GDT: Game 6 - Pens @ Isles - 6:30 PM ET - Do or Die, but Please Don't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sad fact is that we are a good team. Better than the Isles, for sure. But lack of killers instinct is brutal. And we are also dumb and unlucky. I have very little faith tonight. It is very possible that they completely collapse and it´s a gimme for the Isles. It is also possible that they still have fight in them, go to the overtime when we all know what´s gonna happen. Can´t win tough series without being able to win a single overtime. So, they basically have to do it in regulation. On the road in a tough building. While being frustrated and defeated after such a depressing game 5. Yeah, I don´t see it. But I would actually believe if there is a game 7 somehow.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I never say never, but I'm pretty close to having no hope on this one.

Outscoring a team with a goalie om a hot streak with puck luck, we've seen this movie before. Add to that the absolute gut punch it must have been, for the skaters to bring it and establish such a relentless forecheck only for Jarry to literally throw it away.

I could see a flat, defeated team come out tonight.

Remember in 2008, 2009, 2016 and 2017 they were never out and never gave up. The difference was they had faith in their goaltender(s) in those seasons. I doubt the locker room has much faith in Jarry rn.

completely agree...the people with hope haven’t seen this movie before...this is also why I thought they should start Legace...trust in Jarry has to be an all time low...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Sad fact is that we are a good team. Better than the Isles, for sure. But lack of killers instinct is brutal. And we are also dumb and unlucky. I have very little faith tonight. It is very possible that they completely collapse and it´s a gimme for the Isles. It is also possible that they still have fight in them, go to the overtime when we all know what´s gonna happen. Can´t win tough series without being able to win a single overtime. So, they basically have to do it in regulation. On the road in a tough building. While being frustrated and defeated after such a depressing game 5. Yeah, I don´t see it. But I would actually believe if there is a game 7 somehow.

We need to stop with this narrative. Once is unlucky. 4 years in a row is the new standard.

We have a system in place where one mistake = high quality scoring chance for the other team. Like we saw with Dumo the other night and Letang hugging the right boards and leaving all the ice in front of Jarry wide open. Islanders would have to make 3 mistakes in a row for us to get that type of chance.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hope I'm wrong. But I think the game goes like this:

Pens come out strong, but the 1st ends 0-0. Isles score somewhat early in the 2nd. Pens tie it late in the 2nd. Isles score the backbreaker in the middle of the 3rd. 2-1 final.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

This sounds accurate because it would also be extremely boring on top of depressing.

Reactions: Andy99 and ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hope I'm wrong. But I think the game goes like this:

Pens come out strong, but the 1st ends 0-0. Isles score somewhat early in the 2nd. Pens tie it late in the 2nd. Isles score the backbreaker in the middle of the 3rd. 2-1 final.

Again, hope I'm wrong.
I'm not even watching the game tonight. And if you knew how rare that is for me you'd know that's nearly unheard of over the past four decades.

I'll wait, check the score around 9:15 pm and find out what happens. After which I'll come in here and fellowship with you fine folk.

Reactions: Andy99 and ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kind of annoying honestly. People keep responding to it before they read my post stating that it was a joke. I am going to have to add the joke to the L column.
Your execution was poor. I'll expect better next time.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I'm going optimistic here: Jarry, completely unfazed, has a rebound for ages and looks like the Dominator. Jake gets a dirty bounce and the flood gates open. Boom!

However, if TJ lets in a softie early over the glove hand, he'll be shaking in the corner coiled up in a fetal position--like the rest of us.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I would absolutely be watching if I didn't have to work all evening. Though my luck with actually sitting down and watching these games has been poor.

I still blame the mullet.

Reactions: ncm7772

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm trying to be positive and I am hoping for the best. I just really hope that we don't get what I expect. With their backs against the wall, you would expect the Pens to come out on a mission and be driving play from the first drop of the puck. However, what we have seen from recent years (in elimination games) is a team that feels defeated before they even step on the ice. I fully expect tonight's game to be one of the best Jarry has played in a Pens uniform, I just hope that the stars align and the rest of the team play to that level.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don´t know. That last game felt like game over for this team. For me, for sure. From now on, I can only be pleasantly surprised. Zero expectations, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad