Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6 | SENS VS RANGERS | Tuesday 7:30 PM @ MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
679765842_slide.jpg

So apparently it's too complicated to schedule a game time two days before it begins, but it's a safe bet it'll be between 7 and 7:30. EDIT: It'll be at 7:30.

Will Boucher dress Neil again? Will he go with Anderson despite the inconsistency? How much will the extra day off + practice improve our overall play?

Discuss.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'd leave NEIL in simple because the coach doesn't like to make changes when they win!

That's a poor argument, and honestly one of many coaches' biggest weakness in that they refuse to make changes after wins despite there being issues. I'd much rather dress Dzingel or Wingels and get some quality minutes from them. Neil only serves one purpose, and if Glass doesn't do anything stupid, it becomes pointless, especially at MSG with last change.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Your underestimating what NEIL did for this team, with his very limited presence, (and that was a home game). NEIL would not be star struck in Madison Gardens.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Your underestimating what NEIL did for this team, with his very limited presence, (and that was a home game). NEIL would not be star struck in Madison Gardens.

I'm not underestimating what he did in game 5. It was perfectly valid at that point in the series. It turned the tides a bit and gave us that extra boost we needed to win.

Now we move on, dress a guy who can skate, and try to improve our overall play which has been mediocre since game 1. That's the real issue here, imo.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
You risk losing game 6 in NY, knowing we don't win there? Not just not win, but get beaten badly. This is where NEIL is needed most.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
You risk losing game 6 in NY, knowing we don't win there? Not just not win, but get beaten badly. This is where NEIL is needed most.

I agree to an extent but for example if Glass is scratched for Buch, I'd put in Dzingle/Wingels for the speed.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I agree to an extent but for example if Glass is scratched for Buch, I'd put in Dzingle/Wingels for the speed.
Agreed. Only problem is even with those guys in the lineup, we play horrible in NY.

Who here thinks the SENS gonna be the better team tomorrow.

Gonna be a nail bitter......

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's a poor argument, and honestly one of many coaches' biggest weakness in that they refuse to make changes after wins despite there being issues. I'd much rather dress Dzingel or Wingels and get some quality minutes from them. Neil only serves one purpose, and if Glass doesn't do anything stupid, it becomes pointless, especially at MSG with last change.

Well, from what I understand or read in the paper Wingels is hurt & Dzingel had one shot on net in two games so I'm not sure they can make a bigger difference in a series & in this series than the difference Neil made being in the lineup on Saturday. I like both those guys but in MSG the way the NYR play there, Ottawa has to have a deterrent in the lineup who can change the momentum at any time in a game with a big hit or fight if necessary. In the two games in NY Ottawa looked timid & almost scared & basically got run out of the building by Glass & company.

Neil is the kind of player who can stand up to that & cause them to keep there heads up. NOBODY else on Ottawa's team can do that with the exception of Boro who is hurt. They may not win in NY with Neil in the lineup playing a few minutes but at the same time they may not get run out of the building either which might be just as important a statement to make. It's the last game of this series where you might want to sit Neil at home when you have your crowd behind you & they should be pumped to play & put together a scoring lineup.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I'm not underestimating what he did in game 5. It was perfectly valid at that point in the series. It turned the tides a bit and gave us that extra boost we needed to win.

Now we move on, dress a guy who can skate, and try to improve our overall play which has been mediocre since game 1. That's the real issue here, imo.

Great home rink emotional boost, Boucher will have to guage the temp of the team to see if it is needed, or if it would be the same going back to the well a 2nd game in a row.

If Wingels is hurt and Dzingle is showing rookitis, the question is are the Sens basically going to be playing 1 forward short so Neil for a few minutes a game won't matter. With the last change and limited minutes, it isn't an easy call. Trust in Boucher and Crawford here.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great home rink emotional boost, Boucher will have to guage the temp of the team to see if it is needed, or if it would be the same going back to the well a 2nd game in a row.

If Wingels is hurt and Dzingle is showing rookitis, the question is are the Sens basically going to be playing 1 forward short so Neil for a few minutes a game won't matter. With the last change and limited minutes, it isn't an easy call. Trust in Boucher and Crawford here.

Let's not forget that with Neil sitting in the box for 10 minutes GB was able to mix & match his 4th line with other players. Stone got his goal playing with Smith & Pyatt I believe. It's almost an argument for the better players getting more ice time & rolling three lines more so than four lines.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Agreed. Only problem is even with those guys in the lineup, we play horrible in NY.

Who here thinks the SENS gonna be the better team tomorrow.

Gonna be a nail bitter......

Well, from what I understand or read in the paper Wingels is hurt & Dzingel had one shot on net in two games so I'm not sure they can make a bigger difference in a series & in this series than the difference Neil made being in the lineup on Saturday. I like both those guys but in MSG the way the NYR play there, Ottawa has to have a deterrent in the lineup who can change the momentum at any time in a game with a big hit or fight if necessary. In the two games in NY Ottawa looked timid & almost scared & basically got run out of the building by Glass & company.

I think we agree that team toughness is necessary for success, especially when the other team is gooning it up with after the play curriculars, but if Glass is sat, we don't need Neil as a deterrent. We played like crap at MSG the past two games without Neil because we let them push us around. Last game showed from EK, Turris that our small skill guys can get nasty too. Having Dzingle (or Wingels if healthy) lets us not get caught on an icing with Neil.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
I think we agree that team toughness is necessary for success, especially when the other team is gooning it up with after the play curriculars, but if Glass is sat, we don't need Neil as a deterrent. We played like crap at MSG the past two games without Neil because we let them push us around. Last game showed from EK, Turris that our small skill guys can get nasty too. Having Dzingle (or Wingels if healthy) lets us not get caught on an icing with Neil.

The only reason they push back is cause neil was there

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I think we play Neil next game.

In both games in MSG the rags have played us hard. As we've seen, even just a few minutes of Neil can work some magic on the psychology of the game.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
My phone app says the game is at 12:00 pm, but obviously that's nuts. I get both arguments for Neil but my guess is that he plays in game 6.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Not only do I leave him in, I start him with Smith and Stalberg and the express expectation that they lay the body to any Ranger even thinking about touching the puck or getting hands-y with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad