GDT: Game 6: Boston Bruins @ Florida Panthers - 10/17/13 - 730P ET - NESN(HD), 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I was out last night celebrating a friend's engagement, so I missed the game.

Why has the Bruins app been so effing terrible this season in terms of scores/score updates?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
More or less correct except for bolded. Folks, you have to accept the fact that this is not grade school and professional athletes don't let the trade of a linemate affect them the way you might have felt when your girl- or boyfriend dumped you or your BFF left you. If you think this is what is actually wrong with Marchand, you are in serious need of a reality check of some sort.

All due respect, thinking you're inside the heads of regular human beings just because they are professional athletes is indication that you're the one who needs a dose of reality.

Terrible excuse, absolutely. So what? They're immune? Come on.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
do they have an updated one or is it still in 2012?

just get the gamecenter app.

I have GameCenter, Bruins, and ESPN ScoreCenter. All are supposed to send score updates. None have been consistent in terms of frequency, and have gotten information wrong about the goal scorers. For example, on Saturday I was at a birthday party and the apps told me that Eriksson scored 2x.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Never understood the apps, they are always terrible and typing in NHL on google and hitting refresh works just as well. Besides i DVR the games and never want to know the score since i plan to actually watch it anyways

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Never understood the apps, they are always terrible and typing in NHL on google and hitting refresh works just as well. Besides i DVR the games and never want to know the score since i plan to actually watch it anyways

I don't have time to watch games that have already happened. When you're out and unable to watch the game, it's nice to have an alert when there's a score change so you're not sitting there refreshing your phone.

Different strokes, and all that jazz.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't have time to watch games that have already happened. When you're out and unable to watch the game, it's nice to have an alert when there's a score change so you're not sitting there refreshing your phone.

does not compute

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Same. It's absurd how many times I've watched games after midnight, or even the next day. If you don't know the score, or any details it might as well be live.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
its better then live a lot of the time because you can skip the commercials.

It's the greatest. Unless of course the cable box goes haywire and you get stuck in 4x fast forward for longer than you wanted. When that happens I go full panic mode and just hit the killswitch on the playback, then start over and fast forward to the point I was at...but at a much slower pace.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
It's the greatest. Unless of course the cable box goes haywire and you get stuck in 4x fast forward for longer than you wanted. When that happens I go full panic mode and just hit the killswitch on the playback, then start over and fast forward to the point I was at...but at a much slower pace.

yes mute is your friend as well in that situation. 4x gets stuck instant mute while looking away and killing the feed.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Same. It's absurd how many times I've watched games after midnight, or even the next day. If you don't know the score, or any details it might as well be live.

haha I'm a couple timezones over so over the years I've had to watch a lot of B's games on delay. I will even jump out of my seat and shout at the TV as if it's live.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
lol right there with ya boys, it's a dream being able to skip through the intermissions, commercials and what not. A lot of the time too when the bruins are down I will skip through every that's not actual play

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The team looked as good offensively as I can ask for in the first, but definitely didn't bring it after that until the end of the game. Also way too many defensive lapses throughout the entire game.

The Bergeron line looked great, and Eriksson continues to impress me ever since he scored his first goal. He was all over the puck tonight. Smith was really the only reason that line wasn't scoring as he missed on so many opportunities, so it's nice to see him finally cash in at the end. The Bergeron-Eriksson PP unit looked awful though.

4th line was also tremendous last night. I don't know any other 4th line that can repeatedly pin other teams in their own zone like that, but ours has definitely proven that they can.

Krejci line looked OK, but sort of just seemed to be going through the motions. They were a bit hit and miss on the PP as well.

3rd line was straight up bad. Every time Florida seemed to have any sustained pressure, it was the third line that was trapped out on the ice. They've looked good in other games, but definitely didn't click as a unit yesterday.

Hamilton was fantastic, goal aside, and was the standout on the blueline last night. He definitely deserves a spot in the lineup.

Chara/Boychuk/Seids were OK, a few defensive lapses here and there though.

Krug was fine as well; he seems to do something really creative every single game that creates a scoring opportunity.

Once again, I thought Bart struggled. He looks completely different in the regular season than the preseason to me. I think he's third on the pecking order in that group of young d-men now for sure.

Rask with yet another solid game, although he looked a little bit shaky at the start.

Timmy really ramped up his play in the third. I was surprised they were able to get another one by him.
I agree 100 percent with this assessment. With the exception that I think Krejci and Lucic have played well, a little spotty last night.Eriksson is starting to impress, he is a better skater than I first thought.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

I'm the same way, knowing the score is more important than watching it and I won't watch recorded sports. There's 82 Bruins regular season games, missing part/all of some is okay. I know a guy who records regular season baseball games when he misses them, that boggles my mind. There's 162 of them, if you miss one there is another one the next day.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I record every game on my DVR and since I work mostly evenings and nights, I usually watch the games late at night or the next day. Most of the time I can avoid not knowing the score but not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad