GDT: GAME 6 - JETS @ BLUES - APRIL 20 - 6 pm CST - CBC & SPORTSNET - THE BEST OF...

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
Goose egg Ehlers. Don’t worry everyone....Maurice’s job is secure. We will see him back for next year making the same mistakes.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That team needs to learn that it's not gonna win unless it puts out for the entire playoffs like it did for the last 2:00. Yes it's hard. Yes it takes effort and it will hurt. But you're not gonna win on talent alone.

We saw glimpses all year and a few times this series. It comes down to how hard they want it. They didn't. Is it Maurice's job to get it out of them? It it Chevy's job to find guys that will crawl over their dead mother to win a hockey game? Do these guys have it in them? If not, then what? Lots of questions to be answered.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
That was a game breaker sorry. The Jets weren't playing well, but Buff was buzzing. How there was no penalty on St. Louis on that play is hard to fathom. Then that was the most clear cut case of goalie interference I have seen all playoffs, and everyone misses it. The NHL is a business, there is a reason why the Cup hasn't gone to Canada since 1993. That's not THE reason why we lost but it is one of them.
No Canadian-based team strong enough to win 16 playoff games. Is that the reason?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Maurice should have never "wasted" a challenge on the Blues first goal. He should use those only on obvious Goalie Interference. He would have saved one, and the Blue's 2nd Goal would have been overturned.

Very bad call Maurice.

We were outplayed though--the better team won --the more determined and more desperate team won it.

JETS DID NOT SHOW UP FOR THIS GAME -"ONE SHOT" IN THE 2ND PERIOD -VERY BAD !!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Rumors have been circulating that they are not as family like as once thought. Apparently there is turmoil in the room this year between some vets and younger guys.

I know it's only speculation but honestly that makes the most sense. The Trouba situation, it's always seemed like Buff/Laine have never gotten along... I always felt like that Kane/Buff situation was not a good sign for things to come. Here's the shittiest part. We go from having 3 good RD to Trouba potentially getting traded, Myers walking and Buff slowing down (potentially being a problem in the room?).

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Maurice has even openly admitted the above. He is a hands off coach who relies on his vets to provide advice, coaching and leadership to the team.

This is one huge reason for our struggles this year.

With the emotional momentum of last year everyone was hungry and very little motivation was needed in the room. However, after tasting success, there was far less hunger and desire in the room this year. Mo needed to change his style this season to motivate, lead, and ensure accountability. It was critical. Mo abdicated leadership and proudly admitted it. I’ve stated it numerous times on these boards this year.

A coach MUST provide leadership. He cannot rely solely on the players to perform this vital function.
It's too late for Mau to take the room back. I love the guy as a guy. Really smart, but once you give up that authority, it's gone.

I used to manage large groups of people and quite a few had more experience than I did, but those were the ones most in danger of getting fired. "Their way" was "better" than my way, so they weren't doing what I and my bosses (via me) asked them to do. If you can't get your people to do things your way, you're not a leader.

If at the end of the day, you can't say you did everything possible to win, you didn't do your job.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
That was a great series between two very close teams could have easily went the other way. You guys are a classy fan base. If anyone knows what your feeling its a Blues fan. Thanks for a great series

Yeah, it was a good series, and it really could have gone either way. You guys have a stud in Binnington - he's the real deal. If he keeps playing the way he has been up to now, you'll go far.

Reactions: Bluesfan1

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Hard to believe the season's over already - there just seemed to be so much potential with this team, and they just so rarely ever showed it. Frustrating, because they were capable of so much more. Just my casual observation regarding the series: our team seemed afraid to take a hit and play physical, whereas St. Louis was willing to make that sacrifice. It slowed us down as we tried to rely on skating it through the blue line when they were stacking it. Should have made St. Louis' defence skate, as that is their weakness.

Also, I really hope it isn't true that Scheifele and Wheeler refused to be split up or be moved across the lineup - that would be incredibly disappointing.

All in all, I'm slightly disappointed that the team is out of the playoffs, but this is a highly skilled team that is (for the most part) exciting to watch, and will be a contender for a while to come yet, so we have much to look forward to. :)

It was fun everyone!

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad