GDT: Game 6: Sabres vs Golden Knights - 10/16 10pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
They did it during the preason and both looked fine. Sheary - Eichel and Skinner - Reinhart should be the anchors for two lines.
But Reinhart isn't an anchor. He's perfect with Jack.

Edit. I'm willing to wait quite a while for Mitts to become Skinner's BFF.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Edit. I'm willing to wait quite a while for Mitts to become Skinner's BFF.

He doesn't need to be, he just needs to be good with Skinner, which he was in the preseason.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Does anyone else feel like it’s a waste to have Rodrigues on the fourth line? Would love him on Mitts line instead of Okposo. I think he would feast with that kind of usage. Meanwhile I don’t think he fourth line’s results would be much different with Sobotka or Girgensons centering. Rodrigues has only gotten 2 o-zone shifts in the last 3 games.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone else feel like it’s a waste to have Rodrigues on the fourth line? Would love him on Mitts line instead of Okposo. I think he would feast with that kind of usage. Meanwhile I don’t think he fourth line’s results would be much different with Sobotka or Girgensons centering. Rodrigues has only gotten 2 o-zone shifts in the last 3 games.
The super obvious move is to put Rodrigues with Mittlestadt and make Sobotka the 4th line center. But Housley

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow. God bless you guys that can watch it live. Kids+job+sick=NO WEST COAST GAMES!
DVR is your friend.

Or be like my old ass. Hockey or not, I usually fall asleep around 9-9:30 every night anyway, then wake up an hour or so later with my second wind. Perfect way to watch a west coast game.

Don't forget Bogosian begins iron man streak
You've been in rare form of late.

Reactions: Fearnot

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
DVR is your friend.
I get NHL tv, so it's always essentially DVR'd on demand.

Or be like my old ass. Hockey or not, I usually fall asleep around 9-9:30 every night anyway, then wake up an hour or so later with my second wind. Perfect way to watch a west coast game.
That just seems impossible with the 1 year old going to bed at 8, and the 5 year old going to bed at 9. Not to mention that the 5 year old has an hour of homework every night...as a f'n kindergartener, which is it's own thread.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am actually excited for Bogo in the lineup. Him over Nelson is a major upgrade. Hate on his durability but if Bogo is on your 3rd pairing then you have a somewhat solid defense. Thanks to Dahlin.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am actually excited for Bogo in the lineup. Him over Nelson is a major upgrade. Hate on his durability but if Bogo is on your 3rd pairing then you have a somewhat solid defense. Thanks to Dahlin.

I think the two major complaints on Bogo are his lack of durability and that even when he is in the lineup, he isn't on the level of a lot of guys that carry that kind of a cap hit.

And any rational "Bogo hater" has to admit that he is an upgrade over Nelson right now.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I think the two major complaints on Bogo are his lack of durability and that even when he is in the lineup, he isn't on the level of a lot of guys that carry that kind of a cap hit.

And any rational "Bogo hater" has to admit that he is an upgrade over Nelson right now.

Absolutely he is overpaid by a few mil. And is less durable then Chris Tanev but getting him on the ice and taking Nelson off it is such a net positive move it will make a real big difference. Nelson had several hand grenade moments.

Reactions: Jim Bob

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I get NHL tv, so it's always essentially DVR'd on demand.

That just seems impossible with the 1 year old going to bed at 8, and the 5 year old going to bed at 9. Not to mention that the 5 year old has an hour of homework every night...as a f'n kindergartener, which is it's own thread.
Yeah, hockey definitely taking a back seat to that stuff.

And that kindergarten stuff needs it's own thread. Homework? Is it full-day kindergarten or half-day? For full-day kindergarten, the homework should be done "in class" and the at-home homework should consist of getting a full night of sleep, and some reading for pleasure.

I remember kindergarten was half-day for me (my son did full day), but that may have been because the ordinal grades were 3 classrooms each, and there were only 2 kindergarten rooms, so it may have been a space issue forcing the half-day???
I can't remember anyone going to only-afternoon kindergarten, though.

When my son was 4 1/2 yo, the Sabres played the Senators in the '06 playoffs. We'd watch the games together. My son fell asleep on the couch before the Game 5 overtime. When Pominville scored short handed on Emery, going around Alfredsson, I yelled so loud (just once) that it woke him up, and then he was happy. Hopefully you'll have memories like that with your kids before they grow too big.

Reactions: truthbluth

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Except if he is out of shape. He looked terrible in preseason despite the claims of a new training regimen. I thought his lack of conditioning might have lead to his injury. A slow out of shape Bogo will get taken to the cleaners by VGK.

Reactions: EichHart

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Don't forget Bogosian begins iron man streak
Why do i have a feeling that Bogo will become a quality meme in near future? :laugh:
Futurama-0dayssincelastaccident.jpg

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Why is this myth still around? Reinhart can drive play just fine, I can tell you taking Reinhart away from Eichel won't make Reinhart worse.

Eichel and Sheary are fine and Reinhart will still be on the PP with them.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Really wish they'd put Reinhart with Skinner. As it stands we have one good line and nothing else unless Skinner does everything on his own.

But Skinner DOES do stuff on his own. That's kind of his thing. Plus, Jack and Sam are great together. Besides, maybe playing with a skill player like Skinner helps gets Mitts going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad