GDT: Game #6|Sat., Oct. 12 2013|Flyers at Red Wings |7:00 p.m. ET ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What I mean is if there is a change, gm's like to start putting their own touch on the roster. If snider is determined to make the playoffs and compete, hextall would start targeting players he likes. So all the Los Angeles kings!

I wonder what specifically he would change. If I had to pick something I think I'd definitely look for a legitimate sniper to play with G. He needs someone who isn't afraid to shoot and can actually hit the net when he does.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
So apparently Gus is in and Mez is out.

Mez didn't have a poor game yesterday, so maybe this was the plan all along, but it would have been more reasonable to dress Gus in a home game where you can shelter him on line changes. He hasn't played in a while, so I'd want to protect him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Mez didn't have a poor game yesterday, so maybe this was the plan all along, but it would have been more reasonable to dress Gus in a home game where you can shelter him on line changes. He hasn't played in a while, so I'd want to protect him.

Maybe he was getting a lot of playing time so they could show he was healthy for a trade and now he's sitting because they have one in place and don't want him hurt?

Not likely, but I can dream.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Maybe he was getting a lot of playing time so they could show he was healthy for a trade and now he's sitting because they have one in place and don't want him hurt?

Not likely, but I can dream.

I would run around the room like an aeroplane for a while if this transpires and the Flyers don't have to take too much cap back... if they could somehow get a 3LW for him I would be ecstatic.

I hear Sean Bergenheim is almost back from injury... shame they don't have a gap on D/ any need for Mez that we could do an injured player for injured player trade.

Our team would look so much better with a good 3LW.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Newbury could be replacing Rosehill, too.

Other lines: Talbot-Couturier-Read, Rinaldo-Newbury-Hall

Last edited:

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I would run around the room like an aeroplane for a while if this transpires and the Flyers don't have to take too much cap back... if they could somehow get a 3LW for him I would be ecstatic.

I hear Sean Bergenheim is almost back from injury... shame they don't have a gap on D/ any need for Mez that we could do an injured player for injured player trade.

Our team would look so much better with a good 3LW.

I don't think a 3LW matters if the top dogs aren't scoring.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

100% disagreed. Mez was easily exploited by phoenix. They purposing chosen his side when out there.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Eklund saying the wheels are in motion for the flyers being that this is a big game with EDM closing in on a D-man with us being in the mix. Could this be why Mez is scratched? Or are they showing off Gus for the oilers?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Eklund saying the wheels are in motion for the flyers being that this is a big game with EDM closing in on a D-man with us being in the mix. Could this be why Mez is scratched? Or are they showing off Gus for the oilers?

Could be interesting... they have always been high on Coburn though apparently, I wonder who would be coming back in the different scenarios (ie Coburn, Mez, Gus.)

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Hey folks, how does Streit look so far? Hopefully he is doing well.

I like his puck moving ability and his ability to read the play defensively. At times he has trouble with stronger forwards. He's been solid.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters:
  • Emery
  • Grossmann
  • Coburn
  • McGinn
  • Giroux
  • Voracek

Healthy scratches:
  • Gill
  • Rosehill
  • Meszaros

Referees:
  • Marc Joannette
  • Kyle Rehman

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
ok lads. lets just fire rubber at the net tonite huh ???

less fancy pass' and just let the disc fly..

good things might happen.

EDIT: ps gunna try something new tonite..gunna wear my Flyers cap instead of my jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad