GDT: Game 6 - Pens @ Isles - 6:30 PM ET - Do or Die, but Please Don't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We should lobby for 3 on 3 OT in the playoffs, then we will show those pesky Islanders who is boss.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
This series could have easily been over if we got a bounce or a save in the OT games we lost. Pens have been the better team for most of the series.

That would be true. However, unfortunately for the Penguins, the goalie is also apart of the team. And also unfortunately for the Penguins, Tristan Daniel Jarry absolutely sucks.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Drinking my draft beer out of another fancier vase tonight in anticipation of us not blowing it. Or us blowing it and I get to chuck this hideous vase we got for Lunar New Year at my noisy neighbors because why not?

Reactions: ncm7772

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We’ll see Goat scratched for Erod and that’s about it. The NHL doesn’t allow you to change line combos so what can Sullivan really do :dunno:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As a fan - when that puck drops i'm all-in for the Pens. I love it.

As an objective hockey fan and someone who studied the game with such a passion... i have ZERO faith in this team. I have zero faith in this team. Is it possible they make a run? Sure. Anything in sports is possible. It's always possible. Probable? Look at the last 3 years. f*** no. And here's why:

- I don't think Sully will adjust the lines (i haven't looked at anything in the last 2 days)
- I don't think Zucker, McCann, Jarry, Jake or the others will suddenly all get on fire. I f***ing don't buy at AT ALL. It's more likely we will see exactly the same.
- I think this team will walk right to the golf course if they get down a goal.

To me the proof has been there to not expect anything less than a loss. That's what the history tells me from the last 3 years. But hey.. when that puck drops, I'm a believer til the final whistle.

Let's Go Pens!

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018

As an objective hockey fan and someone who studied the game with such a passion... i have ZERO faith in this team. I have zero faith in this team. Is it possible they make a run? Sure. Anything in sports is possible. It's always possible. Probable? Look at the last 3 years. f*** no. And here's why:

- I don't think Sully will adjust the lines (i haven't looked at anything in the last 2 days)
- I don't think Zucker, McCann, Jarry, Jake or the others will suddenly all get on fire. I f***ing don't buy at AT ALL. It's more likely we will see exactly the same.

To me the proof has been there to not expect anything less than a loss. That's what the history tells me from the last 3 years. But hey.. when that puck drops, I'm a believer til the final whistle.

Let's Go Pens!

Love you Cole but you don’t really sound at all like a believer. In fact you sound the exact opposite

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

Let's Go Pens!

My man.

Reactions: ColePens

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Re trusting Jarry, I won’t be able to until he puts together at least a season and playoff’s worth of steady quality stuff. So ask me in a year or two. For now, f*** no, and we all know he’s in net only because CDS got hurt, which might be the biggest impact to this playoffs.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Love you Cole but you don’t really sound at all like a believer. In fact you sound the exact opposite

The fan in me will be on the edge of my seat when the puck drops. :laugh: But just because I can get lost in the escapism that is a sport/entertainment, that doesn't mean I have to be a full on idiot. It's more likely we will not win and the same thing we've been seeing is exactly what we WILL see.

But have I seen crazy things in hockey? f*** yeah I have! I've been a part of games we lost that was seemingly impossible. Same on the flip side. I've seen both being a fan. Anything can happen. But most likely that is not the rule.

Reactions: Lustaf

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

Let's Go Pens!

This isn't the same team as the last three years. But I'm concerned about Sullivan too. He has changed, a lot.

But I live and die by the team. My heart rate monitor on my watch was going crazy last game, I've been much less nervous briefing a general:laugh: Not sure what that says about me but let's go Pens!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This isn't the same team as the last three years. But I'm concerned about Sullivan too. He has changed, a lot.

But I live and die by the team. My heart rate monitor on my watch was going crazy last game, I've been much less nervous briefing a general:laugh: Not sure what that says about me but let's go Pens!
Objectively what you are saying is not true. :laugh: They played their best hockey game and lost. The same players who have sucked have sucked.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Objectively what you are saying is not true. :laugh: They played their best hockey game and lost. The same players who have sucked have sucked.

A ton of players have switched out. Objectively it's not the same team. Connecting it to the last three teams is a fan narrative. If they're making the same mistakes as the previous teams whose fault is that?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Like I said, we'll either win or lose

If we win, I'll look forward to Friday (and hopefully beyond)
If we lose, I'll look forward to (hopefully) massive changes to this team and coaching staff

Win/win

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad