Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Latest twits:
--
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m2 minutes ago
No changes for #Sens
--
Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 59s60 seconds ago
Anderson in starters end. No lineup changes apparent for #Sens Game vs #Leafs starts at 7pm tonight. #cbcott
--

Also, there's an incident involving a gunman and shots fired downtown. Stay inside and stay safe.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Kessel.jpg

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
OH NO! The Senators starting goaltender is starting against their provincial rival. I'm sorry to every poster under the age of 24.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Only advantage of having the CTC in Stittsville....not really impacted by incidents like this. Visiting players never stay at Chateau, always Brookstreet.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Leaf fan in peace. I fully expect the game to be cancelled, as it should be. Human lives are at risk by a group of psychopaths. That's far more important than what is just a hockey game in comparison.

Stay safe, guys. Thoughts are with you.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
If this game are postponed, best time to replay is tomorrow. Leafs and Sens have next games on saturday and Leafs already in town.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
You know. I'm actually a believer that provided people and participants (since it seems the Leafs may be that the Chateau Laurier) can safely get to the event, it should go on as planned - otherwise we are letting the terror aspect of the day win.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You know. I'm actually a believer that provided people and participants (since it seems the Leafs may be that the Chateau Laurier) can safely get to the event, it should go on as planned - otherwise we are letting the terror aspect of the day win.

I'm much more concerned that people are safe, hockey game be damned.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
My thoughts are prayers are with the citizens of Ottawa now. Hopefully they can catch the culprits. Safety before pleasure. The game should be cancelled!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I didn't give an opinion guyzeur. I just said they are different situations, and they are. And I'm in Law, I know full well how to punish people the proper way ;) Just trying to stay objective.

IIRC the bombers weren't caught in Boston, and bombs are a very delicate situation. Who knows if there were others planted elsewhere?

In today's case we have terrorists that were caught, and with guns, not bombs. More containable, and has apparently already been contained for the most part.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I didn't give an opinion guyzeur. I just said they are different situations, and they are. And I'm in Law, I know full well how to punish people the proper way ;) Just trying to stay objective.

IIRC the bombers weren't caught in Boston, and bombs are a very delicate situation. Who knows if there were others planted elsewhere?

In today's case we have terrorists that were caught, and with guns, not bombs. More containable, and has apparently already been contained for the most part.

Yes, in Boston the attackers were still on the run within a couple of hours of the game. If the situation is resolved soon, I can see the game being played tonight, but wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

I don't think they have caught everyone. The Portage bridge is completely shut down and the cops are searching every car thoroughly. Opening trunks and all..

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Yes, in Boston the attackers were still on the run within a couple of hours of the game. If the situation is resolved soon, I can see the game being played tonight, but wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled.

How do you know if they aren't more gunners or bombs in Ottawa? You can be sure that the CTC and others major bldgs, malls are all being searched right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad