAA. They haven't done either (save the 1 GA in Game 1) in 5 games. NYR haven't really had to feel the pressure yet. It's truly amazing they are leading the series.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All we need to do is hope that our luck holds because that's the only way we make saves, score goals, pass the puck, skate, etc.

Gotta love the narrative coming from the Rangers fans.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Really hoping Ottawa wins it in NY #1 so they get rest but mostly because I am sick of this team getting no credit from anyone. Our own fanbase barely belives in the team and it's sad.

We are 1 win from a Conference finals and most of the fans don't like the direction of the team. I honestly think 75% of this fan base only cheers for the prospect pool and draft picks then they do for the guys on the ice in Ottawa. Ottawa fans are stuck in a permanent state of "where's the next Hossa and Redden" then they are about enjoying what's in front of their eyes.

This Sens team would best the Sens team that went to the finals - because that team played in a soft NHL and couldn't answer the bell when the big boys came to town. This team answers every bell and the spirit of the team is incredible.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Rangers submit their game list after Ottawa, so they know if Neil is dressed or not. If he is not, Glass will I suspect. It was the opposite with games in Ottawa. I expect Neil will dress.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I would keep Andy in nets. I would keep Neil in the lineup. The Rangers know that if he's on the bench that this may be his last hurrah and he will want to go out in a blaze of glory. They know he'd love to speed-bag anyone dumb enough to try to goon up one of the Sens star players. Neil has a lot of pride and he can skate. He won't hurt the team and he will take care of any 'business' that needs to be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad