GDT: Game 6 - Pens @ Isles - 6:30 PM ET - Do or Die, but Please Don't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The fan in me will be on the edge of my seat when the puck drops. :laugh: But just because I can get lost in the escapism that is a sport/entertainment, that doesn't mean I have to be a full on idiot. It's more likely we will not win and the same thing we've been seeing is exactly what we WILL see.

But have I seen crazy things in hockey? f*** yeah I have! I've been a part of games we lost that was seemingly impossible. Same on the flip side. I've seen both being a fan. Anything can happen. But most likely that is not the rule.

My concern with this year's club is actually the opposite of the past two playoff failures. Those ones, the team just didn't look interested in competing. This one is actually trying hard, yet still can't win. They're literally peppering the Isles with 40+ shots and can't score more than 2 goals.

That's why I'm doubtful about our chances tonight. Whatever the reason for our inability to score goals and put games away when we have the chance, it's just not happening. And I don't see this team being defensively sound enough, nor Jarry consistently good enough in net, to win a bunch of 2-1 hockey games. Yet for us to have any chance of winning, that seems to be what we have to do.

That's where my pessimism comes in.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Like I said, we'll either win or lose

If we win, I'll look forward to Friday (and hopefully beyond)
If we lose, I'll look forward to (hopefully) massive changes to this team and coaching staff

Win/win

unfortunately, the only thing I’ll have to look forward to is Sully’s firing and I’m now convinced he won’t be fired lol....

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I want to be optimistic about tonight but the pattern of history says no bueno. This isn’t like game 6 against Tampa a couple years ago where you had a feeling they weren’t going to let them beat them in 6. This team just does not have the same resilience.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I want to be optimistic about tonight but the pattern of history says no bueno. This isn’t like game 6 against Tampa a couple years ago where you had a feeling they weren’t going to let them beat them in 6. This team just does not have the same resilience.

it’s not resilience....it’s that the big game players aren’t big game players anymore who we can count on for a timely goal and the bottom six is a crap shoot...

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
This series truly reminds me so much of 2016 ECF vs Tampa where Sorokin is playing the role of Vasilevskiy.

We need goals today. Ugly goals count just as much. Please go to the net

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Crashing the net and shooting at every opportunity will give the Penguins a much better chance at winning. It's something past teams did not do. You can't pick corners against goalies in a zone. You crash the net and make them deal with you. What we did last game was impressive but we passed up amazing opportunities and we missed 22 shots trying to go bar down. Scoring isn't complicated. I would feel a lot more confident if the lines were changed but it is what it is.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
lol @ the exact same lines/lineup

Gotta get to our game!

82522f0487ee6c389c64c2081ed968cc_400x400.jpeg

latest

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, put it this way. If the skate were on the other foot and the Pens were ahead three games to two then the entire board would based on past history believe that the Pens would lose tonight and then blow game seven at home.

So logically the Pens have assured that they do the opposite. Win tonight and game seven.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Honestly not sure if this has been said yet or not, but if the Pens lose tonight, it could be the last game of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang era.

...I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for that right now.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Anyway. Hopefully it isn't the last game for this era and this core we've had for 15 years (for logical reasons as much as nostalgia), but you never know. So either way let's see a great show.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Honestly not sure if this has been said yet or not, but if the Pens lose tonight, it could be the last game of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang era.

Why? Even if there's an overhaul, why would Malkin or Letang be dealt?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Pens instantly downgrade by losing either 1 of them, or if say Malkin/Letang go it's officially rebuild time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
As a fan - when that puck drops i'm all-in for the Pens. I love it.

As an objective hockey fan and someone who studied the game with such a passion... i have ZERO faith in this team. I have zero faith in this team. Is it possible they make a run? Sure. Anything in sports is possible. It's always possible. Probable? Look at the last 3 years. f*** no. And here's why:

- I don't think Sully will adjust the lines (i haven't looked at anything in the last 2 days)
- I don't think Zucker, McCann, Jarry, Jake or the others will suddenly all get on fire. I f***ing don't buy at AT ALL. It's more likely we will see exactly the same.
- I think this team will walk right to the golf course if they get down a goal.

To me the proof has been there to not expect anything less than a loss. That's what the history tells me from the last 3 years. But hey.. when that puck drops, I'm a believer til the final whistle.

Let's Go Pens!

Never get out of the boat! Once you do.... For what? Mango-als...

F-it!!! We don't need this F-ing shit!

Let's go Tiger....! Which ever way it ends up being, eye of, or eaten alive...

"NEVER GET OUT OF THE F-ING BOAT!"

Where's the Tylenol?

Holy SHIT!!!!

DO SOMETHING!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad