GDT: Game 6 | Leafs @ Sens | Stay safe | GAME POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that the "ignore it and it will go away" approach is better suited for dealing with issues with 2 year olds than with terrorists.

We know you aren't an expert...

Who said anything about ignoring it. In case you havent peeled yourself away form this forum this incident is all over the news.

How does canceling a game tonight "deal with terrorists"?

For the record, "ignore and it will go away" is a lousy way to deal with two year olds.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We know you aren't an expert...

Who said anything about ignoring it. In case you havent peeled yourself away form this forum this incident is all over the news.

How does canceling a game tonight "deal with terrorists"?

For the record, "ignore and it will go away" is a lousy way to deal with two year olds.

Game will be postponed theres almost no doubt in my mind... wasnt ottawa suppose to play boston when the boston bombings happened? im not insinuating anythign of course just a weird coincidence.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Game will be postponed theres almost no doubt in my mind... wasnt ottawa suppose to play boston when the boston bombings happened? im not insinuating anythign of course just a weird coincidence.

Yes. They were locked down in the Lenox hotel directly across from the second attack.

All of this takes me back to that awful day. Trust me when I say it is best that tonight's game gets postponed.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What source?
Haven't seen it yet.

TSN Hockey @TSNHockey
Sens/Leafs game tonight has been postponed. Rescheduled game will be announced at a later date. #TSN #NHL

Brent Wallace @tsn_wally
Sens and Leafs game has been postponed.

Yahoo Sports NHL @YahooSportsNHL
NHL postpones Leafs-Sens game in Ottawa tonight

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good.

It would've been physically dangerous for Leaf players to hit the ice after going through what they have today. The game moves way too fast to have guys on the ice when their heads aren't in the game.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Please for all that is holy let reason win out and have the game moved to tomorrow.

Neither team plays again until Saturday, there's nothing going on at CTC tomorrow to complicate and it keeps the game time pretty close to original.

Please please please please let reason win out. :help:

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Oilers fan here, just wanted to stop in and tell you guys to stay safe out there. Best wishes to everyone in your city, hopefully you guys can get this game in soon and get back to things being somewhat like normal around there.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Please for all that is holy let reason win out and have the game moved to tomorrow.

Neither team plays again until Saturday, there's nothing going on at CTC tomorrow to complicate and it keeps the game time pretty close to original.

Please please please please let reason win out. :help:

Yeah I hope so too - but I have a feeling because it was a Rogers Wednesday night game... probably needs to be rescheduled to another Wed/Sat/Sun. We'll see what happens.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
I hope they re schedule tomorrow or Friday if everything is fine. It sucks since I plan on going on a trip sometime soon and if they reschedule around that time it will really suck.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
My heart goes out to my hometown Ottawa - terrible news. My family is up there and I just reached out to them earlier. Stay safe people. Who cares about the game tonight.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Dedicate it to the pour soul who died guarding the Cenotaph.

Its a good call to cancel.

WhiteLight*

wow they said on CBC Leafs players are staying at the Westin... heard the gun shots. Crazy

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Good.

It would've been physically dangerous for Leaf players to hit the ice after going through what they have today. The game moves way too fast to have guys on the ice when their heads aren't in the game.

Yeah. Coincidentally, the Senators were staying in a hotel very proximate to the location where the bombs went off in Boston last year.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Can't believe that some Leafs fans were saying that the game should go on.... Wow. Talk about priorities being completely out of whack.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I hope they re schedule tomorrow or Friday if everything is fine. It sucks since I plan on going on a trip sometime soon and if they reschedule around that time it will really suck.

Can't do Friday, already a different event scheduled at CTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: