Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: Game 6| Blues vs. Avs| 7pm, TNT| Gif Party 2: Electric Boogaloo|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Great season, ya'll. 2nd round exit is about right, honestly.

Tough goal to let in at the end, but the good news is we have a ton of pieces to build a serious cup contender around.

Binnington will be back, ROR, Faulk, Parayko, Thomas, Kyrou...

I can recall the core of the "Hitch"-era teams and this is far cry from those teams.

Next year is ours. :yo: :blues :heart:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
View attachment 553067

@SniperHF IDK how to report that like you asked but there you go. hes been doing it for a few weeks now but very trigger happy tonight.

Dude this is so f***ing weak, even from you. You know you’ve spent an inordinate amount of time doing this *exact same shit* on the Avs board. Grow up.

To the other Blues fans who kept it clean & classy—I salute you. You’ve got a real good team. I still love ROR and am jealous of that Toropchenko fella; also Perunovich is going to be the real deal.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Did the Blues shake Kadri's hand?
Yes, there was no drama in the handshake line that I am aware of or noticed. They handled themselves with class, even in the post game interviews giving CO credit while saying they believe they underachieved.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
I think the best team won. Goalies not withstanding, the Avs dominated us for all but one game. I hope Tampa beats em and I think Vasilevski/y??? will be the difference. Shots aren't the only thing that matters but we were heavily outahit and the quality of the many shots that the Avs had seemed at least as good as the quality of our shots. This is based on my watching about three games this series and statwatching all of them.
Army has some work to do. I don't envy his position because we were one of the best Western teams but not close to the Avs this series. There aren't obvious improvements to make, at least not to me. Patayko isn't Chris Pronger. But we don't pay him to be Chris Pronger.

Husso let us down a little in the postseason but we don't pay him to be Brodeur. We don't even pay him to be starter level.

Vladdy was a little ghostly this series but he scored the 1st goal in game 5...

I think Berube is a great coach but this series was a little odd in the way that we kept dumping and chasing but maybe that's a credit to the Avs neutral zone play.

We have a very good team but we aren't the best out of 32. And I think the two best Colorado and Tampa are far above the other teams. Hats off to Colorado but I hope Tampa destroys them.
I hope Edmonton destroys them. I don’t want them anywhere near the Final. Go Canada

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This is a tough loss because even giving the Avs all the credit in being able to overcome a gutwrenching loss in game 5 and then being able to beat the Blues at home in game 6, the Blues probably should've beaten this team. It's all what-ifs at this point, but I don't know if we should be too worried about this Blues team, as long as they can make some roster moves that can improve the left side and get Husso (or other backup) signed, we should be fine. Taking the "best team" to nearly 7 games after losing our starting goalie in the beginning of game 3 is a testament to how good this team is.

Again, credit to the Avs; they are an insanely talented team and this series could've gone either way. Good luck to them because after this year, I'm not sure how much they'll be able to repeat their past seasons.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The only matchup that would have had me rooting for Colorado would have been if they faced Vegas. Otherwise, I'm rooting for whoever they face. I couldn't stomach Kadri skating around with the Cup and the media gushing and building him into some kind of role model. The guy is a jackass.

I think Tampa vs Colorado is likely, and I'd expect Tampa to win that matchup.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The better team won last night. You won't win many games when you can't even cross your blue line with possession. Husso, props to that guy, kept the Avs from holding the lead until 5 seconds from the end of the game. Thank you for a good season, Blues players!

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
22 notifications when i log on tonight. Like I told you @SniperHF they been doing this since last Feb.

1653786756759.png

1653786785329.png

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Dude this is so f***ing weak, even from you. You know you’ve spent an inordinate amount of time doing this *exact same shit* on the Avs board. Grow up.

To the other Blues fans who kept it clean & classy—I salute you. You’ve got a real good team. I still love ROR and am jealous of that Toropchenko fella; also Perunovich is going to be the real deal.

Good luck the rest of the way. See you next year. :yo: :heart: :avs

Guess you're our main rivals now, it's a nice change from the Hawks and Kings.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
22 notifications when i log on tonight. Like I told you @SniperHF they been doing this since last Feb.

View attachment 553341
View attachment 553342

All respect to the Admins and Mods.

Saying that, if I was doing what TheDizee was doing and going to the Avs board to do the same thing, I wouldn't be snitching anyone out. I'm of the opinion that if I'm trash talking or whatever I'm ok with getting that in return. To me that's fair.

If I'm on another team's board, I'm usually riding with them. Habs, Oilers, etc. I like teams other than the Blues (don't get it twisted, at the end of the day I bleed Blue) and while I don't have any animosity against the Avs, I can't really be a fan of theirs because of their connection with Quebec. I loved the Nordiques and that bothers me to this day. Similar reason to not being a Sharks fan.

I think fighting as a fan of a team on a rival team's board is just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad