GDT: Game 6: Columbus at San Jose | 10/23 10:30PM EDT

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
This thread is a prime example of the bipolarness of HF. We went from sucks trade everyone to Cup contenders. I know that Joey's role model is Thornton, but Thornton only wishes he had sick mitts like RyJo. RyJo is unstoppable with the puck. I really like that first line, I think it stays in tact when the injured return. I'm not going to be so quick to judge Wennberg, he's in his 6th game, as a rookie, adjusting to NA ice. Eventually this team is going to look unbelievable with RyJo, Wennberg and Dubinsky down the middle.

Tonight will be two of the hottest offensive pairings in the league (RyJo-Foligno and Perry-Getzlaf) going against each other. Should be fun. I didn't think after our efforts the last couple of games that this group could compete, but they're proving me wrong.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Best of all worlds for me. I dvr'd it. (free Center Ice until 10/31-check it out if you have cable) Watched this morning. Agree with Kev definitely a bipolar board. As was the team. They looked like crap in 1st then like SC champs in the 2nd. And up, down, and up in the third.

Favorite thing of the thread:

lee's gifs. Laughed everytime.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Good composure to come back from a very questionable waive off to a game winner a minute later.

I was hoping for 3/6 points from this road trip, so here's hoping CBJ get more than that.

Solid win despite the defensive lapses.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Went to bed after the 1st, lol.

One thing on the waved off goal - Didn't look like Foligno was anywhere close. The SJ guy was laying on top of Niemi.

Great comeback.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Next orders of business for the Blue Jackets:

1. Find Brinks truck
2. Fill it with money
3. Back it up to the Johansen residence

We can't afford to lose this guy.

No rush, we have him for just $4 million per year average annual salary for next 3 years:handclap:

This thread is a prime example of the bipolarness of HF. We went from sucks trade everyone to Cup contenders.

To be fair, the team was bi-polar. They sucked the first period AND gave up a 3rd period lead, but managed to get the rust off come back from two deficits to beat a perennial playoff team on the road. I don't remember the "trade everyone" comments, just complaints about the 4th line being a downgrade from last year's 4th line, Wennberg should be in the minors and Goloubef should be done for awhile as a starter.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Great to see what these guys are doing. Johansen will break 80 points this year, his size is dominating, add his improving skill and this kid is going to be an absolute force!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Watched the highlights this morning. First of all, fantastic win. Tough to complain about anything.

Now for the "BUT" monkey.

Damn, do we need to tighten our D up. Too many in close chances for the Sharks, and too many defensive zone turnovers for my liking. Granted, San Jose is a damn good team, but you can't give them four goals very often and still beat them. Both of these last two road games we seem to be allowing the home teams to set the tempo. We gotta make them play Jackets hockey.

Watching the slow motion replay of the disallowed goal, I agree that it was a BS call. The only guys interfering with the goalie were the two Sharks players. Not only was Foligno not interfering with him, but it was even questionable if he was in the crease when the puck went in. However, I don't fault the War Room. I think they back the Refs on their call, just as I think they would have allowed the goal had the on-ice officials called it a good goal. Glad the boys made it a moot point.

Once again, great win, and much needed with three games in four nights (BRUTAL). Hoping for at least 2 more points on this trip. The boys play CBJ hockey, and we could get all four, but the fatigue factor will be a big issue.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Classic HF. The guys who didn't bother to stay up and watch the team log on the next morning and criticize the comments. Must be nice to be so calm and collected and unemotional during a crazy ass game.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm pretty sure at one point Wennberg was centering Cracknell and Boll. What's funny is, until I read that from someone's comment (either here or elsewhere), I completely forgot Wennberg was in this game tonight. He was extremely invisible for someone who played almost 3 minutes on the PP and close to 14 minutes total in the game.

He had no hits, no shots on goal, no penalty minutes, nothing.. not even a giveaway or a takeaway. Just ice time and a -1 rating. 33% at faceoffs, too.

Invisible rookies are not necessarily bad things.

People seem to forget that playing in the NHL is hard, and it takes time. I'm sure this is really nothing more than an extended cup of coffee due to Dubinsky and Jenner being out. It's probably a good idea to leave expectations of this kid being an instant Jeff Carter or similar at the door. Maybe eventually, but jeez, not in his first year. Remember how lost Joey looked at times?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Classic HF. The guys who didn't bother to stay up and watch the team log on the next morning and criticize the comments. Must be nice to be so calm and collected and unemotional during a crazy ass game.

Not sure if this was aimed at me or not, but whatever. I guarantee you that Richards is telling the boys the same things this morning. Only because your post came right after mine.

Last edited:

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

This is what kills me after every game. A select few self-righteous posters like to chime in on comments made during the ebb and flow of the game.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
In Florida so with no Fox Ohio to watch I didn't see this one. I did read the recap, and saw the highlights on Yahoo. I also read HF.....sounds like from everything RyJo was a beast again.....but saw fewer props for Letestu than I expected. So I thought I would add some - here's to TestTube for a shorty and then a game winner! :handclap:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
This is what kills me after every game. A select few self-righteous posters like to chime in on comments made during the ebb and flow of the game.

i pretty much don't go back and read the threads anymore...just the last page or so...pretty much for that reason...I saw the game, I know how I feel/felt...

oh well...what a game...if you missed it, i'm sorry...the 4 hrs of sleep i actually got, the win made it worth it

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Not sure if this was aimed at me or not, but whatever. I guarantee you that Richards is telling the boys the same things this morning. Only because your post came right after mine.

Nah, not you. More the complainers who don't watch but call posters "bipolar" who are simply commenting on the game in real time. The first period last night was a disaster and to expect no one to be negative at the time is just a bit too holier than thou and pious for me (especially if you didn't even watch the frigging game!)

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Watching the slow motion replay of the disallowed goal, I agree that it was a BS call. The only guys interfering with the goalie were the two Sharks players. Not only was Foligno not interfering with him, but it was even questionable if he was in the crease when the puck went in. However, I don't fault the War Room. I think they back the Refs on their call, just as I think they would have allowed the goal had the on-ice officials called it a good goal. Glad the boys made it a moot point.

Was it even reviewable? I thought judgement calls by refs on goalie inteference weren't able to be reviewed, but didn't pay close attention to the new video review rules.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
they will when 17 and 38 return i am fairly sure

Can't say I agree. One of them will stick around as a role player, likely Wennberg. Hes making a lot of smart plays. He just couldn't win a face off last night and Chaput was on fire in the circle. I expect 10-13 minutes a night from him after they get back.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
IMHO, even without 17 & 38, it is time for Wennberg to sit, move Letestu back to center and let Dano play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad