Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Really gutsy series by the Capitals.

Hopefully you guys realize to savour it. Rather than rub it in our faces. Still 5 cups to 0 :).

And hopefully the Capitals realize this is insignificant if they don’t win the next one.

You are so wrong it isn't even funny.

I know the Caps team (and I am assuming a lot of fans here) won't feel this way, but I will still feel pretty f***in' awesome no matter what happens next round. ;)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leonsis said probably Thursday for game 1 on NBCSN. Here we go.

Interesting. If Nashville wins tonight, game 7 would be at 8 PM, so that's weird. If the jets win that makes sense, but friday is likelier if nashville wins

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Animal-House-animal-house-10955032-950-534.jpg
:clap:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Trotz gets a lot of credit for that defensive performance. The Caps did an excellent job of locking down the slot and bringing the forwards back to support the D.

The offense was pretty poor though. The Chiasson goal was off a low probability chance, meaning it was lucky. I'm ecstatic it all worked out, but want to keep looking at it objectively.

And Holtby has been the difference maker. Literally. You swap goalies and the Caps lose this series in 5 or 6.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Trotz gets a lot of credit for that defensive performance. The Caps did an excellent job of locking down the slot and bringing the forwards back to support the D.

The offense was pretty poor though. The Chiasson goal was off a low probability chance, meaning it was lucky. I'm ecstatic it all worked out, but want to keep looking at it objectively.

And Holtby has been the difference maker. Literally. You swap goalies and the Caps lose this series in 5 or 6.

so was theirs, though. fluke bounce off of connolly.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Bro, enjoy it.

That's how playoff games are won. With team defense and good goaltending and earned bounces.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
We've all trashed Trotz hockey. But whatever it's flaws, it worked flawlessly tonight
I still wonder about their ability to manufacture enough chances, particularly in the hard areas, but their team defense was terrific. Like I said, neutral zone play and gap control were dead on and that was a massive change compared to the past two seasons. Getting Wilson & Backstrom back will be huge and the way they're playing it's not a bad thing to start on the road. Suddenly, they also may have some tough lineup decisions up front. That depth playing well and perhaps being able to pitch in throughout the lineup would be huge. I do wonder about their offensive instincts a bit but maybe that ends up being offset by improved confidence from Vrana, Stephenson, other depth guys and having at least gotten over the hump here. That youth and speed in the lineup is key, esp. against a team like Tampa Bay that's going to be bringing it. Of course, Wilson's return helps in that regard as well.

Tampa Bay shut down Boston's top line pretty well after Game 1. They didn't allow a single even-strength goal to a Boston forward after Game 1 so they shut them down pretty well. But you'd hope the Caps are able to offer more depth compared to Boston and more sound defensive play.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Absolutely Holtby was a difference-maker. He has to be. Amazing performance. He was their best player in the series IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad