GDT: Game 6 | Pittsburgh @ Columbus | 7 PM EST | Big Brother Returns

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Good idea by Gudbranson to chase that puck instead of covering whoever that 87 guy is.
Who was covering the other Pens players closest to the net?? (And the only CBJ player near the net?)

Who is the guy Kuraly is supposed to be “covering” and how do you explain what he is doing on the Crosby goal??

Last edited:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
CB83C917-3F22-49CC-9D4C-12FDEAAC6CA8.jpeg

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It’s not that they’re a good team, everyone knows that. That’s not what it’s about

We haven’t beaten them since 2019. Haven’t beaten them twice in a row since 2015. I know you have to eliminate the covid shortened year since we didn’t play them, but that amount of one sidedness in a series is unprecedented.

And that’s not even saying the jackets weren’t even good in these times. They were. It never matters. They don’t beat Pittsburgh.

I get that too. I know they almost always beat us.

The big brother schtick is still nauseating. Do you ever just cheer the team on when the odds are against them and not worship the opposition while doing it?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get that too. I know they almost always beat us.

The big brother schtick is still nauseating. Do you ever just cheer the team on when the odds are against them and not worship the opposition while doing it?
Sure, when they’re not playing Pittsburgh. I don’t worship them either, I’m poking fun at the utter dominance they have over us.

I do the same thing to my favorite NFL team (Chargers) when they play the Chiefs.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Columbus has supported the Blue Jackets through many years of mediocrity or worse. Too much of the organization is crap and wouldn't be given jobs for other teams. If the upper management is serious about winning they need to get rid of the GM, coaches, and several players. This market is chomping at the bit to have a quality team. Just look at the season ticket sale increase when they signed Johnny. ENOUGH OF THE MEDIOCRITY.

Reactions: NotWendell

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Columbus has supported the Blue Jackets through many years of mediocrity or worse. Too much of the organization is crap and wouldn't be given jobs for other teams. If the upper management is serious about winning they need to get rid of the GM, coaches, and several players. This market is chomping at the bit to have a quality team. Just look at the season ticket sale increase when they signed Johnny. ENOUGH OF THE MEDIOCRITY.
I’ll just take quality goaltending

Reactions: thebus88 and VABUCK

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Well at least the stepsister beat the cousin-in-law today in Lehigh Valley :)...

...or something like that.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Look, the Pens are a skilled team that holds the puck well and can pass the puck at speed. Don't forget who their centers are. The other thing that angers me is stupid mistakes on defense. Not under pressure. Losing the puck.
To the players. I will say what I saw, I could be wrong, the stream was not good.
The best players were Bean on defense, Roslovic and Johnson on offense. Gaudreau had no one to play with. More accurately, Johnny can't play with Boone unlike Laine who is a sniper, can take advantage of even a small scoring chance. Gus is O.K.
Jake Bean made some of those mistakes, for example on Crosby's goal he didn't have to fly to the right side either, but for the most part he played very well, he could have played the puck, made the first pass.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
On the plus side Foudy gets to play tomorrow. It sucks Danny got hurt but still

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Our main problem is centers, without them we can't play ideally. In addition, we are gradually rebuilding. Do you think the young players will come in and play great?
The prospects in defence are great. The offense also has potential. Johnson will be a great center, just need to give him an opportunity. Laine is 24, Sillinger 19, Chinakhov 21, Marchenko 22. As they say, they didn't build Rome in a day either

..Btw, I would try Jiříček instead of Peeke.

Maybe Arizona will take him?
Elvis has NTC. I doubt Arizona would be the team where he would agree to play.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Our main problem is centers, without them we can't play ideally. In addition, we are gradually rebuilding. Do you think the young players will come in and play great?
The prospects in defence are great. The offense also has potential. Johnson will be a great center, just need to give him an opportunity. Laine is 24, Sillinger 19, Chinakhov 21, Marchenko 22. As they say, they didn't build Rome in a day either

..Btw, I would try Jiříček instead of Peeke.
If they are gradually rebuilding (and I believe they are) then they should have room in the cap to grow but don't. They quite often are overspending on low quality players. Jarmo isn't doing a good job of evaluating talent and making reasonable financial decisions.

Reactions: majormajor

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The conventional wisdom is you build from the back, out. We're doing exactly the opposite. The conventional wisdom is on offense, you build a strong spine first, then bring in the wingers. We're doing exactly the opposite. How's that working out for us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad