GDT: Game 6: Predators @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Did McConnell say tomorrow's game is sold-out?

Late afternoon vs Ottawa would be quite an accomplishment.

just peeked around at Ticketmaster.

Still a lot of seats available but vast majority of them are showing as resale. So yes it’s close to an official sellout.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
OEL still pulls a Karlsson from time to time and doesn't cover his man, the pass, or attempt to deflect the shot even though he is in position to do one or all of those things. The Preds 1st goal last night was a good example. Demers has easily outplayed him this year in the D zone. Demers is actually playing like the 2/3 every team wanted him to be.

ZHeCBCL.jpg

OEL arrived early and then did... nothing. Just standing there and letting someone take a shot 6 ft out unopposed is not an NHL play. At least Chych is covering the back door pass to the other Predator out of frame.

I am probably in the minority on this one, but I am not as upset over that. The early part of the play, he was actually following the player who brought the puck in the zone as well. He was shading away from Fabbro when the pass went to Fabbro. This is where I think the argument is being made that OEL should have skated over and gotten in between goal and Fabbro.

I think that in the circumstances, it is very possible that Tocchet may have been telling his D to not go down and block shots so easily. We were already down to 5 D. If we lost OEL because he took a weird shot off of a body part, or he over-exerted himself and got injured, we would have been in a huge amount of trouble.

Again, I totally understand where you are coming from, and in the moment of watching the goal, I had the same WTF? reaction. But I am not as overly upset about it, given that we now had 2 D out due to shots hitting them, no matter how fluky or determined to block the shot the player who got injured was. Being down to 5 D changed that mindset a little more. To be honest, it also took the shot going off the post to go in, so it is not like Kuemper played a bad angle or anything like that. If that shot is slightly more right, Kuemper gets a piece. Slightly more left, and it glances the other way off the post or goes wide.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Something we need to keep in mind about OEL is that in two games this season (of only six) we’ve had to play with only 5D for 2+ periods. Last night it was like 58mins of 5D.

OEL has ALWAYS been better when his time is managed. He’s not Duncan Keith. He’s not better when he plays 30mins a game. He’s at his best when he’s under 25min. Especially over multiple games. And that’s not a bad thing. There are a lot of top D that require their minutes to be managed properly to maximize their productivity. OEL is one of them.

You make a good point about the 5 d-man for two games. Better when he is fresher. My only question/observation is that he looks a step slow. Several times now he has been beat to the outside. I don't remember seeing that as much over the years. But I really do like our overall team speed. We have 3 lines that have a few people can really skate. Schmaltz/Garland - Grabner/Hino - Keller/Kessel and the rest of the team is not bad either... Our ability to forecheck is as good as it has ever been

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
T1 Diabetic NHLer. These don’t grow on trees. Nick Boynton is one. Max Domi another. And I believe Luke Kunin.
As a Type 1 Diabetic, these guys are always my favorites by default.

Kaapo Kakko is also a Type 1, but the OG Type 1 in the NHL was the great Bobby Clarke.

Weird facts, but may be of use if any of you are ever on Jeopardy:wg:

Last edited:
Reactions: Name Nameless

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
just peeked around at Ticketmaster.

Still a lot of seats available but vast majority of them are showing as resale. So yes it’s close to an official sellout.

Just based off of ESPN's data, our attendance average last year was 13,989. Outside of the Bruins game, we had 13,864 against the Knights, and 13,521 against the Predators(on Thursdays no less). If the team keeps winning, I can't see the numbers dipping. I would like to see the average above 14,000 for the year. I mean, the Wild game last year on a Saturday afternoon, the place was a madhouse. Weekends always bring in more people here.

14 of our 38 games are saturday games(37%). We also have 3 sunday games(not sure how those will work out - but it could be like a cardinals trip for people). We're in a good spot. Team just needs to keep doing what they are doing, front office/management needs to keep doing what they are doing, the people will show up. This is an exciting start so far, want to keep it rolling.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Just based off of ESPN's data, our attendance average last year was 13,989. Outside of the Bruins game, we had 13,864 against the Knights, and 13,521 against the Predators(on Thursdays no less). If the team keeps winning, I can't see the numbers dipping. I would like to see the average above 14,000 for the year. I mean, the Wild game last year on a Saturday afternoon, the place was a madhouse. Weekends always bring in more people here.

14 of our 38 games are saturday games(37%). We also have 3 sunday games(not sure how those will work out - but it could be like a cardinals trip for people). We're in a good spot. Team just needs to keep doing what they are doing, front office/management needs to keep doing what they are doing, the people will show up. This is an exciting start so far, want to keep it rolling.
15,408 through 4 games...that's a nice jump, but no Mon, Tue or Wed games yet.....looks like we have 12 of those throughout the season and pretty evenly distributed between those days of the week with a couple or holiday's mixed in.

If they keep winning, people will come.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Raw numbers don't really mean much since each arena holds a different amount of people, it's better to look at % capacity. The Islanders when they play at Nassau can only fit 13,900 whereas Ottawa can seat 17,373, so both being about the same overall average number says that attendance is way worse in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad