Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Consider this for a few. As a fan, the 7 game 2OT loss against the Rangers really deflated me as a fan and to win against an arch rival in OT has taken a ton off my shoulders since then. If it's this way for the fans, I can't imagine it for the players. This should put a big shot in the Caps arm, not just for the remaining playoffs, however for a few years. We have some really good youngsters ready to step up. I'm still stunned.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So we gotta roll 3 lines against Tampa yeah?
9 - 92 - 43
10 - 19 - 18
13 - 20 - 77
25 - 83 -39

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Also, something I learned last year as a Preds fan: a team with no expectations at all is a very, very dangerous team. Preds beat the Hawks and got the monkey off their backs and then went all the way to the SCF. This year the Preds are really good but have struggled in the playoffs.

Tampa has expectations, Washington doesn't. That can make all the difference in the world.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Finishing reading to page 28 ... nice to see the relief and joy from long-time posters and other Caps fans, the congrats and good wishes from fans of other teams, and especially the congratulations from the Pens fans. To Pens fans: We'll do this again next year. Hope it's as much fun - regardless of outcome (yes, I typed it) - next time.

Hockey is a great sport.

Reactions: calicapsfan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hornqiivst has been holding sticks all night

Yep and I am glad someone else noticed. I have never seen a guy screen, grab a defenders twig, and dive all at the same time. And of course laying on the ice holding the stick in his armpitt playing innocent victim.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Also, something I learned last year as a Preds fan: a team with no expectations at all is a very, very dangerous team. Preds beat the Hawks and got the monkey off their backs and then went all the way to the SCF. This year the Preds are really good but have struggled in the playoffs.

Tampa has expectations, Washington doesn't. That can make all the difference in the world.

This post.

Tampa has the expectations. The Caps should be light as a feather, and playing with supreme confidence.

The Bolts will have home-ice advantage, and the Caps apparently love playing road playoff games.

Also, CapitalOne Arena will be an absolute firestorm Game 3 and 4.

Start it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad