GDT: GAME 6 - JETS @ BLUES - APRIL 20 - 6 pm CST - CBC & SPORTSNET - THE BEST OF...

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
That wouldn't be ironic really, only sad. (Pardon my native Finnic pedantry -- we can't help it. It's in the lingo and everything.) But some showed up with plenty heart and kick and I don't think anyone was going on fumes (or if you're air force, "bingo fuel".)

You have to name names to make this go. I might well be reading you wrong, that's always a possibility ^__^
The only ones I seen show a little heart all belonged to the T-L-C line and Helly. The entire first Line no showed, Ehlers was a ghost , the 4th line was terrible, Laine Meh, Little was meh, The defense was lost.

Reactions: GNP

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Not Laine. Because that would be too logical. A good coach has to play them mind games, you see.

Compare to Caps. They don't just pass to Ovi, they have structured their PP around passing to Ovi. And it's working for them. (If they happen to lose to Canes, not their crime.)

I'm thinking Maurice is just too timid to do bold systems, too much equal opportunity, too much "kaikki pelaa". A great development coach but a horrible tactician.

My thought all season is that Maurice was a great development coach but lousy tactician. I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Stubu

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That’s the problem. Too subjective, I think it was without doubt interference.

I don't think it's to subjective, although I understand how you could feel that way. The video review panel didn't think there was interference, and neither did I ? Maybe your being a little to subjective J ?

Anyways, I thought the Jet's were badly outplayed, and St.Louis deserved to win IMO. I actually think the Jets have a little more talent but were outworked -- oh well.

Something is missing with the Jet's team this year. :huh:

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The only ones I seen show a little heart all belonged to the T-L-C line and Helly. The entire first Line no showed, Ehlers was a ghost , the 4th line was terrible, Laine Meh, Little was meh, The defense was lost.
It was the no attention to the Hawaian /Haiti Voodoo "le". That really cost Winnipeg the Cup.

Scheife:le Whee:ler Ky:le-Connor
Eh:lers Litt:le
(Laine Perreault Byfuglien)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Who has he developed? Most of our young guys are flatlining or worse. Trouba took a step but that’s mostly because his usage went up.
Appleton and Vesalainen are looking up. Roslovic is already up. Not sure about the defensemen, that are actually needed in near future

flatlining? I thought there were prospects for that. (D)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Appleton and Vesalainen are looking up. Roslovic is already up. Not sure about the defensemen, that are actually needed in near future

flatlining? I thought there were prospects for that. (D)

Roslovic is a success? The guy everyone pegged for 2nd line centre or at least middle six who spent a large portion of the season on 4th line wing? Had a couple games but wouldn’t consider that a success, trending more the other way.

Reactions: Board Bard

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Roslovic is a success? The guy everyone pegged for 2nd line centre or at least middle six who spent a large portion of the season on 4th line wing? Had a couple games but wouldn’t consider that a success, trending more the other way.
Could definitely see in this series why roslovic and.......Sami Niku we’re totally off the table for Mark Stone.

Reactions: BigZ65

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Weird how this goal was called back but Helle was not interfered with ... right?
Different rules for different teams.

Or the Flames disallowed goal which is completely BS
D4kPbTwU8AEGZCv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->