Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

henryasteroidlionnet

May 4, 2024
"We're right there," the captain said. "I mean, it's very small difference. And just the type of hockey that we played, the way we needed to play to give ourselves a chance to win the series, and the way we came together, the way that we stuck with it.... There's no doubt that we're right there."

The players on this team are delusional. Never once even coming close to playing in a conference final means you are not 'Right There". They are far far far away from being a contender.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
It's like Babcock still loves to troll the Leafs:

"Montgomery revealed post-game that Mike Babcock talked to him prior to Game 7 about the importance of owning the moment. Wow."

Strangle

May 4, 2009
There's a lot of things that happened this series, in no particular order.

1.) Didn't score enough goals.
2.) 69 goal scorer gets ill in Game 2 and never skates or practices again while missing games
3.) 40 goal scorer and second highest scorer on the team gets migraines and misses 3 games
4.) Samsonov shit the bed, under .900 save percentage, over 3GAA and 0-4 against Swayman
5.) Joseph Woll plays 2 games where the Leafs dominate and gets injured
6.) Marner is invisible
7.) Tavares is declining

I think point 2 and 3 contributed a lot to less scoring. I'm sure Marner is going to say he wasn't 100% either because he's coming off a high-ankle sprain which might be true. This year the Leafs had the worst injury luck they've ever had in the playoffs.

All of the big 3 got injured in the playoffs or right before the playoffs. The Leafs best goalie got injured in the regular season, sucked when he came back which made Samsonov start in the playoffs and then got hot and injured again in the playoffs just in time for Samsonov to go 0-4 against Swayman in Game 7.

That’s fine if it was the first time

But you have to add these to all the other post series excuses we’ve spent our time thinking up for this team

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Pain...
So frustrating to be going backwards.
This should have been our best year yet, and it ends a waste.
I guess all there is now is waiting for the offseason and hoping that we don't completely destroy any chance of success moving forward.
It was a waste because of all the domino’s Dubas put in place Plain and simple. His crappy goalies and his crappy core 4 and his crap coach couldn’t get it done.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It's like Babcock still loves to troll the Leafs:

"Montgomery revealed post-game that Mike Babcock talked to him prior to Game 7 about the importance of owning the moment. Wow."

A lot of people hate the Leafs. Cooper talked to Montgomery too.

Tim Peel (former ref) absolutely trolls the Leafs since the moment he retired.

Reactions: BallardEra

horner

May 22, 2007
40 mil dollar PP the worst % the playoffs that is why we lost.
Marner bye
Mo should be traded
JT should be traded

Reactions: thewave

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Players feel like they're "right there" and it's only a matter of time before they break through:

And both Marner and Reilly didn't speak during post game.

This core group is such babies.

henryasteroidlionnet

May 4, 2024
14 straight playoff games with 3 goals or less and it's only once they scored 3 goals in a game in that span. Brutal. The core didn't show up. Simple as that. You can't run this back.

40 mil dollar PP the worst % the playoffs that is why we lost.
Marner bye
Mo should be traded
JT should be traded
1-21 on the PP. That is putrid.

Last edited:

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
That’s fine if it was the first time

But you have to add these to all the other post series excuses we’ve spent our time thinking up for this team
This is it. What I’m about to say is terrible, but by now frankly nothing short of the team being wiped out in a plane crash would be seen as a valid excuse

horner

May 22, 2007
Both need to go imo. I was unimpressed with Reilly's performance. He's getting paid top money and he was a no shoMw in the playoffs again.

Why Samsonov over Woll? Incredible. There is stupid, but then there is idiocy
I don't know how to answer this because you odviously didn't watch the game.
I will give you the answer he was hurt.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Keefe should be a hot firing. Within 72hrs along with the rest of the coaches. 4% PP in what world does this happen.

Shanny soon after that. Fired.

slice-execute.gif

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Unfortunately the eye test and 8 bloody years in a row say Will is wrong
Well the previous years prior to this one they didn't rely on eye test, they looked at the analytics and advanced numbers and thought they should keep running back with the same group of players.

Everything started at the top and the top people should have been gone a long time ago.

henryasteroidlionnet

May 4, 2024
I don't know how to answer this because you odviously didn't watch the game.
I will give you the answer he was hurt.
Not sure what game you were watching. Reilly was a no show this series. He was not very good. He was on for both goals last night. I would trade him.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Over the last few years Boston has lost its world class Dman, star goalie, and 2 of the top forwards in the league and still they send us packing.
Tavares says we are right there…….he is wrong but even is we were “right there” with Boston’s depleted team that’s a shame with the money spent on this forward group. We should be way ahead of them………..unless maybe this type of cap allocation doesn’t work (sarcasm intended)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Players feel like they're "right there" and it's only a matter of time before they break through:

I don’t think they understand the concept of “right there”.

Right there is not losing in the first round 7 of 8 times. You can debate if they got lucky to win the 1.

Right there should at least mean visits to the Conference finals.

Out of 16 wins, the best this team has done in 8 years is 5 of 16. Usually it’s 3 of 16. That is so not right there. It’s more like way over that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad