Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: Game 6| Blues vs. Avs| 7pm, TNT| Gif Party 2: Electric Boogaloo|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
well comeback in g5 was worth it cause we got a shark fan banned atleast. but that effort tonight was truly pathetic. no excuse for that. have to adjust your play midgame and they didnt. they wanted to dump pucks in and try to forecheck but outside of 5min stretch in 2nd, they never once got to it.

and that entire 3rd period was a turtle fest. whole game was but that 3rd was on a whole other level. any team that can get shots and ozone time on colorado is going to beat them badly because that goaltender is not good. thats why this series is stupid, lost to total dog shit goaltender and lost 3 home games. sad effort in front of their fans.

I was all aboard until you want Tkachuk. The last thing we need is another ghost in the playoffs.
change of scenery can do ppl good. remember that perron use to be a playoff choker himself until he went to vegas.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Avs fan, in peace. Just wanted to say was, is, will be a massive O'Reilly supporter. Nay, fan. There was a moment in the 3rd when everyone is gassed, his line was at the end of the shift, O'Reilly throws the puck into the O-zone. Everyone peels off for a line change. Except he digs in and forechecks the hell out of it. O'Reilly created havoc for 3 Avs at the end of his shift. Man, I love that stuff.

And just that you guys have grit. No need to wax more. Have deep respect for grit... that be you'd's guys. Husso had some wheels off great saves too.

Will leave it there. Just props to a fine team that never quits. Will get behind that any damn day.
Too soon...

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Was a fun season and first round. Blues have some decisions to make in the off season. Otherwise, off to the Oiler's board for the next round and hope to see some of you there.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Parayko had a horrible game tonight. The delay of game was the cherry on top.

Handled the puck like a grenade all night. So much potential. So disappointing he will never reach it.

Reactions: TheDizee

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Parayko had a horrible game tonight. The delay of game was the cherry on top.

Handled the puck like a grenade all night. So much potential. So disappointing he will never reach it.
Never. He’s already reached the top of his potential. Colt can even out and reduce mistakes, but he’s not what we wanted him to be.

Joelhead

Jun 26, 2007
Houston, Texas
I think the best team won. Goalies not withstanding, the Avs dominated us for all but one game. I hope Tampa beats em and I think Vasilevski/y??? will be the difference. Shots aren't the only thing that matters but we were heavily outahit and the quality of the many shots that the Avs had seemed at least as good as the quality of our shots. This is based on my watching about three games this series and statwatching all of them.
Army has some work to do. I don't envy his position because we were one of the best Western teams but not close to the Avs this series. There aren't obvious improvements to make, at least not to me. Patayko isn't Chris Pronger. But we don't pay him to be Chris Pronger.

Husso let us down a little in the postseason but we don't pay him to be Brodeur. We don't even pay him to be starter level.

Vladdy was a little ghostly this series but he scored the 1st goal in game 5...

I think Berube is a great coach but this series was a little odd in the way that we kept dumping and chasing but maybe that's a credit to the Avs neutral zone play.

We have a very good team but we aren't the best out of 32. And I think the two best Colorado and Tampa are far above the other teams. Hats off to Colorado but I hope Tampa destroys them.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I think the best team won. Goalies not withstanding, the Avs dominated us for all but one game. I hope Tampa beats em and I think Vasilevski/y??? will be the difference. Shots aren't the only thing that matters but we were heavily outahit and the quality of the many shots that the Avs had seemed at least as good as the quality of our shots. This is based on my watching about three games this series and statwatching all of them.
Army has some work to do. I don't envy his position because we were one of the best Western teams but not close to the Avs this series. There aren't obvious improvements to make, at least not to me. Patayko isn't Chris Pronger. But we don't pay him to be Chris Pronger.

Husso let us down a little in the postseason but we don't pay him to be Brodeur. We don't even pay him to be starter level.

Vladdy was a little ghostly this series but he scored the 1st goal in game 5...

I think Berube is a great coach but this series was a little odd in the way that we kept dumping and chasing but maybe that's a credit to the Avs neutral zone play.

We have a very good team but we aren't the best out of 32. And I think the two best Colorado and Tampa are far above the other teams. Hats off to Colorado but I hope Tampa destroys them.
Too many passengers. And bad efforts. I thought g1 was bad, tonight was a joke from the get go.

Their third periods outside of G5 were some of the worst hockey I've seen in years but tonight's was truly embarrassing.

Where was the desperation? I saw it from one team, not from the team in blue however.

Lost to a inferior goaltender. Even husso is better than him, all because they refused to adapt their play and shoot.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Parayko had a bad delay of game penalty and that one bad breakout. Thought overall he was great this series. We are lucky to have him.

Hats off to Husso for an fantastic performance tonight. Hope he is back with the team next year cause he is a very good goalie. If he isn't then wish him nothing but the best & hope he gets a big payday!

Reactions: Cape

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Solid effort from both sides tonight. The Avs didn’t turtle though (like they did in game 5) which made a big difference. I honestly thought that game was destined for OT.

I’m not sure if I would even make any adjustments to this squad for next year. The young guys are becoming just as scary (if not scarier) than the vets that got them the cup in 2019. Next year looks like it’s gonna be a key one with a lot of UFAs and RFAs coming up. So I can imagine they’ll go for it even harder in 2023.

It was a great series overall. I really wish I could have seen it with Binnington in there as I hate “what if” scenarios. However this isn’t a series loss that Blues fans should be mad about, they played great and nearly pushed Colorado to 7.

Cheers!

Reactions: Sushiko

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
I’m surprised to see so much animosity towards Parayko. The whole team sucks at breaking out of the defensive zone (and credit to Colorado’s forecheck and neutral zone play), and the delay of game penalty was bad luck. He was hardly the problem this series.

The better team won tonight. I was hoping the Blues’ experience and the Avs’ lack of it would be the difference, because there wasn’t much else going for the Blues. Additional credit to Colorado for overcoming their past failures.

I’m happy Erik Johnson is advancing at least, but I’m gonna hope for a McDrai/Bolts final.

Joelhead

Jun 26, 2007
Houston, Texas
Too many passengers. And bad efforts. I thought g1 was bad, tonight was a joke from the get go.

Their third periods outside of G5 were some of the worst hockey I've seen in years but tonight's was truly embarrassing.

Where was the desperation? I saw it from one team, not from the team in blue however.

Lost to a inferior goaltender. Even husso is better than him, all because they refused to adapt their play and shoot.
I agree that the only four performers were Faulk, Binnington, Perron, and O'Reilly. The tricky part is pointing the blame at any one player because the rest of the team played poorly and in an uninspired manner. I don't know how much of that was our team or if Colorado is that much better that they rendered us inept. I also agree that Kemper was the lesser goalie than Husso.

The seeming lack of desperation was odd and uncharacteristic but it is hard to fathom that our guys weren't still playing hard. I don't know what the issue there was - maybe coaching, maybe laziness, maybe we were overconfident but that seems difficult against the Avs, maybe we were just beat by a better team that made us look bad. We have an off-season to ponder it.

Reactions: shpongle falls

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Man tough to lose it right at the end there before overtime could start, Avs were the better team tonight bottom line. If we didn't lose Krug and Binnington long term could have been a different outcome.

I will say I'm low key happy for the Avs to finally break through to the third round, especially for guys like Mackinnon. Oilers-Avs shoud be an epic fun series to watch.

Blues have a good team right now, I'm ready for the off-season and curious how Armstrong decides to tweak the roster.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The mystery? Where were the Game #2 Blues for the rest of the series?

Binnington could have stole this - Kadri is a dirty player, case closed.

Reactions: Xerloris

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
The mystery? Where were the Game #2 Blues for the rest of the series?

Binnington could have stole this - Kadri is a dirty player, case closed.
They were there early in G3 until Kadri ran Binner. Blues spent the next 2 games pouting over it instead of playing hockey.

The loss of Binner probably cost them the series but like I said, that was 2 lousy ass efforts in 6 games. Team can go have fun golfing if they wanna pull crap like that. Husso was good last night until the final 10mins but once again choked down the stretch. I give Parayko a pass, he was due for a bad game. But that was a awful time to have it and the coaching staff deserves some blame for putting him on a PP unit even though we've known for years hes terrible on it.

Bottom line is their depth outplayed ours which is why we are going golfing, doesnt matter what goalie was in net. They no showed for a game for both goalies. They contained Makar all series and Mackinnon for 5/6 games and yet lost the series because people like Barbashev, Thomas, Tarasenko, Saad & Schenn did not produce. Kyrou produced somewhat but he also was a huge liability defensively. Buch might get some blame but I thought he had a good series as did Bozak, Toropchenko, ROR and DP.

They won't win the cup with that goaltender, hes awful and has to be severely sheltered, but its still a shame for the Blues as that series was right there for them if they decided to show up for 2 games and stop emo pouting for the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad