GDT: Game 6: Predators @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Until we get a couple true shooters I've always felt jumbling lines up is mostly a deck chairs on the titanic situation (bit over dramatic but you get the idea)
Just too many pass first guys. I mean it's better now than it was, I'd rather have a lot of skilled pass first guys than no skilled guys in any sense.

But like take that line up, subtract Hinostroza (at least the way he's played this year anyway) and Fischer and insert say prime Vrbata and Doan or some modern similar players. Some guys who could fire it. Now all the sudden you've got some threatening lines rather than pure low % chance possession lines.

It's in part the reason bottom line guys liek Cousins and Archibald found a lot of minutes here. They weren't high end shooters, but for their slot they have a nice shot.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This is true, we're the worst shooting % team in the league at 6.5%.

It should go up a bit from there, but we're on like a 4 year run of having either the worst or second worst scoring % on chances too.

So getting Phil for a player that's on the way out and not favored is probably the right call, but it doesn't fundamentally alter the course we're on we'll just be better at what we already do.

And what's in the pipeline doesn't seem to help in this are either much. Who's the best shooter? Jenik? I could see him as a 20-22 guy top end but I dunno about more then that. Hayton has a good shot but if he scores 30 or more it would probably be in a career year. Everyone else is a pretty long shot at this point.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It should go up a bit from there, but we're on like a 4 year run of having either the worst or second worst scoring % on chances too.

Exactly...and we've got to be one of the worst teams scoring goals on rebounds. It's rare when we get a rebound goal, most of ours are on direct shots...hardly any scrums as we don't crash the net like other teams and when we do, our guys shoot it at the chest hole.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Saros is in net for Nashville. 0-2-0 record and rocking a 5GAA, so prepare for a shutout :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think they really need to look at protective equipment in the NHL. Not talking about this particular play but in general. They are going to have to increase the size of face masks and helmets and the padding on legs, feet and ankles. Too many puck and stick injuries.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Is there a reason the NHL doesn't allow at least a player or two to be available to play in a instance like this? I've never understood why a team is basically penalized because of an injury.

Reactions: FinnishCoyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad