GDT: GAME 6 - JETS @ BLUES - APRIL 20 - 6 pm CST - CBC & SPORTSNET - THE BEST OF...

cdem72

Oct 27, 2017
Maurice should have never "wasted" a challenge on the Blues first goal. He should use those only on obvious Goalie Interference. He would have saved one, and the Blue's 2nd Goal would have been overturned.

Very bad call Maurice.

We were outplayed though--the better team won --the more determined and more desperate team won it.

JETS DID NOT SHOW UP FOR THIS GAME -"ONE SHOT" IN THE 2ND PERIOD -VERY BAD !!
Actually, we had another shot by Wheeler in the second, not that it made much difference. Stupid attempt to beat a guy, lose the puck and take a 4:00 high sticking penalty. Scheifele backs away to allow that third goal, too much floating. And PoMo picks on Copp in postgame to say he didn't do some things right. Please give your head a shake and put the responsibility on the first line which was another no show this game.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Good news is there is still playoff hockey to watch, even if we aren't playing it.
Yeah, but it feels still so empty that the Jets are out. :(

I guess I will be rooting for Colorado, now that the Jets are out, as it seems like Carolina doesn’t have a chance anyway. MacKinnon and Rantanen are so much fun to watch. Absolute monsters both of them.

I wouldn’t also mind if Dallas or Columbus would go all the way, as they both have been playing good and inspired hockey in the playoffs so far.

But Goddammit! Who am I trying to fool? Feels so Goddamn empty and like the whole season was wasted. :(

FFS if the Jets don’t now finally get rid of the disaster called Paul Maurice, I’m going to be really pissed off and frustrated.

Oh, and have a nice summer y’all! Hoping for better tides next season! :)

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Maurice should have never "wasted" a challenge on the Blues first goal. He should use those only on obvious Goalie Interference. He would have saved one, and the Blue's 2nd Goal would have been overturned.

Very bad call Maurice.

We were outplayed though--the better team won --the more determined and more desperate team won it.

JETS DID NOT SHOW UP FOR THIS GAME -"ONE SHOT" IN THE 2ND PERIOD -VERY BAD !!
In an elimination game, Using the challenge on the goal which was first shot of the game 15 seconds in when the goalie indeed got bumped was absolutely the right thing to 10/10 times. Needing it more later is hindsight, who would have thought the refs would miss something that obvious.
If that first goal gets over turned , does the momentum change immediately and cause a different game?
Regardless , we were outplayed all game and credit to St Louis needs to be given

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
In an elimination game, Using the challenge on the goal which was first shot of the game 15 seconds in when the goalie indeed got bumped was absolutely the right thing to 10/10 times. Needing it more later is hindsight, who would have thought the refs would miss something that obvious.
If that first goal gets over turned , does the momentum change immediately and cause a different game?
Regardless , we were outplayed all game and credit to St Louis needs to be given

I didn't think that first Goalie interference call by Maurice was warranted. I didn't think it was interference at all. I do agree that St.Louis deserves credit for a hard fought game, and they deserved to win.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm all in on the Islanders.
I don't like hockey anymore. I was having so much fun watching the other games in between Jets games. Hockey for the sake of hockey. Now even that's no fun. I have a whole room full of dryland training gear I can't even look like.

Do these guys just hate us and our city? They put our logo on and won't fight for us. I'd like to see big changes.

Reactions: Stubu

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
I already told everyone that a number of Jets already booked tee times at St Andrews for today after game 5. Some earn $70,000/game and so they could care less if they show up or not.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Actually, we had another shot by Wheeler in the second, not that it made much difference. Stupid attempt to beat a guy, lose the puck and take a 4:00 high sticking penalty. Scheifele backs away to allow that third goal, too much floating. And PoMo picks on Copp in postgame to say he didn't do some things right. Please give your head a shake and put the responsibility on the first line which was another no show this game.

Wouldn't surprise me if Copp wants out as long as Maurice is coach. I bet he and Trouba have had some doozie coaching discussions.

Reactions: Ippenator

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It was a good challenge and Helle was interfered with.
The only way that call gets changed ... if it was scored on Binnington.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I didn't think that first Goalie interference call by Maurice was warranted. I didn't think it was interference at all. I do agree that St.Louis deserves credit for a hard fought game, and they deserved to win.
That's interference!
When he hits Helle ... Helle comes off the post and that's when the puck goes between Helle and the post. Pictures don't lie.
h1DuT5n.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    515.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
So now we have Ehlers/Perreault/Copp/Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Anyone else want to go on that line? :laugh:
Not Laine. Because that would be too logical. A good coach has to play them mind games, you see.

Compare to Caps. They don't just pass to Ovi, they have structured their PP around passing to Ovi. And it's working for them. (If they happen to lose to Canes, not their crime.)

I'm thinking Maurice is just too timid to do bold systems, too much equal opportunity, too much "kaikki pelaa". A great development coach but a horrible tactician.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016

That’s the problem. Too subjective, I think it was without doubt interference.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That’s the problem. Too subjective, I think it was without doubt interference.
Maybe it was interference, but that one play wasn't the big problem. Jets had the roster to sweep this series despite the refs.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Maybe it was interference, but that one play wasn't the big problem. Jets had the roster to sweep this series despite the refs.
They had the roster full of players who showed up with no heart or an empty tank of gas in an elimination game? Kinda ironic

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
They had the roster full of players who showed up with no heart or an empty tank of gas in an elimination game? Kinda ironic
That wouldn't be ironic really, only sad. (Pardon my native Finnic pedantry -- we can't help it. It's in the lingo and everything.) But some showed up with plenty heart and kick and I don't think anyone was going on fumes (or if you're air force, "bingo fuel".)

You have to name names to make this go. I might well be reading you wrong, that's always a possibility ^__^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad