GDT: Game 6: Boston Bruins @ Florida Panthers - 10/17/13 - 730P ET - NESN(HD), 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I wouldn't think so. You need at least 7 D in case of injury. I like the idea of a rotation with the bottom end of the D core. Keeps up the compete level and lets the 3 young guys learn the game while also getting time to sit and watch without it feeling like a demotion.

I keep forgetting all of them added up are 7, for some reason dumb*** me keeps thinking we have 8. Dagnabbit.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Sox are a good secondary(as I call it) to go to during the 30 second commercial breaks on the B's game. If the Sox gets exciting I might watch that over an intermission break as well.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Red Sox play very, very slow, game will probably be in the fourth inning around 9:30 when the Bruins are done. Plus the Red Sox can't hit Tigers starting pitching, so nobody's missing any offense. It will probably still be 0-0.

Glad to see Hamilton back in, time to get the offense going tonight.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
in my house Bruins games would take over the TV even if its the world series.

Bruins #1 always.

Agreed, the Bruins always come first.

On another note, I love how Claude seems to be more proactive this year, and a little less tied to sticking with his veterans. It's probably because he has the depth available to him, but he has already moved Marchand down a line after a slow start, and now he is sitting Quaider in favor of one of the kids. Good stuff.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Would you guys feel bad if we TT if we blew out Florida 7-1 or something and he got pulled?

This is pro sports, he walked away from the Bruins and decided to come back with another team (in the same division nonetheless). There is absolutely zero reason to feel bad if the Bruins to get a bunch by him.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

On another note, I love how Claude seems to be more proactive this year, and a little less tied to sticking with his veterans. It's probably because he has the depth available to him, but he has already moved Marchand down a line after a slow start, and now he is sitting Quaider in favor of one of the kids. Good stuff.

I agree with your thoughts on CJ. I thought it would be the opposit with the full season and 82 games. I figured he would take longer to make changes but its the other way.

Whoed a thunk it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I agree with your thoughts on CJ. I thought it would be the opposit with the full season and 82 games. I figured he would take longer to make changes but its the other way.

Whoed a thunk it.

Seems like a smart move to try and get things figured out and squared away before its do or die I think.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Would you guys feel bad if we TT if we blew out Florida 7-1 or something and he got pulled?

love Thomas and will give him a standing O his first time back on Garden ice but getting 7 tonight would make me very very happy.

would love to get a few of the Bruins on the board and scoring as we have started pretty slow in the scoring dept.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Not in the slightest. And I'm as big of a fan of Tim Thomas as there is around here.

I would love it if we kicked his ass. And I would love it if Timmy led the Panthers into the post-season.

Bruins fan first, foremost and forever.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Love that they are willing to go with a 4-man in/out rotation on D. Was worried that McQuaid was going to be in regardless of his play. Shows they have confidence in the kids and sends a good message.

We should see some more speed & transition tonight, for sure.

Take the reins off Claude!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
can i get an amen!!!

400px-Dresdner_Amen.png

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Its what will help prolong his career in boston, championships, finals appearances, AND the ability to change your style in order to win

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
in my house Bruins games would take over the TV even if its the world series.

Bruins #1 always.

Here too. I don't particularly like baseball-especially on TV. I would rather watch hockey and update on the baseball score.

I know some people like both and understand why they would choose baseball over hockey but baseball is about like watching paint dry. My daughter was a catcher so she gets into the pitching/catching game but I don't particularly care about that.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Here too. I don't particularly like baseball-especially on TV. I would rather watch hockey and update on the baseball score.

I know some people like both and understand why they would choose baseball over hockey but baseball is about like watching paint dry. My daughter was a catcher so she gets into the pitching/catching game but I don't particularly care about that.

I liked Hockey first as a sport and trying to get into anything else is like watching a sport in slow motion. I watch a little bit here and there but can't sit through a whole game of anything else except football here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad