GDT: Game 6: Columbus at San Jose | 10/23 10:30PM EDT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Best of all worlds for me. I dvr'd it. (free Center Ice until 10/31-check it out if you have cable) Watched this morning. Agree with Kev definitely a bipolar board. As was the team. They looked like crap in 1st then like SC champs in the 2nd. And up, down, and up in the third.

Favorite thing of the thread:

lee's gifs. Laughed everytime.

Classic HF. The guys who didn't bother to stay up and watch the team log on the next morning and criticize the comments. Must be nice to be so calm and collected and unemotional during a crazy ass game.

This is what kills me after every game. A select few self-righteous posters like to chime in on comments made during the ebb and flow of the game.

Luckily these don't apply to me 'cause I'm not self-righteous. (although making such a statement may be self-righteous?) :sarcasm::laugh:

having watched the game, albeit this morning, I had my share of ups and downs and consider myself as an honorary bipolar poster because had I been watching in real time that's what my posts would reflect.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
IMHO, even without 17 & 38, it is time for Wennberg to sit, move Letestu back to center and let Dano play.

I was fully on board to have Wennberg play center against a good team and see if he sank or swam. Not sure he sank, but he sure needs floaties right now. I agree, he needs to watch/go back to wing/go to Springfield and play center.

Dano is in, IMO

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Seems obvious to me.

AAAAC1YKOnkAAAAAAWjTuw.jpg

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Johansen proved to be a very mature player tonight IMO. No getting pissed off when goal disallowed, went to bench and got guys amped up to go out and get the winner, and we did. Good leadership out of him.

Which is the kind of thing the front office wants to see from him before giving him a HUGE contract. He is proving, RIGHT NOW, that he deserves one. If he keeps this up he will get one in 2 years like he should.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Watching the game last night, all I could think of is how good RyJo is and how scary this team is going to be when all hands are on deck (not counting Horton). When Dubi/Jenner/Murray are back.....I still think this is a division winning roster.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Which is the kind of thing the front office wants to see from him before giving him a HUGE contract. He is proving, RIGHT NOW, that he deserves one. If he keeps this up he will get one in 2 years like he should.

He "proved" all this last year.

This season's performance to date was entirely predictable.

I guess signing him at a discount didn't fit the FO grand contract strategy.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I turned in when it went to 0-2 in the first

my bad, but I knew today would be a long day regardless. Quite the surprise to read the thread and find out that our boys, including Hartnell are quickly rewriting our historical leaflets ha ha.

As an admirer of the Sharks franchise, I can only say that to beat them in this kind of game you really do have to be hitting on all cylinders - they are so strong down the middle, and generally have good netminders... good on Jackets, and those HF fans that saw it through to the winning end

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Classic HF. The guys who didn't bother to stay up and watch the team log on the next morning and criticize the comments. Must be nice to be so calm and collected and unemotional during a crazy ass game.

I'll assume this is directed at me. I did stay up and watch the whole game last night, but I guess I'm not seeing the same things some of you are that I'm always compelled to post. It was a crazy ass game and I get the bipolar, I've been here a long time. I find it funny and really didn't think I was being critical.

With Wennberg, sure he's struggling, but he's making the adjustment and he'll be here until the injured come back. He's being put into some situations (PK), that shows the coaches feel he's good enough to take on those responsibilities. I'm not so sure he goes to Springfield. Sure he could use that for his confidence, but I don't think he's really hurting anything being up here. He's 7 games in, so I'm willing to let him slide a little. Goloubef made one critical mistake, but Richards seemed to think pretty highly of his performance after the game. I bet he stays in the lineup tonight.

Resilience is the theme of this club. It tells me I'm going to get my money's worth from this team, game in and game out.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I fell asleep right after the sharks went ahead 3-2, early in the third. I was elated to see the final score when I woke up.

IHeartZherdev*

Even though he attempted to extort them and they can just replace his production with Wenny, Kerby, and Anderson?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Watching the game last night, all I could think of is how good RyJo is and how scary this team is going to be when all hands are on deck (not counting Horton). When Dubi/Jenner/Murray are back.....I still think this is a division winning roster.

I keep hoping...starting to think we'll never have a healthy team. We seem to be always at the top in man games lost :(

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What a great win. Really made me happy to see them battle back and finish this one off.

The Johansen line was phenomenal tonight. Those 3 guys need to be kept together....great passing and possession from them. I also thought Cam and Calvy were great together, too. Boy when we get Dubi and Jenner back, this team is going to be scary.

Hartnell-Joey-Foligno
Jenner-Anisimov-Letestu
Calvert-Dubi-Atkinson
Skille-Chaput-Dano

Going to be lethal in a month

Those are the exact lines I'd run with too, except I'd send Dano down. The guy spent all last year on a 4th line, he needs to play more to grow.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I watched the game and felt plenty of emotions. What gets me is that when the Jackets have a bad period --- the response is that we will always have bad periods. And when we have a good period --- the response, as now, is that we will always dominate. You'd think that people would eventually learn the ups and downs.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I watched the game and felt plenty of emotions. What gets me is that when the Jackets have a bad period --- the response is that we will always have bad periods. And when we have a good period --- the response, as now, is that we will always dominate. You'd think that people would eventually learn the ups and downs.

Every NHL fan base has fans like this...read any other team's game day thread..they actually can be quite entertaining when you're not personally emotionally attached....San Jose fans are now ready to blow up the team on their 4-3-1 start and believe that their chance at winning a Stanley Cup team with current roster has passed.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
Good win. Slow start in the 1st but after that, the Jackets were the better team and the Sharks were just hanging on for dear life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad